IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> favorite artists 2016
sync
post Aug 10 2016, 10:55 PM
Post #1

The Shadow

If we're talking favorite artists from current bemani then it's probably going to be almost all newcomers or something which is weird. Pretty much all of my old favorites are either gone, not doing anything all that special, or just making junk. (What an awful extend of The Shadow)

If it's all-time bemani current favorite artists then my unordered list is:

Reo Nagumo
Tomosuke
pre-Spada kors k + Insane Techniques
wac
Nekomata Master

I could give reasons but I don't really feel like it atm. This is just kind of a general top-5 too. There's a lot of other bemani people who have great songs but just not enough to be a general favorite over some of the others. If I were to extend the list an additional 5 I'd probably add Asaki, TaQ/Q-Mex, Mass Mad/Onoken (Pop'n), Akira Yamaoka, and Prastik dancefloor/m@sumi I suppose. Slake is pretty cool too I want to fit him in there somewhere. Maybe replace prastik? It depends upon the game a lot for me as well. Pop'n gave me a better appreciation for Des-row/murmur and seiya murai, for example. I'm also sure I've forgotten a bunch of artists somehow. This will probably change further the more I play this silly line of rhythm games.

I'll come back and visit this thread in a month or two maybe, see what I think then. Don't think my top 5 will change though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sync
post Aug 10 2016, 11:42 PM
Post #2

The Shadow

QUOTE (Prims @ Aug 10 2016, 10:33 PM) *
man I thought the shadow extended was pretty good, it's just not really the shadow. kors k mixes it up with his long versions sometimes, which can be good or bad (D...).

Yeah, the fact that it wasn't really the shadow is the main reason I didn't like it actually. More specifically, it just came across to me like he was shoehorning an old song into his current genre kick. D is a weird extend. I still don't understand why he thought it could use vocals.

I'm not really fond of EDM stuff in general though so ymmv.

+Quote Post
sync
post Sep 11 2016, 04:19 PM
Post #3

The Shadow

Baseball Prim is actually pretty good which is out of place for both a LEDxwac collab and a Prim song. Negative times a negative I suppose.

QUOTE (Mazrim @ Sep 11 2016, 12:01 PM) *
Speaking of songs that need a long version - yo, Ryu...how about fleshing out your GOLD CS BGM into a song? It's really chill.

The BGMs are one of the things I miss most about playing the CS versions. The unlock systems too. Really wish I didn't need a giant brick of a TV in order to play them properly.

I'd honestly shell out a bunch for another proper CS release. Even more if there were a limited edition or something fancy.

+Quote Post
sync
post Sep 11 2016, 10:00 PM
Post #4

The Shadow

QUOTE (Mazrim @ Sep 11 2016, 05:48 PM) *
I have three CRTs in use in my place so I guess I have no issues with them taking up tons of space!

Look, it's just generally a pain in the ass to keep around when I can and do use a flat-screen for literally everything else why you gotta be like this

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2018 - 12:44 AM