Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Movie Thread
Akur0
post Jul 28 2008, 03:54 PM
Post #1

Banned Routine

so dark knight was the best thing I've seen in ages, even though the movie was awesome enough for it's own thread I figure this idea was coming for quite some time.

discuss

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Toph
post Jul 28 2008, 04:03 PM
Post #2

No Mayoi No Life

From: *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*

DaShizWiz vs. Mew2king at FAST1 are a pretty good set of movies.

--------------------
溶け出せばどんくらいの世界が spread out?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1172326

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Jul 28 2008, 05:02 PM
Post #3

Banned Routine

I just watched Stalker.

The cinematography was pretty breathtaking and delicate but outside of that I'm not sure if I really "got it."

Dark Night is wonderful, between it and Speed Racer this has been a pretty good year for big budget domestic stuff.

--------------------
I respond so fast I might break the prison glass.
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
QUOTE (_ηρα @ Jul 13 2008, 05:15 AM) *
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
Akur0
post Jul 28 2008, 07:39 PM
Post #4

Banned Routine

so does anyone else think heath ledger deserves an oscar? I loved how the guy made my skin crawl in one scene only to have me laugh my ass off about five seconds later.

I'm going to make this pencil, disapeaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Jul 28 2008, 07:50 PM
Post #5

Banned Routine

of course he does

the supporting cast in that movie was just great, Joker, Dent, Gordon

--------------------
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
Little Miss Pris...
post Jul 28 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #6

Tranoid

QUOTE(Akur0 @ Jul 28 2008, 04:39 PM) *
so does anyone else think heath ledger deserves an oscar?

definitely

you can really tell heath ledger put everything into that character

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darighaz
post Jul 28 2008, 09:09 PM
Post #7

Rising in the Sun

He put his life into it.

Too soon?

--------------------
watching avatar is like simultaneously being too much of and too little of a homosexual to watch actual anime

- Moogy, anime expert

+Quote Post
Deets
post Jul 28 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #8

all jew (about damaging it)

QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ Jul 28 2008, 04:02 PM) *
Dark Night is wonderful, between it and Speed Racer this has been a pretty good year for big budget domestic stuff.

hahahaha whaaaaaat

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Jul 28 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #9

Banned Routine

Speed Racer was phenomenal, that's why I was repping the Trixie avatar and "THIS IS MY RELIGON" a while back. The way the relatively simple story was told in such a violently confrontational and unneccesarily non-linear way, the way characters walked stage right to stage left to wipe in a scene and then paced back to right and wiped in a new scene, the way the first thirty minutes were paced like a trailer, all the classy nods to the original series, that they kept it PG, the fantastic cartoonish villans, the over-the-top jerky "camera" cuts back and forth between Trixie and Speed in the second leg of the cross country race, the camera spinning around the goddamn snowflakes in the arctic melee, the fucking spot-on costumes and makeup, RAIN, John Goodman beating up a ninja, the painfully corny Dancemania-esque credits song, man, I could go on for hours. It was pretty amazingly unparalelled and though I'm not suprised it didn't really find an auidence, that doesn't change how perfectly it did everything it set out to do (within the context of the film itself).

I saw it twice, the second time in Imax.

Same with Dark Knight, in face.

Someone talk about Stalker with me it's really bothering me trying to figure it out. It's probably the sci-fi / post-apocalyptic fan in me trying to rationalize the setting, which of course isn't at all what the movie is about. I guess it's to be taken the way many plays are meant to be taken: It's not about the idea behind the characters and what they're doing, it's about the ideas shared between the characters while they are doing it. Doesn't aggravate me any less, though, and I am still having difficult with the stuff about his daughter and Porcupine's brother.

I guess I should read the original book and the screenplay adapted novel / short story. Also a little annoying to know how much of the film was rewritten and reshot, it would be interesting to know what ideas got lost in that jumble.

--------------------

+Quote Post
djplaeskool
post Jul 28 2008, 09:45 PM
Post #10

Wolf in a box

DJ Battle This User

I, too, have to admit, Speed Racer was a really fun, pretty expertly crafted movie.

I think a lot of people just crap on the concept, not because of the execution, but because it seems intentionally designed to pan out like 90-minutes of a cartoon from the 60s.

--------------------
Now Playing:
miqo'te montessori / SHARLAYAN DISCO / Lominsa区 / SP☆3 5 8 / DP☆5 8 10
Emergency Code Aibou / ARKZ TECHNO / The Oracle Fleet / SP☆7 10 12 / DP☆8 11 12
Foliage Ocean / CELCETA-STEP / DJs from Ys / SP☆6 9 10 / DP☆7 10 12

+Quote Post
over there
post Jul 28 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #11

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Dark Knight was okay, but I don't understand how you can still like the movie the second time watching it. The best movie I've seen come out recently was There Will Be Blood, which was absolutely astounding and I'd gladly watch it 4-5 more times without any hesitation.

+Quote Post
Eggman of the St...
post Jul 28 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #12

Lost Odyssey Defense Squad

DJ Battle This User

They're both fun to see multiple times for some of the same reasons. Mostly the phenomenal acting throughout. Dark Knight has the honor of being partially filmed in IMAX though so seeing the differences is well worth it.

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Jul 28 2008, 10:41 PM
Post #13

Banned Routine

When Joker walks out of the hospital it's just great.

--------------------

+Quote Post
over there
post Jul 28 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #14

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Rowen of the Strata @ Jul 28 2008, 11:34 PM) *
They're both fun to see multiple times for some of the same reasons. Mostly the phenomenal acting throughout. Dark Knight has the honor of being partially filmed in IMAX though so seeing the differences is well worth it.

I dunno, blockbuster movie acting is just so fake to me, I can't stand it. There really isn't anything you'll benefit from on a second watch though, save for the IMAX differences you spoke about. It's a good movie for a hollywood movie, it's just not an amazing one like everyone says it is. I can't watch it again and like it, honestly, considering I've seen it before and I know what's coming, there's nothing to figure out, etc. I'd rather like it now than watch it again and like it less because there's no depth to it.

Plus man they killed fuckin' Two-Face in his first appearance sad.gif The love triangle in the movie was pretty pointless anyways, since Harvey's character is supposed to be selfless enough to fret over being chosen above any other hostage. They could have just as easily used Gordon's family or something instead of the girl. What a pointless character.

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Jul 28 2008, 11:25 PM
Post #15

Banned Routine

hahahahaha yeah the character that gave the script its emotional and dynamic character arc was totally pointless

it would have been better if all the characters were static

QUOTE(Gabe @ Jul 29 2008, 12:15 AM) *
I dunno, blockbuster movie acting is just so fake to me, I can't stand it.

what does this even mean

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fake-ass John Tr...
post Jul 28 2008, 11:35 PM
Post #16

betty spaghetti

DJ Battle This User

That any blockbuster movie that puts millions of dollars into to it and hires well-known big budget actors feels like they're not even trying to act? I have no idea honestly...

I saw Wanted about a month ago. It was pretty badass, its kinda like a cross between The Matrix and Fight Club.

Plus you hear Morgan freeman say "shoot the motherfucker!".

+Quote Post
Deets
post Jul 28 2008, 11:59 PM
Post #17

all jew (about damaging it)

re: Speed Racer

I dug it, but people have already done pretty in-depth analysis on why the movie is kind of a fucking mess on a directorial level. Comparing it to The Dark Knight is fun, though, I'll admit.

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Jul 29 2008, 12:28 AM
Post #18

Banned Routine

I wasn't comparing it to Dark Knight.

I think directorally it's completely perfect. One's interpretation from there may vary, I guess, but as far as the production goes it seems completely and unfaultingly dead-on for what the intent was (or, "for what I percieve that the intent was"). Seems like, on some level, the core of the movie was to appeal to those working on the movie. Which, really, should be the point of all art.

(hahaha, briefly going over that exceedingly nitpicky article (I'll read it in full when I don't have company) "kind of a fucking mess" translates to pretty rad, point-for-point I guess)

I really hope it wins some sort of technical award, or best make-up or some shit. Making everyone look as animated as the rest of the movie, and exactly like their cartoon counterparts was a pretty sizable accomplishment, I think, not to mention managing to make Christina Ricchie some variant of sexually appealing.

Someone talk with me about Stalker I can't decide if I really, really like it or if it pisses me off a lot and would have been a collasal waste of time had it not been so goddamn pretty and had one of the most breathtaking long takes I've ever seen.

Also Boris's "Vein (Hardcore Version)" samples Stalker, apparently, and while I don't normally "ohh and aah" over dumb little things like that (this may or may not be a bareassed lie I guess), it's neat to see the bit of dialog in its original context (and have the translation for it, haha).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Akur0
post Jul 29 2008, 12:34 AM
Post #19

Banned Routine

QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ Jul 28 2008, 11:41 PM) *
When Joker walks out of the hospital it's just great.

favorite scene in the movie acctually, the red wig had me rolling
QUOTE(Gabe @ Jul 29 2008, 12:15 AM) *
Plus man they killed fuckin' Two-Face in his first appearance sad.gif The love triangle in the movie was pretty pointless anyways, since Harvey's character is supposed to be selfless enough to fret over being chosen above any other hostage. They could have just as easily used Gordon's family or something instead of the girl. What a pointless character.

QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ Jul 29 2008, 12:25 AM) *
hahahahaha yeah the character that gave the script its emotional and dynamic character arc was totally pointless

it would have been better if all the characters were static

I thought the entire point of two face was to act as a character of balance in between joker's anarchy and batman's order.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Jul 29 2008, 01:37 AM
Post #20

Banned Routine

nope

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2018 - 06:00 PM