Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Movie Thread
grayfox9996
post Aug 15 2008, 11:02 PM
Post #41

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(djplaeskool @ Aug 15 2008, 08:57 PM) *
Supposedly, they're supposed to look like painted wooden marionettes...why?

Because obviously they want to compete with the Team America demographic THE GEORGE LUCAS WAY™

--------------------
QUOTE (IIDX Clock @ Jan 31 2009, 08:21 AM) *
actually, Japan has REALLY high technology.

heck they even have predecessors to HD already
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
djplaeskool
post Aug 15 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #42

Wolf in a box

DJ Battle This User

--------------------
Now Playing:
miqo'te montessori / SHARLAYAN DISCO / Lominsa区 / SP☆3 5 8 / DP☆5 8 10
Emergency Code Aibou / ARKZ TECHNO / The Oracle Fleet / SP☆7 10 12 / DP☆8 11 12
Foliage Ocean / CELCETA-STEP / DJs from Ys / SP☆6 9 10 / DP☆7 10 12

+Quote Post
jiano
post Aug 16 2008, 04:38 AM
Post #43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FL_Vq4-t3M

QUOTE(Deoxysapple @ Aug 15 2008, 05:14 PM) *
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7562557.stm

"...Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince... pushed back... to July 2009."

sad.gif

It better freaking own when it's out.

HP TWG IX

Who will kill Dumbledore

Let's see

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Aug 16 2008, 11:39 AM
Post #44

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(HIGHWAY61 @ Aug 16 2008, 02:38 AM) *
HP TWG IX

Who will kill Dumbledore

Let's see

Harry, shirt, ripped, gay sex, etc

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
Toph
post Aug 16 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #45

No Mayoi No Life

From: *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*

Thye

--------------------
溶け出せばどんくらいの世界が spread out?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1172326

+Quote Post
Toph
post Aug 17 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #46

No Mayoi No Life

I know I'm late to the party, but THE DARK KNIGHT is top tier. Way top tier. Maybe broken tier.

I went to see it like 3 weeks after it came out, at 10:30 PM (last show of the day), and the theater was full of people. I guess that goes to show how god damn good that movie is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
therealbong
post Aug 17 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #47

Tranoid

QUOTE(HIGHWAY61 @ Aug 16 2008, 04:38 AM) *
HP TWG IX

Who will kill Dumbledore

Let's see

Snape, with the wand.....ummmm in the castle
*checks the 3 clue cards* I WIN!

--------------------
The names Bong, James Bong.

<me and friends after watching the new Batman movie>
"Either you die a slut, or you live long enough to find yourself a single mother."

+Quote Post
Deets
post Aug 17 2008, 06:28 PM
Post #48

all jew (about damaging it)

Major surprise: Tropic Thunder is a pretty fucking hilarious movie. I wasn't expecting much from a Ben Stiller vehicle, but I was amused and bemused the whole way through.

+Quote Post
Toph
post Aug 17 2008, 07:36 PM
Post #49

No Mayoi No Life

QUOTE(Deets @ Aug 17 2008, 01:28 PM) *
Major surprise: Tropic Thunder is a pretty fucking hilarious movie. I wasn't expecting much from a Ben Stiller vehicle, but I was amused and bemused the whole way through.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tropical Pallete
post Aug 18 2008, 02:26 AM
Post #50

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

I was actually curious about that movie and wondered if it was any good. Glad to hear it doesn't suck.

I've actually seen a whole bunch of movies this summer, which is very unusual for me: WALL-E, The Dark Knight, Hancock, Pineapple Express, Kung Fu Panda, Iron Man, and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. And with the exception of the last one, I enjoyed each of them, and even saw some of them twice.

--------------------
QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 19 2010, 02:30 PM) *
2 steps to naming a yoshitaka song

1. Turn on capslock
2. Roll face across keyboard

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Aug 18 2008, 08:12 AM
Post #51

Banned Routine

fuck yeah dude kung fu panda

--------------------
I respond so fast I might break the prison glass.
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
QUOTE (_ηρα @ Jul 13 2008, 05:15 AM) *
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
Tropical Pallete
post Aug 18 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #52

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Kung Fu Panda was a really big surprise for me, as I genuinely don't care about most Dreamworks animated films, as well as most CG films in general. I find it more enjoyable than some of Pixar's more recent films! I liked the lack of a love story, musical numbers, or pop culture references that so many other animated films these days seem to stuff themselves full of for 90 minutes. I hear they're making more of them, and if they're as good as the original then I'll be pleased.

--------------------
QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 19 2010, 02:30 PM) *
2 steps to naming a yoshitaka song

1. Turn on capslock
2. Roll face across keyboard

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Aug 31 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #53

Banned Routine

Andrei Rublev is really great on many more levels than I think I can understand. Certainly the most difficult film I've seen in a long while, perhaps ever. The epilouge seemed a bit much, but the final shot almost made me cry.

Russian seems more and more like such a pretty language, the more Tarkovsky that I watch.

--------------------
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
stsung
post Sep 1 2008, 04:24 AM
Post #54

Dazzlin' Darlin

what do you find so cool about wall-e? ok, I went finally to the cinema to see this movie and I regret paying for it.

well, it does not have logic, is way too much exaggerated...I just couldn't enjoy something like that. that's my opinion, might be just a question of taste. but still what is the thing that made you enjoy the movie? quite interested in this, because everyone says it's so cool, etc etc etc. so after all that I had to see it for myself.

anyway kung fu panda in my eyes was a good movie. even though I mostly don't like anything animated like this (walt disney). it was fun.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fake-ass John Tr...
post Sep 2 2008, 01:44 AM
Post #55

betty spaghetti

DJ Battle This User

This was a good movie summer. I saw Iron man, Hulk, Hancock, WALL-E, Wanted, Dark knight, and Pineapple Express. All were great movies.

There's still Tropic thunder but im really split on seeing it because if its not a positive review its usually an extremely negative review. Might just wait till DVD for it.

Also omg disaster movie was soo funny best movie of the year by far!

EDIT: I have one tiny nitpick with Hancock. It's nothing major and nothing to lose sleep over but if it was a PG-13 movie and had a decent amount of swearing, why did they play an edited version of Ludacris's song at the beginning?

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Sep 2 2008, 01:56 AM
Post #56

Banned Routine

pretty classy up in here

Also (edit) I rewatched Lost Highway this morning for the first time in quite a long time and I liked it a rather fucking lot. Not sure what my issues with it were the first time (literally, I really do not recall). Bits of it I found especially fantastic, like when Mr. Eddy kicks the shit out of the guy while lecturing him on tailgating, and I found the scenes where Pete's parents refuse to tell him why he was taken to jail very disconcerting. I guess my complaints that remain, and I'm fairly unwavering in them, are the godawful choices of music for the film (everything except the Angelo Badalamenti and David Bowie tracks) and the sheer amount of screentime that is wasted on sex/making out. I understand how important it is to the film's themes, but come on, there had to be a good half hour of it that I feel could have been spent more wisely. It really hurt the pacing to me.

Also, Lynch needs to stop cutting huge chunks of time out of his film after the initial screenings (and not subsequently releasing them in any form). It really pisses me off I want to see the 25 minutes of deleted footage that Wiki claims he removed from the original cut. You'd think after how badly he regrets losing that handful of scenes from Eraserhead he'd knock it off. At least with Inland Empire we got the "More Things That Happened" feature.

I want to see the special features on the R2 DVD release. =\

--------------------

+Quote Post
sir nabsalot
post Sep 2 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #57

oh now I can do this

Man, the Lost Highway soundtrack is one of my all-time favorite soundtracks ever. I am going to listen to it in protest of your comment.

--------------------
beep boop beep

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Sep 3 2008, 12:04 PM
Post #58

Banned Routine

I had posted a snotnosed response to that but I guess it was pretty irrelevant.

I do not really care for "industrial rock," it just comes across as comically over the top and without feeling, and always postures so goddamn hard. The composition is never anything special, either, although I'm sure that's not where the appeal is supposed to lie. Some of it works (I guess) in the context of the movie, since Lynch with a more "gritty," sort of speedy, pulpy thriller feel, rather than a winding mystery, but...not the kind of thing I'm going to opt to listen to in my free time.

Dub Driving and Red Bats With Teeth are two of my favorite Angelo Badalamenti pieces that I've heard, though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sir nabsalot
post Sep 3 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #59

oh now I can do this

Haha snotnosed? Axemmmmm

After my righteous listen-through of Lost Highway, I have to say it's still pretty great even after all these years. The only truely weak points have got to be the rather inexplicable Rammstein tracks, which don't really work IMO. If that's what you mean by "industrial rock" then I'd have to agree on "comical". If you're talking about NIN, Smashing Pumpkins or Marilyn Manson, then I can only partially agree in general. The tracks that made it into this playlist were all pretty great and well-composed. I'm not even a MM fan, but Apple of Sodom is exactly the kind of AAA creepy danky dank darkness that put that dude on the map in the first place, and holy shit his cover of I Put A Spell On You fucking rocks in any credible sense of the term.

Angelo Badalamenti apparently makes up a full quarter of the album and well, his stuff fits David Lynch like a goddamn rubber; Red Bats With Teeth would work in any Lynch film ever.

I'd have to see the movie again to refresh my sense of how well the soundtrack actually goes with it. But as a fancy pants playlist it just works. The songs fit together without creating thematic monotony, and the transitions from track to track (like from Eye to Dub Driving for example) are subtle and surprising, and bring to the album the kind of cohesiveness you'd normally expect from a single dedicated artist.

--------------------
beep boop beep

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Sep 3 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #60

Banned Routine

Trent Reznor is one of my least favorite people in the music industry. It's an unfair title because there's not a whole lot of people that you can really single out like that, and if he'd "done less stuff" then I'd be less able to make such a ridiculous statement, but geez do I so intensely dislike quite nearly everything he's had anything to do with and all his compositions have such a bland, monotone feel and an uninvolved attitude. I mean, if being buddy buddy with Lynch and Coil can't help you, then fuck, what can?

Marilyn Manson either is or has in his employ a really fucking good marketing man. Hardly seemed like the music was ever the focus of his "thing." It shows. Bores me and the attitude is childish and not expressed in a way that is new or interesting.

Smashing Pumpkins and Rammstein are basically just "lol."

QUOTE(sir nabsalot @ Sep 3 2008, 10:40 PM) *
...Apple of Sodom is exactly the kind of AAA creepy danky dank darkness that put that dude on the map in the first place...

I can't really let this slide.

Like it's almost offensive, but I guess that's pretty

edity: oops wait I think I totally misunderstood what you were saying there, for some reason I inferred "that dude" to be David Lynch, not Marilyn Manson.

haha oops my bad

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2018 - 11:57 AM