*NYAA
post Mar 13 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #2

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

I'm the lineage II guy, call me when flame occurs btns.gif

--------------------
Sound/kors k

The super director L.E.D., said "I like American-based resorts", and felt that there wasn't enough black music and told me to fix that.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 13 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #3

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (luppolo @ Mar 13 2009, 09:58 AM) *
I'm the lineage II guy

This is like going into a Pop'n Music thread and saying "I play IIDX not pop'n music".

grats

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Mar 13 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #4

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

To continue from the games thread...

QUOTE (Schlagwerk @ Mar 13 2009, 09:23 AM) *
And finally, I'll admit.. I've reactivated my WoW account.. I feel so dirty..
(looking over my gear, I didn't know I had that much stuff from Kara.. I must've ran it less than 10 times before the last time I quit. Also what happened to gem slots? Have they completely ignored the jewelcrafting profession now that it's "soooo last expansion"?)

They don't put gem slots in mid level gear because you're likely to replace it quickly and the cost of gems makes people pass on that gear until they approach and hit 80. Once you're doing level 80 quests and running heroics, you'll see lots of gear with slots on it. The frost resist sets for Sapphiron has a total of 7 slots over 3 pieces of gear, and tier 7 has lots of slots to use as well.

JC is probably one of the strongest professions in WoW now, mainly because of the prismatic gems you can make that are BoP and only buyable with JC-only daily quest reward tokens.

Take a look at my gear and you'll see a few +27 hit rating gems in there, those are JC only and you can have 3 max in your gear. The highest +hit gem you can get otherwise right now is +16.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.x...&n=Giudecca

I wish the hit cap wasn't so high. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Brazoliange
post Mar 13 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #5

Candy Galy

I hit 79 two days ago. Been grinding out a lot of achieves haha, maybe I'll go ahead and hit 80 today. 17 pets away from the 50 pets achieve and 8 more Gurubashi awards for the Gurubashi Arena Grand Master achieve :>

Also getting geared up, still so happy I went with feral early on.

--------------------
http://vjarmy.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3967
Help bring IIDX GOLD to Dave & Busters locations around the US!!!

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 13 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #6

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Brazoliange @ Mar 13 2009, 10:28 AM) *
17 pets away from the 50 pets achieve

I've been meaning to do this one since it's a lot less expensive (and easier) than the 50 Mounts achievement. I might at least do it on one of my characters.

My raiding character is currently a holy paladin but I'm kind of wanting to switch my main to my alt rogue that I'm leveling up. He won't be 80 for another month or so, though, so it'll be a little while for that. Mainly because I tanked in TBC and now I'm having to heal, which I don't find particularly fun so I'd rather DPS. Our guild has zero raiding rogues if you can believe that.

+Quote Post
sir nabsalot
post Mar 13 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #7

oh now I can do this

WoW Thread Separation Front, buncha bloody splitters!

--------------------
beep boop beep

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Mar 13 2009, 12:55 PM
Post #8

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 13 2009, 10:34 AM) *
Our guild has zero raiding rogues if you can believe that.

Man, how the game has changed! Ah, memories of our MC days and having to turn away Rogues by the truckload

I wish I still had all the pets and mounts I had pre-BC. I used to collect 'em.. like pimp hats. Logging back in to WotLK all I had left was a warg pup, silver tabby, and a tree frog (cue Snake Eater)

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Mar 13 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #9

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Schlagwerk @ Mar 13 2009, 10:55 AM) *
a tree frog (cue Snake Eater)

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEE

EAAAAAAATERRRRRRRRRR~~~~

Anyway, so damnit, this thread gives me a chance to mention my friend is trying to get me back into WoW. Like, really trying. Offered me to use his account when he's at work (since he's on the night shift and knows I'm job hunting all day anyway), and then realized I probably would want to use my own characters, so he offered to reactivate my account for me, so long as I used him as the referral (so that he'd get the 1 month free deal). I've got ENOUGH games to play right now as it is - and who knows if I could even afford the account after he activates it for me. But considering all of our other friends left Dark Iron a while ago (or stopped playing entirely), he has no one on the server that he even knows, so I guess he's desperately trying to get people back on there, unless he just decides to switch servers.

Question is, if I still plan on soloing a good portion of the time I'd be playing (it's looking more like when than if, if he's actually serious about paying for me), would the game be more worth playing now? I've heard there's been a lot of changes to make the game more solo-friendly, but I haven't exactly heard what or how. Keep in mind, I stopped playing two years ago, so...I'm sure there's plenty of changes since then.

--------------------
QUOTE (IIDX Clock @ Jan 31 2009, 08:21 AM) *
actually, Japan has REALLY high technology.

heck they even have predecessors to HD already

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Mar 13 2009, 01:51 PM
Post #10

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

The game has become MUCH more beginner friendly. You know the pace of leveling you were seeing in the first 20 levels? Well, expect that pace to now continue all the way to 60. They lowered the EXP required to level from 21-59 and increased the EXP rewards for quests up to level 60, really bringing up the leveling speed. I recently leveled an alt from 50-51 in about an hour and some. When Wrath came out, they lowered the EXP needed to level from 60-70 which helps make Outland faster.

Other changes include making almost all elites outside instances in Azeroth non-elite, meaning you can solo a lot of group quests and they STILL give the group exp amounts and rewards. Overall, you can solo the entire game now without fear, aside from missing good instance drops to level faster. Otherwise just look for quest chains that end with a blue quest reward to help you level fast.

Mounts can be bought now at level 30 and for a reduced cost. That helps a TON.

On a side note, we have one active level 80 rogue in our guild, and he never raids. All the other rogues went Death Knight or some other DPS class. It sucks.

I also can't wait for Dual Specs in 3.1...healers are so hard to come by these days!

EDIT: rmz your gear is totally hilarious...amazing naxx drops then LEVEL 70 GREEN WOOOOOOOOOO. So awesome.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 13 2009, 03:37 PM
Post #11

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Mazrim @ Mar 13 2009, 11:51 AM) *
EDIT: rmz your gear is totally hilarious...amazing naxx drops then LEVEL 70 GREEN WOOOOOOOOOO. So awesome.

LOL, yeah, more or less. It's 50% being unlucky with drops and 50% me not wanting to spend money for more paladin gear if I'm going to eventually switch characters.

+Quote Post
UKNaruto
post Mar 13 2009, 06:42 PM
Post #12

Tranoid

Been gearin' up for Ulduar!

I got my T 7.5 Gloves and Chest the other week along with my T 7.0 legs. I'm a Dual Wield Death Knight now, shit is awesome. I usually top DPS in raids unless there is a ridiculous Hunter or something which is nice!

This is my character, lol at the name right guys?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.x...all&n=Tatsh

--------------------
NOBODY IS EVER GOING TO AAA ALGALON THE OBSERVER

+Quote Post
typobox43
post Mar 13 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #13

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

Me...

Nice to know that we all went the same direction with our character names. (Other characters in my stable of low-level alts, since I can't level something else to 80 to save my life: Sasoribi, Kinjishi, Kamaitachi, Schlagwerk...) Just picked up my Plagued Proto-Drake (yay 310%) a couple nights ago. smile.gif Hoping to get the black one before 3.1 comes and it disappears, but I'm not too confident in my guild's ability to pick up Immortal right now. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Mar 13 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #14

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (typobox43 @ Mar 13 2009, 05:22 PM) *
Nice to know that we all went the same direction with our character names. (Other characters in my stable of low-level alts, since I can't level something else to 80 to save my life: Sasoribi, Kinjishi, Kamaitachi, Schlagwerk...) Just picked up my Plagued Proto-Drake (yay 310%) a couple nights ago. smile.gif Hoping to get the black one before 3.1 comes and it disappears, but I'm not too confident in my guild's ability to pick up Immortal right now. sad.gif

The only game where I used Bemani names was EVE Online. It was when GOLD was still new in the arcades and I named all my ships after appropriate songs from it

Maybe I'll do something similar with Jumpgate Evolution if they allow ship naming

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
UKNaruto
post Mar 15 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #15

Tranoid

QUOTE (typobox43 @ Mar 13 2009, 08:22 PM) *
Me...

Gahhh I hate you! I wish my guild was even capable of The Undying sad.gif

Oh well, I cleared 25 man Naxx tonight for the first time with my new guild (they farm it lol,) so I was excited!

What do you think was harder? You don't have an eternity or the undying?

Also, I made 4.8k gold yesterday and bought my epic flying skill and my epic flying mount! I then went and did like 30 quests in The Storm Peaks in about an hour and a half (instead of the eternity it would have taken with regular flying haha,) and got the achievement for 100 quests done there.

Today will be spent on maxing out First Aid, getting Grand Master in Cooking, and hopefully 225 in Fishing. Going for 25 Man Malygos tonight as well, after that all I need for my Champion of the Frozen Wastes title is HoL, HoS, and Occulus (which NOBODY ever does...)

--------------------

+Quote Post
typobox43
post Mar 15 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #16

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (UKNaruto @ Mar 15 2009, 04:18 PM) *
Gahhh I hate you! I wish my guild was even capable of The Undying sad.gif

Oh well, I cleared 25 man Naxx tonight for the first time with my new guild (they farm it lol,) so I was excited!

What do you think was harder? You don't have an eternity or the undying?

Also, I made 4.8k gold yesterday and bought my epic flying skill and my epic flying mount! I then went and did like 30 quests in The Storm Peaks in about an hour and a half (instead of the eternity it would have taken with regular flying haha,) and got the achievement for 100 quests done there.

Today will be spent on maxing out First Aid, getting Grand Master in Cooking, and hopefully 225 in Fishing. Going for 25 Man Malygos tonight as well, after that all I need for my Champion of the Frozen Wastes title is HoL, HoS, and Occulus (which NOBODY ever does...)

6-minute Malygos was far harder than Undying. Got Undying on the first run we were seriously trying (with an 8-man group, no less.) Malygos took 3+ hours of wiping, although I will say that we didn't exactly have an optimal group for it (lots of melee). The hardest achievement on 10-man Glory of the Raider is definitely 3-drake Sartharion, though.

+Quote Post
UKNaruto
post Mar 15 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #17

Tranoid

I guess that makes sense. All my guildies tell me that Sarth 3D is harder on 10 man, I guess because on 25 man someone can screw up since you have so many people, but if one DPS gets whacked or something it's a huge chunk out of your raid composition. Kind of how because though songs on Another have more notes than songs on Normal, if you miss one note on Another it's no big deal, but if you miss one on Normal it's a lot more out of your overall ex, even though it's easier.

Also, Missed my Malygos 25 man tonight due to traffic going back to College sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
typobox43
post Mar 16 2009, 02:33 AM
Post #18

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (UKNaruto @ Mar 15 2009, 10:57 PM) *
I guess that makes sense. All my guildies tell me that Sarth 3D is harder on 10 man, I guess because on 25 man someone can screw up since you have so many people, but if one DPS gets whacked or something it's a huge chunk out of your raid composition. Kind of how because though songs on Another have more notes than songs on Normal, if you miss one note on Another it's no big deal, but if you miss one on Normal it's a lot more out of your overall ex, even though it's easier.

Also, Missed my Malygos 25 man tonight due to traffic going back to College sad.gif

Actually, the bigger issue with it is simply not having enough people to do everything that needs to be done. The fight really isn't comfortable unless you bring 3 tanks and 3 healers, but by doing that you lose a ton of DPS on a fight that has a big DPS race element to it. So, you're left with the dilemma of what to drop (a tank or a healer), or just trying to brute-force it with the 3/3 setup. My guild did it with 3/3, but I don't believe that's really the most common way to go about it.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 16 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #19

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Well we finished Naxx 25 yesterday which is neat I guess and we would have finished it like a month ago if not for a couple fucking morons who don't know what "don't cross the charges" means

I continue to accumulate more gear on a character that I don't want to keep lol :<

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Mar 16 2009, 04:00 PM
Post #20

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I have guildies who have apparently forgotten what void zones do (hey, only like 5 bosses in TBC do them! >_>), and cause us to wipe repeatedly on Four Horseman. FUN!

+Quote Post

38 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2018 - 10:59 PM