IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 95000+ on all 9-line in 8th
aechris
post Sep 28 2004, 12:54 PM
Post #1

Dazzlin' Darlin

See topic I guess, not much else I can say about it.

Oh! Except for the song that gave me the most trouble was Miami Salsa! How retarded is that fucking song? Next in line were Special Ending 2 and Power Folk 4.

[edit] It has been brought to my attention that this isn't as good as it sounds because I use a small controller, so never mind. sad.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
matt4596
post Sep 28 2004, 04:03 PM
Post #2

Dazzlin' Darlin

i've still got 4 that are under 95k. sad.gif

special ending 2 was easy for me.. my 4 are groove rock live, miracle, tropical, and of course miami salsa.

edit: did them all but groove rock live. SO HARD TO TIME.

--------------------
If your controller doesn't fall to the ground, you're not playing pyramid ex right.

+Quote Post
Kythlyn
post Sep 28 2004, 05:05 PM
Post #3

Rising in the Sun

Geez, right now I have like 20 songs under 95k in 8 9-line. I'll have to go back and try to fix that when I finish unlocking everything in Pop'n 9 some time next century...

--------------------
"If you smile at me, I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language." -CSN

+Quote Post
Jasconius
post Sep 28 2004, 07:38 PM
Post #4

Evergreen

QUOTE (aechris @ Sep 28 2004, 11:54 AM)
See topic I guess, not much else I can say about it.

Oh! Except for the song that gave me the most trouble was Miami Salsa! How retarded is that fucking song? Next in line were Special Ending 2 and Power Folk 4.

[edit] It has been brought to my attention that this isn't as good as it sounds because I use a small controller, so never mind. sad.gif

It's not like the small controller is easier. Especially for 9-line. tongue.gif

I find the ASC easier for the most part. sleep.gif

+Quote Post
Kythlyn
post Sep 28 2004, 07:53 PM
Post #5

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE (Jasconius @ Sep 28 2004, 07:38 PM)
It's not like the small controller is easier.  Especially for 9-line. tongue.gif

I find the ASC easier for the most part. sleep.gif

Really? When I switched from a small controller to a Ransai I went from clearing 34s down to 28s. I'd say the small controller makes the game quite a bit easier... I was having this conversation earlier actually. happy.gif; The main reason being you can almost reach from left white to right white with one hand on a small controller but can't even comfortably reach from white to red on an ASC. Although the small controller does have one disadvantage in the sensetivity of the keys. That causes a lot of excess bads.

--------------------
"If you smile at me, I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language." -CSN

+Quote Post
rmz
post Sep 28 2004, 08:24 PM
Post #6

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Kythlyn @ Sep 28 2004, 05:53 PM)
Really? When I switched from a small controller to a Ransai I went from clearing 34s down to 28s. I'd say the small controller makes the game quite a bit easier... I was having this conversation earlier actually. happy.gif; The main reason being you can almost reach from left white to right white with one hand on a small controller but can't even comfortably reach from white to red on an ASC. Although the small controller does have one disadvantage in the sensetivity of the keys. That causes a lot of excess bads.

When you get higher-level songs (38+, I would say), I think that the ASC makes things easier. Trying to hit the sheer number of notes that some of the higher-level songs have on such a cramped controller is practically impossible, in my opinion.

On my small controller, I couldn't clear Ninja Hero EX. When I got my ASC shortly thereafter, I cleared it relatively easily from the get-go.

+Quote Post
Kythlyn
post Sep 28 2004, 10:08 PM
Post #7

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE (rmz @ Sep 28 2004, 08:24 PM)
On my small controller, I couldn't clear Ninja Hero EX.  When I got my ASC shortly thereafter, I cleared it relatively easily from the get-go.

Wow, that's bizzare to me... I guess it just depends on what you originally learned how to play on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Random
post Sep 30 2004, 12:29 AM
Post #8

Dazzlin' Darlin

FUN THING TO TRY

one-hand pop'n on a midget controller.

I've been playing a lot of fliptop 6 lately. I can clear Trance Hyper with one hand. happy.gif

+Quote Post
catchyphraseowen
post Nov 4 2004, 12:44 AM
Post #9

Dazzlin' Darlin

Sorry to bump this, but how the hell can anyone get a 95K on Powerfolk 4? Any tips on this?

+Quote Post
aechris
post Nov 4 2004, 06:21 AM
Post #10

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE (catchyphraseowen @ Nov 4 2004, 12:44 AM)
Sorry to bump this, but how the hell can anyone get a 95K on Powerfolk 4? Any tips on this?

Although this advice probably won't help too much, for this one I needed to focus less on visual timing and just kind of feeling the song out for how it sounds.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Random
post Nov 8 2004, 07:40 PM
Post #11

Dazzlin' Darlin

Yeah, on Powerfolk4, listen to the song a few times. The timing's a little difficult cause it was on 5 first, but it's not too bad.

+Quote Post
catchyphraseowen
post Nov 9 2004, 11:40 PM
Post #12

Dazzlin' Darlin

I'd S-Random it if I could, since I honestly can't figure that song out for the life of me. Which really sucks, too, since there's honestly no other 9-Lines on 8 that give me any problems...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2018 - 11:35 PM