IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The "Hey Check It Out I'm A Dumbass" Thread, Are you one too?
gtc
post Mar 8 2005, 01:54 AM
Post #1

Dazzlin' Darlin

I've got a few stories that might make you giggle.

The first comes after I hear that Random+ is available in 8th Style. So I put Random on and play for a few hours, and even AAA some cool stuff like I Feel... (yeah, I know). So I get up to grab a drink and see 8th Style sitting on my desk. wtf? I exited out to the title screen and yeah, I was playing 7th.

The next one came tonight. I really haven't played IIDX for the past two weeks or so (aside from the occasional game) due to personal reasons, and I finally got a copy of 8th Style back (since I gave mine away, knowing that my brother had the image on his HDD). So I'm playing, getting some swank AAAs, and wondering why I'm getting weird results screens instead of "AAA TEH BEZTZORZLOL". Asked Taren about it.

X12x300X: That's on 7th.
Rogue Mirror: Oh . . .

Yeah, so once again I confused the two.

The last one came just five minutes ago. I played era(step mix) L7 so I could have a AAA to match the one on (nostal mix). I played it, nailed the hell out of it (192K+), and put the score in. Ranked 297 out of 297 WTF. How can so many people do so well on a song??? I looked at the song view and scrolled all the way to the bottom . . . . . . . . . . I had autoscratch on. The old score was back from BEFORE I owned a KOC, when I was using a Pelican arcade joystick to play IIDX. So uncheck that and I have a nice pair of era AAAs that are both bolded (97%, one is top10 wtf).

Yeah, share your asshattery with us in this thread so we all may laugh and come together in merriment and mirth . . . and stuff.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HYPER BOUNDARY G...
post Mar 8 2005, 09:18 AM
Post #2

Egyptian Nomad

Haha, I was just going to make a topic like this to share a tale of stupidity.

I've been dabbling in Double play for a few weeks since my 2nd controller arrived but it's taken quite a while to get used to the finger positions, so I never really worried about scoring until I got the hang of that. So finally, yesterday I noticed that on chords that spread across both controllers, I kept getting JGs on one side and Greats on the other. This also happened a lot on songs with patterns I already knew well from L7...Greats on one side, Just Greats on the other.

It wasn't until just this morning that I realized that I'd done the cardboard circles mod to the first controller but not to the second...I'd sort of forgotten about it because I only put one circle on each key so there's not really a significant tactile difference. I've always been meaning to go back and try three like a lot of people seem to recommend. But anyway, of course if I hit keys on both controllers at the same time, the modded one is going to be just a hair early by comparison. You can bet as soon as I have the spare time and the boredom to cut up a ton of circles, I'm going and evening the two out.

Cute stories, by the way. tongue.gif

--------------------
"Do not mistake me for an ordinary man...

Even though I am, in fact, just an ordinary man."

~Earthbound Zero

+Quote Post
gtc
post Mar 8 2005, 12:26 PM
Post #3

Dazzlin' Darlin

Yeah sounds like something I'd do.

Taren, you should post those pics of my controller after it got dumped in the mud and snow.

That was tragic. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Oogami
post Mar 8 2005, 04:56 PM
Post #4

Candy Galy

I left my 10th Style entry card with my Innocent Walls pass in an arcade one day. Went back the next and it was gone (of course).

That was gay.

--------------------

More people should contribute scores to RetroFuture :>

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 8 2005, 06:43 PM
Post #5

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I've had several times when I've been playing L7 on 3rd with the game set to Expert, gone back to the song selection, gone back into the song forgetting to press Select and choose L7, played the 7K without realising it, then put the 7K into the L7 boxes and gotten a really high grade on the preview thing. Then I realise what I did sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Mar 8 2005, 11:14 PM
Post #6

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

I want to see the pictures of the controller. ;_;

The dumbest thing I've done in my IIDX life... well a couple things. First off, on the release of 8th style I went to get it at 9AM... but the store didn't open until 10AM, and I had to stand in the rain for 1 hour. ;_; (then after that, I played 8th style until class started, and remembered that I forgot to eat breakfast and lunch... so I didn't get to eat food until 6 PM that day. X_X)

The other dumbass thing that I did... and do whenever I play IIDX for that matter... is when I get frustrated, I either throw my controller, or hit it with my hand... OR LATELY, the favorite has been cracking it over my knee. Well, I cracked it so the top black part totally cracked in half... and not only did it break all of the screws on the right side(not the turn table side)... but it also broke the little thing that pop's the keyboard part out. :DDDDD

One time I got frustrated with please don't go Another, cracked it over my leg... and my hands were sweaty, so it slipped out of my hands, and nailed me right in the left eye. If I didn't have my glasses on, my eye would probably be dead... because it was the corner of the controller that hit my face. So, instead, it just hit the outside of my eye socket, and it still hurts when I close my eye hard(this happened like 5 days ago). XD

Oh yeah, another stupid thing I have done with IIDX is spend about... hmmm... probably close to 300 dollars of scholarship money on Posters, a wall scroll, and a speaker pop. X_X I still need a RED wall scroll too... and some fag outbid me on one by 250 yen. ;____________; I'm the biggest retard out of anyone.

--------------------
«air IIDX guitar - Your personal entertainer.»
QUOTE (cstarflare @ July 31st, 2007. 3:35:18)
CAN'T RUN FROM THAT, BABE

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 8 2005, 11:32 PM
Post #7

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Saiyajin @ Mar 9 2005, 12:14 AM)
One time I got frustrated with please don't go Another, cracked it over my leg... and my hands were sweaty, so it slipped out of my hands, and nailed me right in the left eye.  If I didn't have my glasses on, my eye would probably be dead...  because it was the corner of the controller that hit my face.  So, instead, it just hit the outside of my eye socket, and it still hurts when I close my eye hard(this happened like 5 days ago).  XD

I can totally see you as an eyepatch-wearing pirate.

*a faint, distorted voice and scratching sounds can be heard in the distance*

Captain Saiyajin: "YAAAAGH! IT'S PLEASE DON'T GO ANOTHER! IT'S COME FOR ME OTHER EYE!!!! ABOUT FACE, FULL SAIL!"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Mar 8 2005, 11:40 PM
Post #8

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

ARRR... THAT'S CAPTAIN JON SAILOR... I BE MAKIN YOU WALK THE PLANK FER CALLIN ME BY ME MIDDLE SCHOOL CREATED SCURVY NAME THAT I STILL HAVE FOR A REASON I BE NOT KNOWIN.

By the way, one time I made a really funny picture of me as a pirate.. for one of my IIDX AAA pics.. I wish I could find that...

I think that was it... But I have no eye-patch. :(

--------------------
«air IIDX guitar - Your personal entertainer.»
QUOTE (cstarflare @ July 31st, 2007. 3:35:18)
CAN'T RUN FROM THAT, BABE

+Quote Post
gtc
post Mar 9 2005, 12:09 AM
Post #9

Dazzlin' Darlin

Oh believe me, I took that thing apart and cleaned it for at least an hour.

+Quote Post
Songy
post Mar 9 2005, 12:31 AM
Post #10

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

I couldnt figure out why my gmd L7 score had an incorrect notecount.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Keen
post Mar 9 2005, 02:30 AM
Post #11

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(gtc @ Mar 9 2005, 01:09 AM)
*image snip*

Oh believe me, I took that thing apart and cleaned it for at least an hour.
Please tell me that's not urine.

+Quote Post
Frieza
post Mar 9 2005, 09:22 AM
Post #12

Rising in the Sun

Of course everyone uses urine to clean stuff!

+Quote Post
gtc
post Mar 9 2005, 01:51 PM
Post #13

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Keen)
Please tell me that's not urine.

QUOTE(gtc)
Taren, you should post those pics of my controller after it got dumped in the mud and snow.

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
gtc
post Apr 1 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #14

Dazzlin' Darlin

New funny story yay.

For awhile after the 12th Style news broke, I thought it was subtitled "HAPPY DAY" and was planning a funny photoshop. Even though I found out that I was wrong I still did the photoshop since I'm bored:

+Quote Post
Catastrophe
post Apr 2 2005, 02:57 AM
Post #15

Human Sequencer Wannabe

DJ Battle This User

Attached File  80th_doubles.jpg ( 4.81K ) Number of downloads: 132

I just got finished playing a long session of 9th (filling in blanks) and I decided to check my DJ ranking. I also decided to check doubles, since I want to start playing doubles soon. At TGA I've cleared a few 4's on L14 but I only have one controller at home.

Well, I'm not surprised that most people have little or no double scores entered. But I was kind of surprised to see my name at the bottom of the list, with 0 points no less.

Apparently, last year, I did this:
19/19 ALLEN
217 [18.14%] 72/73/220/39/212
Comment: This makes a good first entry wink.gif
Date: 2/18/04 04:19:02 PM

And now I remember: I bought a controller for someone else as a gift. (He was going to pay for it initially.) But before I gave it to him, I tested the controller on a L14 song. I guess you could say that it was a good controller. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Life is short. Don't YOLO too hard. :P

+Quote Post
Skyline
post Apr 2 2005, 05:51 AM
Post #16

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE(gtc @ Apr 1 2005, 08:06 PM)
New funny story yay.

For awhile after the 12th Style news broke, I thought it was subtitled "HAPPY DAY" and was planning a funny photoshop.  Even though I found out that I was wrong I still did the photoshop since I'm bored:

(FOTO)

lawl "Triple 'eyyyyyyyy..."

Anyways, the dumbest crap I've ever did was let my stepbrothers try to play, since they thought it looked fun. And I left them alone to do so.

They ended up fighting over the controller, because the word "share" isn't in their vocabulary.

Long story short, now the turntable is out of alignment, half of the screws are missing, and I had to fix some frayed wire on the controller cable, just next to the port. biggrin.gif

EDIT: Whenever I press the keys (4, 5, and 6 mostly) a little too hard, Key 7 activates. If I press Key 7 too hard, it either gets stuck or registers as multiple presses. I'm so gonna piss in their Froot Loops. mad.gif

+Quote Post
enojy
post Apr 4 2005, 01:27 PM
Post #17

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE(Oogami @ Mar 8 2005, 05:56 PM)
I left my 10th Style entry card with my Innocent Walls pass in an arcade one day.  Went back the next and it was gone (of course).

That was gay.

my local arcade upgraded their initial d to version 3 some time ago, and i went through the process of upgrading my two cars -- a shitty fd3s, and a great ae86 that i must've spent hundreds of dollars on. for those of you who are unfamiliar with initial d, it uses a card system to save your cars' data, similar to 10th style. you need to upgrade your car for one of two reasons: transferring it to a newer version of initial d, or every 100 plays. the machine gives you a new card and your old card, which is now invalid.

anyhow, to make a long story short, i thought i'd be a cool guy and leave my two invalid cards on top of the machine for all the other cool guys to see, and i put the two new cards back in my wallet. the next time i went in to play, i whip out the ae86 card and pop it in. "INVALID CARD!" as it turns out, i left my NEW ae86 card on top of the machine. i started flipping out. the first thing i did was hop up to look at the top of the machine, and my card was still there! funny enough, the fd3s card was gone, but i didn't really care about that one. i can only assume that someone(s) was friendly enough to leave it there.

another one; i just spilt milk on my iidx controller this morning, but it just splashed onto the turntable a little bit.

+Quote Post
GigaClon
post Apr 20 2005, 10:22 AM
Post #18

Dazzlin' Darlin

several times I have tried to enter scores in VJArmy and they wouldn't go in, until I discovered i was in 7Keys and not Light7

--------------------
Just a IIDX Lovin' Hokie :)
Don't know what a Hokie is?
Shame on you:)

From game faqs:
Some of the more difficult tracks end up looking like pulsating SCAN-TRONs on crack.
an orgy of descending minuses.

+Quote Post
HYPER BOUNDARY G...
post Apr 20 2005, 10:31 AM
Post #19

Egyptian Nomad

QUOTE(GigaClon @ Apr 20 2005, 12:22 PM)
several times I have tried to enter scores in VJArmy and they wouldn't go in, until I discovered i was in 7Keys and not Light7

I'm pretty sure I did this several times with the songs on 3rd that don't have L7 charts, after a few runthroughs of L7 Arcade mode. tongue.gif

Except of course I was trying to enter 7k scores in L7 song session, instead of the other way around.

--------------------
"Do not mistake me for an ordinary man...

Even though I am, in fact, just an ordinary man."

~Earthbound Zero

+Quote Post
IIDXSetzer
post Apr 22 2005, 08:46 PM
Post #20

Evergreen

Most dumbass thing I've ever done is let middle school kids play IIDX. Beginner Mode, fine. They play for a while, then before leaving, TURN OFF THE FUCKING PS2 WHILE IT SAVED. I lost all my 8th Style data. sleep.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2019 - 11:02 PM