over there
post Mar 24 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #41

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (♦sunsilk♦ @ Mar 24 2009, 03:57 PM) *
I suspect it's not very effective or adviseable using your joints but apparently one of the top 10 players here does or is that just a myth? dry.gif

I can only guess you're talking about chickensnack, but that doesn't sound like what he does :/ Also I doubt you're gonna find a lot of one-handed players that only play that way, in the US or in Japan. I think TripMachina and HANABI are the only players I know of who play one-handed only. Doubles translates into one-handed skill very well, so I suggest picking that up. Otherwise, your dominant hand will get better in it's own as you play with two hands, unless you reach a technique barrier (hitting 5+6 chords is an example of that).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
THE SHINING POLA...
post Mar 25 2009, 05:37 AM
Post #42

The Beauty of Silence

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (osrg @ Mar 25 2009, 12:00 PM) *
I can only guess you're talking about chickensnack, but that doesn't sound like what he does :/ Also I doubt you're gonna find a lot of one-handed players that only play that way, in the US or in Japan. I think TripMachina and HANABI are the only players I know of who play one-handed only. Doubles translates into one-handed skill very well, so I suggest picking that up. Otherwise, your dominant hand will get better in it's own as you play with two hands, unless you reach a technique barrier (hitting 5+6 chords is an example of that).

Yeah I was talking about the chicken snack, what is it he does differently than other players then? secret herbs and spices? wink.gif

edit: ok I saw in another thread what he does, lower index finger joint on key 5, no thumbs, no little fingers, k, got it.

Yes you're right about doubles, I'm going to try them when I get a 2nd controller coz it's pricy to learn doubles at the arcades, and yes that's a good point that your dominant hand will get better in 2 handed play anyway, but not as fast as in 1 handed play ;p
The only vid I've seen of HANABI is moon child [a].

Notable current 1 handed players in japan are CELI (double battle mirror everything) and TAIRYU (AA[a] hard clear etc.), that's as far as nicovideo is concerned, then there's all those nameless players in the arcades which can clear 12's but don't make videos.

This post has been edited by ♦sunsilk♦: Mar 29 2009, 12:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ErAseRmoTor maXi...
post Mar 25 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #43

The Shadow

I play exclusively one handed and it doesn't translate into doubles very well at all. It feels like I'm on equal ground with people that play exclusively two handed when playing doubles. Seriously, I can't even pass 5s and I've been trying to for a week or so. My left hand isn't developed at all since it's just been scratching.

+Quote Post
therealbong
post Mar 26 2009, 12:31 AM
Post #44

Tranoid

Only 'joint' i use on a regular basis is my ring finger for 5-6, cause there are so many songs where either its a chord fest and you can't have your thumb on the 5 (hello kamikaze [a]), or you're doing the beat with your thumb.

The other joint I use which doesn't come up too too often is 2-3 with my index/pointing finger. I only do this in the not so common situation where there's a 1-2-3-4+ chord. For a normal 1-2-3 + I'd use my thumb, index, and middle finger respectively and my ring and/or pinky for any other button, but for some reason I can't get it in my head to use my ring finger for 4, hence the use of the joint.

And honestly there's nothing wrong with using your joints to play really (other than down the road you might develop joint problems, which I'm not even sure is true since I really don't have any other prior cases to go off of, just assumptions). I like using my finger tips though whenever possible because I can time better with it and it feels more natural to me.

Also yeah I technically do have a one handed account (RhBong, and conversely LhBong for my other hand) but I rarely update it, especially because I rarely play anymore because I can never really find the time to. Wow...lol I only have like 10 songs on that account...and man thats old. I've AAA'd Wonder Bullfighter one handed compared to the 81% I have on the account.

I do have other one handed scores if you like sunslik, also have a moderate amount of vids on youtube of me playing one handed, just search therealbong.

--------------------
The names Bong, James Bong.

<me and friends after watching the new Batman movie>
"Either you die a slut, or you live long enough to find yourself a single mother."

+Quote Post
THE SHINING POLA...
post Mar 29 2009, 11:52 AM
Post #45

The Beauty of Silence

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (therealbong @ Mar 26 2009, 04:31 PM) *
Also yeah I technically do have a one handed account (RhBong, and conversely LhBong for my other hand) but I rarely update it, especially because I rarely play anymore because I can never really find the time to. Wow...lol I only have like 10 songs on that account...and man thats old. I've AAA'd Wonder Bullfighter one handed compared to the 81% I have on the account.

I do have other one handed scores if you like sunslik, also have a moderate amount of vids on youtube of me playing one handed, just search therealbong.

Thanks therealbong, your Lh and RhBong accounts aren't much of a challenge since they're outdated, and your real scores are probably better than mine now anyway since I haven't cleared a legit 12 with 1 hand yet except on a keyboard.

I've seen your yt vids, cheating quasar etc ;p You should make a 1h vid of setsugekka [a].

This post has been edited by ♦sunsilk♦: Mar 29 2009, 12:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
THE SHINING POLA...
post Sep 2 2009, 07:23 AM
Post #46

The Beauty of Silence

DJ Battle This User

how to hard-clear rage against usual [A] one-handed!! how does he do the fast double-scales part? WOW, lol.

Also, I'd like to share what I've noticed that he uses his pinky on 6 and 7... is this the secret to clearing songs like kamikaze[a]/pollinosis[a] 1h?

This post has been edited by THE SHINING POLARIS: Sep 2 2009, 07:24 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elphaba
post Sep 2 2009, 07:35 AM
Post #47

Everyone Is Epic Winnocent

QUOTE (THE SHINING POLARIS @ Sep 2 2009, 07:23 AM) *
Also, I'd like to share what I've noticed that he uses his pinky on 6 and 7... is this the secret to clearing songs like kamikaze[a]/pollinosis[a] 1h?

no I believe the secret is to not use your thumb and forget your camera

--------------------
LeonMoongooner3: hi
Kryssstal: hi huh
LeonMoongooner3: is this thee krysstal?
Kryssstal: uh huh
LeonMoongooner3: youre a straight legend girl
Kryssstal: but i'm bi

+Quote Post
THE SHINING POLA...
post Sep 2 2009, 07:41 AM
Post #48

The Beauty of Silence

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Marlie Tang @ Sep 2 2009, 10:35 PM) *
no I believe the secret is to not use your thumb and forget your camera

only zombies can do that.

edit: and schala

This post has been edited by THE SHINING POLARIS: Sep 2 2009, 08:21 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Sep 2 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #49

they keep referring to me as that

QUOTE (THE SHINING POLARIS @ Sep 2 2009, 05:41 AM) *
only zombies can do that.

edit: and

newfaggery fixed

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
Elphaba
post Sep 2 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #50

Everyone Is Epic Winnocent

pollinosis

ok so i'll admit i was kinda stupid with the last comment. The note flares seemed faster but i didnt really pay much attention to the other parts of the screen...secondly i was referring to being able to DO THIS normal speed and then speeding it up to roughly +4 on an editing program...doing this +4 legit is crazy (i didn't see him go into the song select screen or anything).

Yes i said something retarded

Yes i am tired

Nicos not that bad he just says stupid stuff on youtube all the time

--------------------
LeonMoongooner3: hi
Kryssstal: hi huh
LeonMoongooner3: is this thee krysstal?
Kryssstal: uh huh
LeonMoongooner3: youre a straight legend girl
Kryssstal: but i'm bi

+Quote Post
over there
post May 1 2011, 12:17 AM
Post #51

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

go play mars matrix

+Quote Post
nicky six
post May 1 2011, 11:29 AM
Post #52

Banned Routine

Crush USKOC's in half like a twig

+Quote Post
nicky six
post May 4 2011, 10:52 AM
Post #53

Banned Routine

Hmm I've never heard of DJ Z.SWF before, there are so many top level one-hand players out there...

and haha, look at tairyu's score he's rivalling, like a mid-AAA on a 12 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUc8CGk-SYY

+Quote Post
nicky six
post May 5 2011, 08:26 AM
Post #54

Banned Routine

Too bad the framerate wasn't better, but here he is doing a 1+5+6 chord with thumb+pinky+ring.

Only problem is, you can't do 5+6+7 chords like that, ughh... it's the most annoying thing in 1h play.

That V2 fingering movie was boring, I'm still waiting to see tairyu play pollinosis.

This post has been edited by nicky six: May 5 2011, 08:36 AM

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post May 5 2011, 10:46 AM
Post #55

they keep referring to me as that

just so everyone knows this is the funniest thing i've ever seen

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME