IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SSSSFxTSFxT, Solid State Squad Street Fighter x Tekken Super Fighting xtreme Thread
Deets
post Oct 22 2011, 12:00 AM
Post #41

all jew (about damaging it)

I still cannot make sense of this image will someone explain it to me
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Oct 22 2011, 12:34 AM
Post #42

I♥prat fall

the picture is hinting toward adding random items and explosions like brawl does

--------------------
[21:17:43] <+Jadin> sry I fell asleep making spaghetti

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Oct 22 2011, 02:08 AM
Post #43

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

Maybe there will be an instant throw escape gem that is broken, and used by everyone. Still can't figure out the last part.

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Oct 22 2011, 02:08 AM
Post #44

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

Tripping confirmed for SFxT

--------------------
QUOTE (IIDX Clock @ Jan 31 2009, 08:21 AM) *
actually, Japan has REALLY high technology.

heck they even have predecessors to HD already

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Oct 22 2011, 02:11 AM
Post #45

I♥prat fall

I think they're trying to say that if there's a few ryus in the top 8 of a tournament, they might be very different ryus or something

or maybe there's a gem that gives you extra time to throw escape, or gives opponent less time to throw escape

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deets
post Oct 22 2011, 10:40 AM
Post #46

QUOTE (Jadin @ Oct 22 2011, 01:11 AM) *
or maybe there's a gem that gives you extra time to throw escape, or gives opponent less time to throw escape

Okay but why is "throw escape" a "frequent problem with fighting games"?

Why are mirror matches? Why is being good?1!!

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Oct 22 2011, 11:42 AM
Post #47

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

Well, mirror matches in Street Fighter are usually pretty boring. Especially with charge characters. (though you don't see that often...)

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
Deets
post Oct 22 2011, 01:46 PM
Post #48

Wild ride just stop okay please

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Oct 22 2011, 03:51 PM
Post #49

I♥prat fall

oh the frequent problem thing lol
yeah idk
dhalsim mirror matches are TERRIBLE in ssf4 but I don't mind with other chars :>

--------------------

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Oct 22 2011, 06:58 PM
Post #50

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Jadin @ Oct 22 2011, 01:51 PM) *
oh the frequent problem thing lol
yeah idk
dhalsim mirror matches are TERRIBLE in ssf4 but I don't mind with other chars :>

You haven't played the Honda mirror.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eggman of the St...
post Oct 22 2011, 07:18 PM
Post #51

Lost Odyssey Defense Squad

DJ Battle This User

I think I'd rather wait until we have a full list of gems before calling the game completely broken. I mean obviously people will find combinations that are ridiculous but we'll see what the activation methods are. I would have liked a ratio system for them. Use 1 level 3 gems or 3 level 1's, that sort of thing.

DLC gems and preorder gems are hilarious though.

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Oct 22 2011, 09:49 PM
Post #52

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Deets @ Oct 22 2011, 02:46 PM) *
Wild ride just stop okay please

After you.

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
Deets
post Oct 23 2011, 12:57 AM
Post #53

After you

I wager that A) I am investing way less time in this than you and cool.gif enjoying it way more so I'm pretty sure the odds are on my side

I don't think the problem is that this looks broken, Eggman, so much as it looks like a nightmare for tournament organizers, with the supposed positive being... I dunno, man. There's supposedly a gem that autoblocks for you at the expense of a meter. Why wouldn't you use that? I'll reserve judgement for when it's out, but eeaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Oct 23 2011, 01:06 AM
Post #54

I♥prat fall

yeah I don't see how they'd incorporate DLC gems into a tournament or why they exist in the first place. especially when I can imagine people are prolly paying $5 or w/e for like three lines of code to increase throw damage that's represented by a lil gem picture idgi at all

--------------------

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Oct 23 2011, 02:27 AM
Post #55

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

I don't know what 'this' refers to.

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
BBH
post Oct 23 2011, 02:46 AM
Post #56

Beginning of Life (THE GROUND PULSE MIX)

DJ Battle This User

The funny thing about that picture is that most mirror matches are retarded to play but Ryu mirrors tend to actually be pretty interesting... at least in something like ST anyway, SF4 is dumb obviously

Still baffled as to what the throw escape thing is about though. They should just get rid of crouch tech if throw techs are such a problem but that has nothing to do with gems sooooo I dunno

And the other funny thing about all this is that although the gem system will lead to a lot of experimentation early on, you know that down the line there's going to be one universally agreed upon "best" gem combination for that character that everyone will use unless they're running some dumb gimmick. Of course that's just assuming the game has any sort of lifespan in the first place lmfao

--------------------
BBH's Waste of Bandwidth - shitty reviews of obscure arcade games

+Quote Post
Josh the Funkdoc
post Oct 23 2011, 09:38 AM
Post #57

Dazzlin' Darlin

nah ryu mirrors in sf4 were still pretty cool when it was valle or choi vs. daigo

also i have never seen a good explanation on why gems are worse than vanilla mvc3 xfactor, considering i haven't seen any gems that give +120% damage and +30% speed and no chip damage and red life healing. i'm not criticizing anyone, just find it interesting that this happens to be the gimmick that finally makes fans mad when they were perfectly fine with the obnoxious shit before this.

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Oct 23 2011, 11:13 AM
Post #58

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

Charging players for game mechanics is essentially where I draw the line. Individual characters being DLC doesn't bother me, but a mechanic inherent to every character in the game? That's ridiculous. Yeah, yeah, they haven't "confirmed" DLC gems, but, uh, they're coming, for damn sure. And you can bet they're far better than the "starter" pack that will come with the game, or most (if not all) of the pre-order gems (that idea is almost as bad as DLC gems). It would be like Level 3 X-factor being DLC - so if you don't pay $5, you only have up to Level 2.

But I don't even like gems as a mechanic, anyway. X-factor, while having varying levels of effects for every character, is inherent to every character/team in the game - yes, you can bitch about getting blown up by x-factor, but you always have exactly the same option (and they're fixing the MASSIVE boosts, for the most part, in UMVC3, from what I can tell). Your opponent always knows what you can do, and you always know what your opponent can do. Now, that doesn't mean I don't like surprises, but changing the very mechanics of the game via some equippable gems and completely changing how you and your opponent has to play already sounds frustrating, when your opponent could have some gem that you haven't equipped. Or maybe your opponent is using some "best" set of gems that is clearly unbalanced (and it's going to happen), to the point where anyone who plays that character needs to play those gems to be competitive. Then what's the point of having hundreds of options in the first place? Why waste the time on the character select screen for people to sort through hundreds of gems and find the exact 10 that they need for their team, just for everyone to use the same gems every time? Why not just make those gems a part of how every character is played?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deets
post Oct 23 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #59

QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Oct 23 2011, 10:13 AM) *
Or maybe your opponent is using some "best" set of gems that is clearly unbalanced (and it's going to happen), to the point where anyone who plays that character needs to play those gems to be competitive. Then what's the point of having hundreds of options in the first place? Why waste the time on the character select screen for people to sort through hundreds of gems and find the exact 10 that they need for their team, just for everyone to use the same gems every time? Why not just make those gems a part of how every character is played?

This is exactly what's going to happen.

3 Super Arts! 2 Ultra Combos! 100+ gems! 1 choice that is obviously the best!

+Quote Post
Pidgey
post Oct 23 2011, 02:13 PM
Post #60

The Shadow

This game is a waste of everyone's time and anyone who thinks otherwise is blind.

Surprised by how fast I stoped caring about it.

--------------------

Don't get near me

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2018 - 04:05 AM