IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer Mafia?
Summer Mafia?
What works good for you schedule-wise? (I just wanted to make a poll, don't tell anyone)
Hell, yeah, 3rd/4th week of May I guess. If I HAVE to play..... (Might Be Possible to Host) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
HELL YEAH! 3RD/4TH WEEK OF MAY! I LOVE MAFIA! ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD! (Might Be Possible to Host) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Hell, yeah, 1st/2nd week of June I guess. If I HAVE to play..... (Definitely Possible to Host) [ 5 ] ** [33.33%]
HELL YEAH! 1ST/2ND WEEK OF JUNE! I LOVE MAFIA! ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD! (Definitely Possible to Host) [ 8 ] ** [53.33%]
the cyghfer option: burn mafia to the ground, mafia is dead, rip, just like gimmick and everything else in this depressing universe [ 2 ] ** [13.33%]
Total Votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 
Schala
post May 6 2015, 07:54 PM
Post #1

excessively entitled

Haven't touched this since last year, and I'm really busy right now but I do have a fricken', it has to be like, 98% done setup-wise thing (just missing a lot of pointless flavor for abilities that I've stopped caring about entirely).

So Mafia is dead for 2014 (Thanks Obama, Thanks Pidgey), but should it remain dead for 2015 and onwards? Do we pass up a bunch of what could be fun memories just because Pidgey and I couldn't get our asses together and sit down for a few hours and type some mumbo jumbo?

I'm feeling a little mixed, mostly because this is a community-driven thing, but if some random group of people do want a game (some have dropped, some have waited forever patiently, some will take it or leave it, some would be entirely new faces), it is possible to whip up. Just do any combination you feel like doing between voting in the poll, PMing me somewhere, and posting in thread about how no Mafia game here will literally ever start again or whatever else is on your mind (unless your name is cyghfer then no one wants to hear it u dirty pleb).

The setup can be trashed, I mean it's been long enough that no one has attachment to it. It would be a lot of lost fun stuff though, so maybe this can be a Grant Kirkhope moment if you guys have it in you to revive S3 Mafia, just like SF4 revived that series from the bad one where you literally parry every single move 100% of the time like Spiral Zer0 said!!!

well that's my pep talk thx for listening

p.s. this post is literally solely inspired by Mazrim PMing me about setup ideas for another forum and I was like "oh yeah wasn't S3 a place where mafia existed at one point in time"

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Prims
post May 6 2015, 07:56 PM
Post #2

Rising in the Sun

Funny that this thread goes up the day I decided to check this dead site for some reason. I'd sub but not actually /in to the default playerlist because I'm scared of the game getting delayed and starting when I don't actually want to play mafia. Not even joking.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schala
post May 6 2015, 07:59 PM
Post #3

excessively entitled

QUOTE (Prims @ May 6 2015, 07:56 PM) *
Funny that this thread goes up the day I decided to check this dead site for some reason. I'd sub but not actually /in to the default playerlist because I'm scared of the game getting delayed and starting when I don't actually want to play mafia. Not even joking.

well, when do you want to or not want to play? it's either starting late may, early june, or dropping it into the gutter (forever?) so

expect a 1 to 1.5 month run from either of those timeframes. it won't be a 30 player game or whatever since I know there are a lot of confirmed drops from people who "quit the internet"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Prims
post May 6 2015, 08:01 PM
Post #4

Rising in the Sun

oh I don't mean I expect I'll be too busy I just mean my motivation is an inconsistent and unpredictable bitch lmoa :<

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schala
post May 6 2015, 08:12 PM
Post #5

excessively entitled

man there are always people who are like "yeah i wanna play but do i yes i do well i changed my mind well ok put me back in well now i'm moving" like fricken toph and... well mostly just toph

I'LL TRY TO WORK AROUND IT euhe

--------------------

+Quote Post
CarlSagan
post May 6 2015, 08:49 PM
Post #6

The Shadow

Any day, any time, I'll be there (❀◦‿◦)

+Quote Post
spimmmm
post May 6 2015, 09:15 PM
Post #7

Dazzlin' Darlin

maybe. june 10-14ish is bad for me since i'll have friends visiting but if we start earlier than that i'll have gotten the day 1 lynch by then

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post May 6 2015, 10:01 PM
Post #8

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I'd be in. Timing doesn't matter...I'll find time to fit it in.

+Quote Post
rmz
post May 6 2015, 11:06 PM
Post #9

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

I'll have to bow out of this one because odds are good I'll be out of town for some portion of it.

+Quote Post
bapple cider vin...
post May 6 2015, 11:44 PM
Post #10

The Village of the Lovers of Heckran

gomen por interrupting this thread but im in. any time. BIATCH BIATCH BIatch biatch biatch

--------------------

hualep ola whef

+Quote Post
Schala
post May 7 2015, 12:49 AM
Post #11

excessively entitled

QUOTE (rmz @ May 6 2015, 11:06 PM) *
I'll have to bow out of this one because odds are good I'll be out of town for some portion of it.

dang, would july or anything work better by any chance? can give a shot at accommodating people's schedules/vacations if you'd like

--------------------

+Quote Post
Catastrophe
post May 7 2015, 01:24 AM
Post #12

Human Sequencer Wannabe

DJ Battle This User

IN! The Grant Kirkhope analogy got me. smile.gif

--------------------
Life is short. Don't YOLO too hard. :P

+Quote Post
Murderbydeath
post May 7 2015, 02:12 AM
Post #13

Tranoid

QUOTE (Marlie Tang @ May 6 2015, 08:54 PM) *
The setup can be trashed, I mean it's been long enough that no one has attachment to it. It would be a lot of lost fun stuff though, so maybe this can be a Grant Kirkhope moment if you guys have it in you to revive S3 Mafia, just like SF4 revived that series from the bad one where you literally parry every single move 100% of the time like Spiral Zer0 said!!!

You mean that one that pretty much everyone in Japan still plays and loves on a regular basis? If that's the analogy we're going with, THEN MAFIA SHOULD DIE FOREVER.

Luckily, your analogy is awful, and I want you to resurrect maf plz

+Quote Post
Schala
post May 7 2015, 03:19 AM
Post #14

excessively entitled

QUOTE (Murderbydeath @ May 7 2015, 02:12 AM) *
You mean that one that pretty much everyone in Japan still plays and loves on a regular basis? If that's the analogy we're going with, THEN MAFIA SHOULD DIE FOREVER.

Luckily, your analogy is awful, and I want you to resurrect maf plz

ok look here

1. all you do in sf3 is hit TOTALLY random buttons to surprise your opponent with randomness instead of logic
2. the parry timing is way too easy, proof: http://forum.solidstatesquad.com/index.php...st&p=158064

it's no wonder it died in the land of the free and the home of the brave until a real fighter came out (sf4)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schala
post May 7 2015, 03:20 AM
Post #15

excessively entitled

QUOTE (Toph @ May 2 2008, 02:53 AM) *
Morning Blue: I'm not going to take the time to tell you why you're wrong (like, objectively wrong), but: Wow, never discuss fighting games again. They are over your head.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Prims
post May 7 2015, 03:30 AM
Post #16

Rising in the Sun

i have literally only played touhou fighting games

you know what I feel adventurous today, I guess I'll play for real but probably check with me again if there's more than one delay. also as a heads up I'll be in Texas from July 22 to July 29 and while I'll still be able to play mafia I'd much rather be spending my time with friends, though this is really only an issue if there are delays or deadlines are super long and I don't get lynched day 1.

E: also what IRC channel are you guys on so that I don't have to rely on PMs to contact ppl about mafia games that may or may not be hosted? not sure if this site has its own IRC channel or if everybody's just on some speedrunning thing now lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schala
post May 7 2015, 03:41 AM
Post #17

excessively entitled

again I would rather trash it before "delaying" again (that's a bad road to go down)

so I'll just make a deadline for when the most people can play, dodging the most vacations or whatever (like if rmz could get in setting start date later than early june that'd be cool since he hasn't played in a boatload of years)

--------------------

+Quote Post
sync
post May 7 2015, 12:00 PM
Post #18

The Shadow

I'm good for June I guess. July isn't going to really work so I'll just hope someone kills me by that point. (Or I'll make low-effort posts or something.)

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post May 7 2015, 12:37 PM
Post #19

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Everyone is going to be on vacation or out of town or something at at any point. It's never going to work to fit in everyone at a set time, so I'd say everyone who has a passing interest should just play and worry about being gone when it happens. Unless this becomes some super serious "I must write an essay refuting every point made against me" type game I would hope people won't freak out over some inactivity because of life.

+Quote Post
Prims
post May 7 2015, 05:30 PM
Post #20

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE (Mazrim @ May 7 2015, 10:37 AM) *
Everyone is going to be on vacation or out of town or something at at any point. It's never going to work to fit in everyone at a set time, so I'd say everyone who has a passing interest should just play and worry about being gone when it happens. Unless this becomes some super serious "I must write an essay refuting every point made against me" type game I would hope people won't freak out over some inactivity because of life.

yeah. basically short absences don't affect the game too much as long as you can still drop by to post a few lines and vote now and then

you don't have to write an essay to refute every point against you to play well in serious mafia anyway!

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2019 - 06:34 AM