IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> onipa died
chubs
post Mar 18 2017, 12:11 AM
Post #1

Rising in the Sun

Apparently he wasn't doing very well and had a serious medical problem that required him to be on hospice for a while so, someone tried to get in contact with his dad and was informed him that he had passed on the 11th of march 2017. RIP sad.gif((
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TJB
post Mar 18 2017, 03:27 AM
Post #2

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

I'll always know him as junglist king, so..

take it easy junglist king

+Quote Post
DanAdamKOF
post Mar 18 2017, 04:56 AM
Post #3

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Onipa first contacted me wanting controller repair advice, I was surprised to see his off forum persona was someone I felt at ease talking to. We kept in touch regularly and we often talked for hours about the games, things we found funny, mutual friends (we'd never met but by many coincidences knew some of the same people), stuff like that.

I knew of his illness since a long time ago, I had a friend who died really young from the same thing. We never really talked about his days being numbered, we both knew his time would come sooner than later, but we were too busy having a good time chatting and bonding over a lifetime of observations of IIDX/5keys/Pop'n and how weird the internet is and so on.

That guy really loved hitting buttons. Even though to many his persona (and true character) was impenetrable, the community has suffered a great loss.

I'll miss you Dru.

--------------------

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Mar 18 2017, 07:19 AM
Post #4

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

We certainly had our differences back in the day, but I wouldn't wish that sort of thing on anyone. RIP

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
DanAdamKOF
post Mar 18 2017, 05:38 PM
Post #5

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Last year while chatting, Onipa impromptu reviewed all of Lincle. I think until now only I have seen this, please enjoy: http://pastebin.com/T2AtZt2F

--------------------

+Quote Post
BigC
post Mar 18 2017, 07:54 PM
Post #6

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

I only met him twice IRL despite the fact that we went to the same arcades, once at super arcade and once at arcade infinity. Never really talked to him a lot but what few interactions I had with him were pleasant. I can't imagine living with the knowledge that you'll die an early death but it seems like he didn't let that get him down.

I said a long time ago that I'd play resistance in IIDX while wearing a horse head mask and he was pretty excited about that but I never got around to it, maybe if I find it I'll finally do it...

--------------------

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Mar 19 2017, 01:26 AM
Post #7

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

He didn't like Wanna Party?, c'mon that song is the best.

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
Tropical Pallete
post Mar 19 2017, 12:42 PM
Post #8

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Well, this explains why the long absences from the forum. He was only, what, in his late 20's? Shit. That is way too young to die.

The next time I go to Round One, I'll play a round of Slake songs in his honor.

--------------------
QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 19 2010, 02:30 PM) *
2 steps to naming a yoshitaka song

1. Turn on capslock
2. Roll face across keyboard

+Quote Post
1st Samurai
post Mar 20 2017, 01:23 PM
Post #9

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

Condolences to those who knew the guy, can't say I did much as I was a late arriver, but I remember him saying something in agreement with me once, he had a cool name (in the UK saying 'Junglist' was a big thing in the early 90s) and was always an interesting poster.

On a related note, I've seen a few people from forum communities pass away in my time and it's always warming to see even those who have differences of opinion pull together and support each other when we lose someone. Stay strong and jah bless yall.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2017 - 07:02 PM