Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

38 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> World of Warcraft Thread
Brazoliange
post Mar 17 2009, 05:25 AM
Post #21

Candy Galy

so hit 80 and ran every WotLK heroic yesterday to gear up, then ran Naxx10 tonight. Had KT at 2mil hp when the server went down :< 2 wipes first run OTing on a pug isn't bad though

--------------------
http://vjarmy.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3967
Help bring IIDX GOLD to Dave & Busters locations around the US!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Mar 17 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #22

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

You have a lot of time on your hands. >_>

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 17 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #23

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Yeah, I get tired of dungeons after 2 runs, I can't imagine doing 10+ in one day.

I can solo for hours on end, but that's because I can watch TV or something while I do it. Unless you're really overgeared or being carried through, you can't really do that with heroics or raids.

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Mar 17 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #24

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 17 2009, 09:46 AM) *
I can solo for hours on end, but that's because I can watch TV or something while I do it. Unless you're really overgeared or being carried through, you can't really do that with heroics or raids.

Even soloing has started to grate on me. I found that in Warhammer and WotLK I got tired of quest grinding the 2nd or 3rd time I found myself having to return to the same damned person only to be sent out to the same area I was just at and kill something different
I partially blame Phantasy Star Universe where the combat isn't as mindless and repetitive. Just everything else in that game was mindless and repetitive.. but the combat.. that was fun

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
UKNaruto
post Mar 18 2009, 01:17 AM
Post #25

Tranoid

Did Military and Plague quarters again in Naxx 25 with my guild. Doing the other two quarter's and Kel tomorrow to gear people up for Ulduar. I assume we at least have three weeks or so left which is nice. I also won my Tier 7.5 shoulder today for an unreal low 10 DKP (for those who don't know what DKP is basically nobody else wanted them), so I am 3/5 tier 7.5 and 1/5 tier 7. Hopefully getting my helm tomorrow hwich would put me at full tier and one piece away from full valorous.

I want to see if we can squeeze in some 10 man Maly runs this week so I can get my freaking Hailstorms, but people are lazy when it comes to Maly so I doubt it. It would be my total dream to dual wield those things though, easily the coolest looking weapon dual wielded in the game.

Also, What class/race/spec are you Braz? Also, don't do 10 man Naxx, it's kind of a waste of time :X Just do a bunch of Heroic pugs and start recruiting for guilds once you get geared.

--------------------
NOBODY IS EVER GOING TO AAA ALGALON THE OBSERVER

+Quote Post
Brazoliange
post Mar 18 2009, 02:50 AM
Post #26

Candy Galy

already happy with my guild but they aren't that huge (member-wise) on endgame content, though most of the ones who are are pretty good players.

I don't know the staff I got out of naxx10 yesterday was decent. can at least finish up a few tier-7 items pretty easily and get strategy for the heroic down. 5 items left to grab out of heroics (2 from OK, 2 from GD, 1 from HoL) and I'm fully geared through those with a bit of naxx 10 gear (3-4 items). still need to replace some stuff badly though.

got tailoring to 415 tonight, 35 levels to go haha. also did 10 and 25-man vault and 10-man os. fun. 19 emblems for my t7 chest.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.x...mp;n=Stillwater

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Mar 18 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #27

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (UKNaruto @ Mar 18 2009, 12:17 AM) *
Also, don't do 10 man Naxx, it's kind of a waste of time :X Just do a bunch of Heroic pugs and start recruiting for guilds once you get geared.

This is pretty bad advice. Unless you're looking only for badges, the gear in Naxx is simply much better than most heroic gear. Also not everyone is in a guild who has the ability to run Naxx 25 regularly, and I'm certainly not jumping guilds just to run it.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 18 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #28

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

I agree on principle; jumping into Naxx 25 in 5-man heroic gear seems a bit like you're telling your guild that you expect to be carried through and geared up through no effort of your own. Unless you're sure that your target guild has no problem with doing that, you may find it worthwhile to at least get a handful of pieces of gear from Naxx 10 first.

In my experience, the people who have joined our guild who expect to be geared up without putting in any real personal effort are the biggest dead-weight and usually don't last very long.

+Quote Post
PkerUNO
post Mar 19 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #29

Tenor Hamster

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I just joined the Bemani GETIT characters club... And I have to say that the Death Knight starting quests are pretty damn awesome. They're great lorewise and some of them are downright disturbing.

Also, yesterday I was jumping up and down for joy for several minutes when this dropped...

Just out of curiosity, what kind of guilds are you all in? Casual/Casual Raiding/Hardcore what have you? Mine's very casual, and although they've been very good to be up till now, I really want to try out 25-mans and "hard-mode" achievements... and as of late we're having trouble even getting enough people for Naxx-10. sad.gif

--------------------
PkerUNO

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 19 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #30

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (PkerUNO @ Mar 19 2009, 08:17 AM) *
Also, yesterday I was jumping up and down for joy for several minutes when this dropped...

Nice, haha, one of my friends has that. So awesome.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of guilds are you all in? Casual/Casual Raiding/Hardcore what have you?

Casual raiding; we take raiding seriously but we progress at our own pace, don't rush to beat other guilds just because, and aren't the kind of guild that would boot somebody just because they don't have epic gems in every slot or Berserking on both weapons. If someone seems to suck, we sit them down and identify ways they can improve, but we try to work with them on it. For achievements, we do whichever ones are easy to get (the Faerlina one for example), but don't really go out of our way trying to get relatively unconventional ones like the 4H one.

As far as progression we have cleared Naxx10/Naxx25, Maly10, and Sarth1D, working on Sarth2D now. Don't know about Maly25 since we haven't actually tried it yet.

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Mar 19 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #31

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

The guild I'm in is very similar to rmz's, we're just a little slower on progression. In terms of 10 man stuff, we just finished Malygos last night and we're doing Sarth 1D regularly now. We've done 2 wings on Naxx 25. Lately we've been not getting enough people to get 25 man stuff going so there hasn't been progress there while we're still doing well in 10 man, oh well.

+Quote Post
PkerUNO
post Mar 19 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #32

Tenor Hamster

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

See, we haven't managed to clear Naxx-10 yet. After hearing how easy everyone else says it is, it's kind of disheartening. We've had a few good players leave recently because of our poor performance, and I think that's really killed our morale. As one of the main tanks I feel I should be doing more to get the guild back on track, but at the same time I know even if we do miraculously clear Naxx tonight, we're still never going to do 25-mans or Sarth 2/3D, just because not enough of the raiders take it seriously enough to sign up. So yeah, if I left I'd only be adding to the guild's problems but then again altruism can only last so long, right?

--------------------
PkerUNO

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 19 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #33

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (PkerUNO @ Mar 19 2009, 09:06 AM) *
See, we haven't managed to clear Naxx-10 yet. After hearing how easy everyone else says it is, it's kind of disheartening.

Well...it's the same way raiding has always been. It's easy once you are sufficiently geared for it. A lot of the "lol Naxx is so easy" is coming from people who are overgeared for it. Of course, on a lot of servers, it's not uncommon to pug a Naxx-10 clear, so getting overgeared for it is not very hard, but if you're doing strictly guild-only runs then the fact that it can be pugged is kind of irrelevant.

Granted, the required gear level for Naxx-10 is much, much lower than it was for earlier raids (you had to be in almost full Heroic gear to get anywhere in Kara at TBC launch before they nerfed it), but you're still going to get stomped if you go in there and people are undergeared.

Are specific fights giving you problems, or is it just in general?

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Mar 19 2009, 01:00 PM
Post #34

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

If your raid members read up on the fights, it can be a TON easier. That and if you're having problems with them in Naxx, run them through heroics they need for better gear. Naxx 10 requires only heroic gear to get going.

TBC heroics needed Kara gear basically to run them, which sucked ass. They were way too hard, while the WotLK heroics are more accessable, making Naxx more accessable. Player skill plays a big part too though. For example, if you don't have anyone who can figure out how to kite Zombie Chow on Gluth, then you'll waste a TON of time there. Or keeping the group moving properly on poison clouds on Grobbulus. There are plenty of things that will trip you up if you don't know them well.

Tell your guild to watch tankspot videos for Naxx, they help a LOT.

+Quote Post
PkerUNO
post Mar 19 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #35

Tenor Hamster

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

We've cleared all the quarters, we just got owned by Sapphiron last time. Since then our RL moved to another guild, and we haven't been able to get enough people for a run since then (I'm trying to forget about the week we couldn't get past Maexxna).

Today after basically forcing people to sign for the raid, I co-led it with the GM and it went very smoothly - Spider and Plague wings down, 1st go on each boss - even though we had 3 new people in the raid, including the OT. DPS was very good, so was healing, and nobody complained about my tanking so I only hope everyone signs up for Monday's continuation run.

I'm sure the "dedicated" raiders in the guild know the strats and have watched all the videos that are up on our guild's website, it's the "casual" raiders who keep forgetting to install GEM and go off on PUGs a day before the guildrun I'm worried about. We need them because we don't have enough people otherwise...

I asked the GM if he'd consider setting up an alliance with another guild, maybe then we can do 25-mans. That would be truly awesome. smile.gif

But yeah, today's run was good, I even got my 3rd piece of T7. \o/

--------------------
PkerUNO

+Quote Post
typobox43
post Mar 19 2009, 11:30 PM
Post #36

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

Fairly serious raiding guild here - if I had to rate the "seriousness" from 1-10, I'd probably peg it at an 8. We definitely push to get things done, but we also don't ruthlessly cut people for simple mistakes or require people to go to absurd lengths. We tend to worry a lot more about results than making sure everyone is being perfect. Our schedule says 4 hour raids 4 nights a week, but we're obviously not using that right now - everything's cleared by 9:00 Wednesday night most weeks.

As for progression, cleared everything in the game on 10 and 25. I demand my cookie now. Still working on knocking out those last couple of 25-man achievements (Immortal and 6-minute Malygos).

PkerUNO: My suggestion would be to go ahead and start looking for another guild unless you're really attached to the people you're with now - and even then, consider it. Most casual guilds tend to be fairly understanding if someone decides that they want a more serious environment than the one they're getting. I was in a very tight guild of about 12-15 people before my current guild. We were actually taking 10-man raiding fairly seriously - we killed Malygos, at least, and were looking to start working on Sarth+drakes. However, I really wasn't comfortable with being stuck in a situation where I'd never see a 25-man raid, so I decided to start shopping around for a new home. Ultimately, my leaving (and my girlfriend's, who came with me) led to the collapse of the guild, as I was one of our only two healers. I knew it was likely to happen when I left, and everyone understood just fine. Most of the people from that guild have landed on their feet elsewhere - one more of them ended up following me to my new guild, a couple spread out to other guilds, and at least one more decided that she liked a more casual environment and retired to working on fishing achievements.

Basically what I'm saying here is to not worry too much about what will happen when you're gone. Especially in your current situation, it doesn't sound like you're getting a whole lot done as it is. Leaving can't make things much worse...

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Mar 19 2009, 11:59 PM
Post #37

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (PkerUNO @ Mar 19 2009, 07:21 PM) *
"casual" raiders who keep forgetting to install GEM and go off on PUGs a day before the guildrun

We solved these issues by doing the following:
- Use the blizzard calendar instead, it's simpler but gets the job done.
- You have to ask an officer before you go on a PUG raid.

+Quote Post
Brazoliange
post Mar 21 2009, 01:35 AM
Post #38

Candy Galy

cleared 25 naxx tonight in a pug (I hopped in to do construct quarter, sapph, and kt) and picked up my t7.5 shoulders and Cover of Silence. 3 t7 pieces short still :g hoping to pick up something finishing naxx10 with the guild tomorrow (gluth, thadd, sapph and kt left) and then 'finish up' the rest next week after everything unlocks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 21 2009, 02:13 PM
Post #39

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

You must be on a high-pop server if you can actually pug clear Naxx 25, haha. Here, you could pug Arachnid and Plague but not much beyond that.

+Quote Post
PkerUNO
post Mar 21 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #40

Tenor Hamster

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Grats on the new gear, and on the good PUG! My realm's pretty damn good for PUGs, you hardly ever hear about noobs anywhere. I've been tempted to go on a 25-man PUG, but the leaders always require "linking the achievement", plus I suppose tanks are meant to know the instance to perfection. :S

In any case, thanks for all the advice - I'll give it a week or two and see how it goes. Come Monday I will do everything to make sure we get our first guild clear of Naxx. smile.gif

--------------------
PkerUNO

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2018 - 11:35 AM