IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Evolution 2010
BBH
post Jul 14 2010, 05:49 AM
Post #21

Beginning of Life (THE GROUND PULSE MIX)

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Jul 13 2010, 05:14 PM) *
I've been watching videos of this on Youtube lately, and wow, I hope there's another voted game next year (doubt it, if Ono's new game comes out before Evo, too - that'll be Tekken 6, BBCS, SSFIV, HDR, MvC3, and that game, more than likely - but we can hope!), because I would love to see Fighter's History Dynamite or Fists of Fire. Seriously, FHD is the most ridiculous fighting game I've ever seen. Everything from Marstorius being shortened to MARSTRIUS for the victory text to the BOI-OI-OING for the stun sound effect to Zazie's ridiculous hand bullshit just blows my mind with awesome. If I could get my stick to work properly on my computer, I would totally be playing that game.

FHD is the best game.

But even with its VC release on Wii, the chances of it getting into EVO is basically a snowball's chance in hell. Which is too bad, because it really is a ton of fun. The engine is very loose and it's easy to pick up combos and blockstrings - probably the hardest part about the game is that most characters have at least one special move with an oddball motion that you won't find doing the standard QCF's or charge motions. But when you know the moves, it is a blast.

The character balance isn't so great, though. You basically have the big 5 (Ray, Karnov, Lee, Jean, Zazie), 5 chars that have a chance at winning if you're really on point (Mizoguchi, Samchay, Clown, Yungmie, Matlok), and then 3 with a shit-ton of bad matchups (MARSTRIUS, Feilin, Ryoko). And there are some really painful matchups... Clown vs. Marstorius is one of the most lopsided matches in any fighting game ever, it's pretty much on par with Super Turbo Akuma vs. Zangief. Most fireball chars rape Marstorius anyway, but still. The good thing about the ridiculous dizzy system is that it does make it possible for clutch comebacks and stuff, so it does keep things exciting.

If you need more to watch, be sure to check out all the parts of The Great Grapple 2004 tournament:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8...32042787061514#

--------------------
BBH's Waste of Bandwidth - shitty reviews of obscure arcade games
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Jul 14 2010, 11:58 AM
Post #22

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (BBH @ Jul 14 2010, 03:49 AM) *
probably the hardest part about the game is that most characters have at least one special move with an oddball motion that you won't find doing the standard QCF's or charge motions. But when you know the moves, it is a blast.

Cue me forgetting how to do Samchay's rising knee and Yuengmie's dp again

Otherwise, as a more casual FHD player I second all of BBH's synopsis

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
Buffalo
post Jul 15 2010, 10:25 PM
Post #23

The Shadow

i remember i was ordering food and david sirlin was ahead in line

i was like man sirloin steak sounds really tasty now

--------------------
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

+Quote Post
over there
post Jul 15 2010, 10:35 PM
Post #24

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (Buffalo @ Jul 15 2010, 11:25 PM) *
i remember i was ordering food and david sirlin was ahead in line

i was like man sirloin steak sounds really tasty now