IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

154 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> S3 Mafia 1: The Alliance of Amazing Artists, Game over! :V:ictory!
chotto kiitena
post May 19 2011, 06:33 AM
Post #1

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Tokyo, Japan. The most heavily populated city in the world.

And yet, among its 35 million residents, crime is at an all-time low. Many things go on behind the scenes in Tokyo, but few know of the secret organisation of individuals that are, let's say, somewhat outside the norm.

20 years ago, a series of government-initiated studies as clandestine as they were ethically dubious found that Tokyo's massive population density, combined with elevated levels of toxic chemicals and radiation had caused hitherto never-before-seen levels of mutation in the human genome, leading rise to individuals with superhuman abilities. Named for the waves of mutation that struck the metropolis, the Konami Syndicate was formed to hide the existence of these superhumans as well as to harness their abilities for the betterment of humanity.

The Konami Syndicate soon established a cover for themselves as a developer and publisher of videogames. Their members lived double lives - to the public, they appeared merely as musicians, working to create music for Konami's flagship series, Beatmania IIDX. But in reality, they worked behind the scenes to eradicate crime and bring harmony to the city. In secret, they came to refer to themselves as the Alliance of Amazing Artists, or aaa.gif for short.

Here we arrive at the present day, where the current generation of the aaa.gif has worked from the shadows to keep the peace for close to 12 years. However, all is not well as the aaa.gif is set to face its greatest threat to date - the enemy within.

A number of dissident members from within the aaa.gif have declared themselves the next stage in humanity's evolution, and seek to exact their revenge on the city that long ago forced them into hiding. Known only to each other, they are Vengeance - also known as v.gif. They will stop at nothing to bring down the aaa.gif and impose their own brutal rule upon humanity - what could their next move be?

Welcome to S3 Mafia 1! New site name calls for a reboot, in my opinion.

This is a game of Mafia. If you don't know what Mafia is, read the original game, as well as VJA Mafia 2 and VJA Mafia 3 if you're so inclined. I will assume from this point forward that everyone has at least a general idea of how Mafia is played.

As with VJA Mafia 2 and 3, this is a relatively complicated closed setup game. I will be sending out role PMs hopefully later tonight that will contain your role and alignment - please read yours very carefully.

There are at least two factions in this game. If you are a member of the aaa.gif (the town), your role PM will end with the following win condition:
You are aligned with the aaa.gif and win when all threats to the aaa.gif are no more.

If you are a member of v.gif (the mafia), your role PM will end with the following win condition:
You are aligned with v.gif and win when you have unassailable dominance of the game.

In this case, 'unassailable dominance' is when the mafia control the lynch (by comprising 50% or more of the game) and there are no roles remaining that could shake their hold.

Other alignments than the ones listed above may or may not exist, so watch out!!

Role abilities may or may not be related to the player's choice of artist. Alignment is completely random and was determined before any part of the setup was written.

Cardflip is on for alignment and ability name. It will not say exactly what any revealed abilities do, just their names.

The following very important additional point from VJA Mafia 3 also applies to this game: In this game, the mafia may nightkill in addition to any actions they might otherwise have (they still have to pick one person to do the kill, but that person does not forfeit their action). Therefore, you cannot clear anyone from having performed a nightkill just because they were also doing something else that night. Roleblocking, tracking and watching (if any of these roles exist in the game) will still function normally, however. Don't forget this!

RULES
Pretty much the same as before!
  • Unlike TWG, you may not talk about the game outside of this topic unless you have been specifically told that you can. Please respect this rule.
  • Don't edit your posts, this is cheating. If you make a mistake, quote your post and fix it in another post.
  • To vote for someone, you must put the vote in bold: e.g. Vote: Xythar or it won't count. Don't use bold for anything else. To cancel your vote (you must do this before changing it to someone else), post unvote.
  • I won't ask for your role. Don't tell it to anyone outside of the thread.
  • You may not quote anything I tell you in private, either in whole or part. Obviously you may claim your role and any information you might receive through it, but you can't quote any of my PMs to prove so. The scum PMs follow the same structure as the town PMs anyway, the only difference is the win condition and I have made all win conditions public above. So don't think comparing PMs would tell you anything even if it were allowed.
  • If you are dead, STOP POSTING. If you are not playing, DO NOT POST. There will be plenty of time to gripe at the people who lynched you when the game is over. As soon as the hammer is dropped on you, or you show up dead after a night phase, you must immediately cease posting in the topic (and talking to people outside of the topic).
  • DO NOT REVEAL YOUR ROLE OR OTHERWISE TALK ABOUT THE GAME IF YOU ARE DEAD EVEN TO OTHER DEAD PLAYERS. Likewise, do not reveal your role to dead players or talk to them about the game even if you are still playing. I will not be providing any additional information to dead players. There is a reason for this, please keep it in mind.
  • Please do not post in the topic at night (talking outside the topic is OK if you are allowed to as part of your role). Please do not post in the topic after the hammer has been dropped. After the hammer has been dropped, the day is over.
  • Please post at least once with game content per day. If you aren't participating enough I may have to replace you. It's in the town's interest to encourage as much discussion as possible because otherwise it's far easier for the scum to just lay low the entire time. There will be no replacements in the late-game - at that point the only way out is modkill. Sorry!
  • I'm going to play it by ear with regards to deadlines and we'll see how we go (I will post deadlines well in advance when they are set). If the day ends via deadline with no majority lynch, there will be no lynch. I shouldn't even have to tell you how this is a bad idea for the town.
  • You'll notice I gave you no post restriction in your role PM. This is because nobody has a post restriction. That being said, you are encouraged to post however you think your chosen artist would, for the sake of an entertaining game - just don't let it get in the way of playing the game effectively. The degree and method by which you do this is entirely up to you.
  • There are no restrictions on what you can claim about yourself (as long as you don't quote me directly). Take note however that I have provided all non-town players with town role PMs. I have designed this game to be of more advanced difficulty than usual since you are all experienced players, so expect the unexpected! Assume nothing!
  • Text in italics is flavour and does not contain game-relevant information, unlike text in bold which summarises important facts related to your role or night action. Only minimal flavour will be given out at night, and flavour for nightkills posted in the topic will not necesarily reflect the means of death. Assume nothing!
  • Seriously, don't make assumptions about people's alignments! You'll regret it, trust me.
Important clarification regarding the "no direct quotes of anything I tell you in private" rule:
QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ May 28 2011, 01:10 AM) *
Please do not directly quote anything I tell you in private, including role PMs, any conversations you have with me, my response to any clarification questions about your role or such, etc etc. Please do not even post anything that LOOKS like a direct quote of one of the above even if it is fake.

I don't want people to ever get into a situation of "well let's wait for such and such to be modkilled since if they don't get modkilled they must be lying". So no role PMs or conversations with me, even fake ones. Thank you!

As always, paraphrasing is fine.

PLAYER LIST
1) BLUST OF WIND (yasuhiro abe)
2) Catastrophe (SUPER STAR 満-MITSURU-)
3) Chronomaster K Cylun (Sota Fujimori)
4) cyghfer (Naoki)
5) Nihopalaoa DDRaHolic (Tomosuke)
6) ErAseRmoTor maXimUM (猫叉Master)
7) grayfox9996 (Dirty Androids)
8) Junglist King Mazrim (sampling masters MEGA)
9) kevin energy (MTO)
10) Krazy (TaQ)
11) m335h73r (Shoichiro Hirata)
12) Marlie Tang (Slake)
13) over there (Hiroshi Watanabe)
14) PolarisIIDX (kors k)
15) RISLIM -Remix- (Osamu Kubota)
16) rmz (Mr. T)
17) Shane (Tatsh)
18) sir nabsalot (Akira Yamaoka)
19) spineshark (dj nagureo)
20) Toph (Ryu☆)
21) Twan (DJ Yoshitaka)
22) vaderseven (RAM)
23) vopeju (L.E.D.)
24) Xenogenesis Vosha (wac)

REMAINING PLAYERS
BLUST OF WIND, yasuhiro abe (radius, AAA) passed away night 4
Catastrophe, SUPER STAR 満-MITSURU- (ALL MY TURN, AAA) lynched day 2
cyghfer, NAOKI (ZERO, AAA) lynched day 5
Cylun, Sota Fujimori (Fly Above, AAA) fell to his death night 3
DDRaHolic, Tomosuke (Blind Justice, AAA) lynched day 3
ErAseRmoTor maXimUM
grayfox9996, Dirty Androids (Last Burning, AAA) blown apart night 2
kevin energy, MTO (World Wide Love, AAA) breathed his last night 4
Krazy, TaQ (empathy, AAA) bashed to death night 2
m335h73r (Nothing Ain't Stoppin' Us, AAA) lynched day 6
Marlie Tang
Mazrim
over there, Hiroshi Watanabe (Cold Pulse, AAA) lynched day 1
PolarisIIDX
RISLIM -Remix-, Osamu Kubota (惑 -perplexity-, V) lost his head night 1
rmz
Shane, Tatsh (Scripted Connection=>, colbert) lynched day 4
sir nabsalot, Akira Yamaoka (SHIFT, AAA) stabbed in the back night 2
spineshark, dj nagureo (Secret Tale, AAA) was shot night 1
Toph
Twan
vaderseven, RAM (SWITCH, AAA) died of causes unknown night 5
vopeju, L.E.D. (GRID KNIGHT, AAA) stepped into the new world night 6
Vosha

Role PMs are currently being written. When they are finished I will send them out and the game can begin! Please make sure you read your entire role PM very carefully and don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions regarding your role. Finally:

USE THIS LINK TO SEND ME YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS!
Do NOT go via my profile as other players could use the 'Last Visitors' box to track you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marlie Tang
post May 19 2011, 07:27 AM
Post #2

quelly~the fourth ham~

YO GET HYPE BABY! LET'S GO! LET'S GO!

QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ May 19 2011, 06:33 AM) *
Role PMs are currently being written. When they are finished I will send them out and the game can begin!

WHAT THE FUCK!

--------------------
“Fear of consequences is a more powerful motivator in a large portion of the human race than fear of hurting others.”
―Rambly ‘ramblybly’ Bly

+Quote Post
Jadin
post May 19 2011, 07:31 AM
Post #3

I♥prat fall

WHAT THE FUCK!!!

--------------------
[21:17:43] <+Jadin> sry I fell asleep making spaghetti

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 19 2011, 08:35 AM
Post #4

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

15/24 done, god this takes forever

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 19 2011, 10:35 AM
Post #5

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

finished, after writing role PMs for the last 4 hours straight. they will be going out soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post May 19 2011, 11:02 AM
Post #6

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

electroshock

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 19 2011, 11:22 AM
Post #7

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

All PMs have been sent. Please let me know if you didn't get yours!

Opening Day 1 in a sec.

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 19 2011, 11:32 AM
Post #8

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

The latest day to dawn on the headquarters of the aaa.gif was an ominous one.

Face down at the head of the main conference table lay dj TAKA, original founder of the Konami Syndicate and chairman of the aaa.gif - a wickedly serrated blade protruding from his back. The most heavily protected man in Japan short of the Emperor.

It was a message. And it got across its point well - nobody was safe from v.gif.

This was not a matter for the police, or for the people. No, the aaa.gif took their own matters into their own hands. And they were going to root out and eliminate the threat within their midst... now.

Xythar, dj TAKA (ABSOLUTE) was killed. He was aaa.gif aligned.

Day 1 has begun. With 24 players remaining, it takes 13 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline, but one will likely be set soon.

(sorry, flavour is kind of short and the PMs just kind of launch into describing abilities without any backstory but it's like 2:30 am here and I need to work tomorrow)

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post May 19 2011, 11:36 AM
Post #9

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Man this story is starting to feel an awful lot like that Scream Squad TWG I did

+Quote Post
kevin energy
post May 19 2011, 11:40 AM
Post #10

I think happiness is having something to believe in.

##vote: Twan

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marlie Tang
post May 19 2011, 11:42 AM
Post #11

quelly~the fourth ham~

##vote Twan

hey boy, wait a minute

I can read your mind

use your imagination

--------------------
“Fear of consequences is a more powerful motivator in a large portion of the human race than fear of hurting others.”
―Rambly ‘ramblybly’ Bly

+Quote Post
Marlie Tang
post May 19 2011, 11:44 AM
Post #12

quelly~the fourth ham~

QUOTE (kevin energy @ May 19 2011, 11:40 AM) *
##vote: Twan

and fuck you for sniping the initial twan vote, I wish you death disco

--------------------
―Rambly ‘ramblybly’ Bly

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post May 19 2011, 11:45 AM
Post #13

they keep referring to me as that

##vote: BLUST OF WIND
look i like eVan様 okay

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 19 2011, 11:51 AM
Post #14

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

sorry one other thing

there is no vote-related fuckery in this game (I'll add this to the OP in the morning) so feel free to do votecounts whenever you like

you guys will most likely do the bulk of your posting when I'm either asleep or at work so any help with providing updated votecounts would be greatly appreciated.

goodnight

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post May 19 2011, 11:54 AM
Post #15

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

##vote: PolarisIIDX because where the hell have you been

+Quote Post
BLUST OF WIND
post May 19 2011, 12:14 PM
Post #16

The Shadow

##vote Twan
Because as Yoshitaka, He has yet to make an album and may be conspriring....Put out an album damnit

--------------------
<Eijiken> Beggars can't exactly be choosers you know.
<a_40_oz_for_breakfast> Beggers can be niggers though
<a_40_oz_for_breakfast> :>

+Quote Post
VaderSeven
post May 19 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #17

Gosu

DJ Battle This User

Who was the wolf in that last game I played?

--------------------
All the SetNenceS, MES$ up 1 MuS4!

+Quote Post
spineshark
post May 19 2011, 12:38 PM
Post #18

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

Are we really killing someone for being Yositaka? Because that's awesome.

##vote grayfox9996 though, even his name is Dirty

+Quote Post
cyghfer
post May 19 2011, 01:05 PM
Post #19

Candy Galy

hi don't mind me in the corner here

--------------------
So long.

I will watch it after a dream.

+Quote Post
m335h73r
post May 19 2011, 01:14 PM
Post #20

Roll for Tier

DJ Battle This User

##vote Xenogenesis because Wac fucked me and made a long version of Big Dog Waltz that was only 15 seconds longer than the game version.

--------------------

+Quote Post

154 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 02:32 PM