> S3 IIDX 4.1 Released, Yes, it exists!
Himiko
post Jul 18 2009, 11:50 AM
Post #1

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Version 4.1 of the IIDX tracker has now been released. Thank you all for your patience.

A brief summary of the new features:
  • Course Session has been added.
  • Original Course of the Week has been added. I'll expand more upon this in another topic.
  • Sig includes and XML are now available.
  • Taren's "Sync" utility has been integrated with the site as Memory Card Sync. You can now automatically update your scores on the site by uploading your IIDX save files.
  • Global Average line has been added to the session graph, courtesy of jammitch!
  • APIs should now work again, allowing the use of MemoryMani and similar utilities (you may need to update your software)
  • Numerous other fixes and enhancements. Read the changelog for full details.

Things that still need to be fixed or added are: rival data support, forgotten password emails, other languages, proper documentation, and allusers.tar.gz (the latter which I will probably be working on fairly soon).

Special thanks go out to our Coding Tatsujins Taren and jammitch!, and to the S3 Elite Testing Unit.

As always, please let me know if there are any bugs or issues with the site. Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
waffles
post Jul 18 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #2

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Wonderful! Bravo! *applauds* Glad to see things moving forward. Good job to everyone who has been involved.

Bug?:
It used to be that when using quick entry and sorting by percentile, upon changing a score, the list would re-sort. It no longer does. I can change multiple scores, and the list does not resort until i refresh the page. Even if i specifically try to resort, it will not until the page refreshes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blue Rain
post Jul 18 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #3

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

thanks for the siggraphic!
will the popn one look different too? biggrin.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Saiyajin @ Jul 9 2009, 01:51 AM) *
Good thing there are PS2 -> PS3 adaptors... If IIDX goes triple, I'm definitely sold on the system even if though it's big enough to crush me to death in my sleep.

+Quote Post
DanAdamKOF
post Jul 18 2009, 07:03 PM
Post #4

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Whoring myself out

QUOTE (DanAdamKOF)
Here's a rough guide.

You'll basically need the following:
-A way of loading burned games (modchip, swapmagic) or ELF files (FreeMCBoot, Independence Exploit, swapmagic coder)
-uLaunchELF for PS2, either as an ELF file you can launch or as a premade CD/DVD image
-USB drive
-A computer running Windows (might work in WINE or something)
-PS2 Save Builder for Windows

If you can load an ELF file directly, do that to load uLaunchELF. Otherwise burn a disc image and load that however you usually load burned games.

Plug your USB drive into your PS2. Use a Dualshock or otherwise "normal" controller for this. Use uLaunchELF to browse to your memory card ("mc0" or "mc1") and locate your save file folders (For example, 7th's folder is called "BISLPM-65593BM2DX7", they have "BM2DX" in them, and the style number, very nifty). Basically, "mark" the save file folders with X, then press R1 to bring up the menu, then choose Copy. Then browse to your USB drive by pressing Triangle (it's called "mass") and paste them in there with R1.

Plug the USB drive in your computer, and load PS2 Save Builder. The easiest way to do this is to open your save folder in Windows Explorer, and drag and drop its contents into the box in the window underneath the "Filename" and "Size" labels. Then, copy the folder's name (BISLPM-65593BM2DX7 or whatever) and paste that over the "NEW_FILE" text, next to "Root/ID". Now, go to File and click Save. Where it says "save as type", choose "Shark-Port 2(*.sps)". I don't think you need to name it the same as the save folder's name, so you can name it something nifty like "7th Style - 07/18/09" or whatever.

Then just open the score uploading tool on SSS and use that file!

It's a lot easier than it sounds, trust me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Jul 19 2009, 04:28 AM
Post #5

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

So uhh, the "News" link at the top of the frontpage still links to the VJA forums.

+Quote Post
Himiko
post Jul 19 2009, 07:45 AM
Post #6

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I'll have a look into that. I think I know what's causing the sort bug.

Also, I need notecounts for every DJT course on another if someone has the time to work them out.

+Quote Post
DanAdamKOF
post Jul 20 2009, 04:14 AM
Post #7

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Here's a suggestion, if you want us to record our high speeds, why not display the songs' BPMs?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Himiko
post Jul 20 2009, 04:50 AM
Post #8

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I might add it as a tooltip or something. There isn't really room to add another column.

+Quote Post
Marlie Tang
post Jul 20 2009, 04:55 AM
Post #9

To See a Butterfly

yeah come on the actual game is a terrible place to see the BPM, I mean you have to hover over the song on the song select screen

no one uses hibroad/textage either

+Quote Post
DanAdamKOF
post Jul 20 2009, 05:06 AM
Post #10

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

I'm just saying it'd be faster than alt-tabbing over to hibroad, clicking a chart, clicking back, alt-tabbing back to SSS, every time.

Also I think I encountered a glitch for DJT, only the first song is letting me select HS 0.5-5.0 with increments, the rest only let me pick 1-4. edit: maybe its just non-revivals?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Himiko
post Jul 20 2009, 06:32 AM
Post #11

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Okay I carried out some ninja uploads to fix the issues mentioned here (don't ask me how I never noticed that half the high speed settings were missing for DJT sleep.gif) and also added in that BPM tooltip, which you will get if you hover over the HS dropdown for any song. It only shows the BPM as stored in the database though, and since the database field that holds the BPM can't store ranges it will only show you the min/max BPM (it varies) for a song. Still, should jog your memory.

+Quote Post
SEXYSEXYCHEVY
post Jul 20 2009, 02:04 PM
Post #12

funny yet handsome

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

If you have your difficulty set to another and you go to course session and select original course of the week you can't change the difficulty and it's S3BEGINS ANOTHER? YEAH RIGHT! INVALID QUERY STRING BOIYEE

--------------------

TOO MANY SPINDISKS!!!!!!
( TANE IS LOVE [updated a bunch])
QUOTE (Junglist King @ Oct 8 2009, 01:44 PM) *
pabst blue ribobn

+Quote Post
DanAdamKOF
post Jul 20 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #13

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Thanks Heineken, this oughta make things more streamlined.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Apollo2X
post Jul 20 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #14

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

Well done! If I encounter anything unusual I'll post.

EDIT:

My Memory Data Sync session went very smoothly for 7th to 12th Style. When I got to 13th Style though, the memory sync page generated an error. I've already sent an email to the admin address, as suggested.

Thanks for the helpful guide, DanAdamKOF. I'd also like to add that the circle button is the "menu select" button when at the folder browsing thing on the Playstation program. Also, my bro's Kingston drive would cause the PS2 to hang, whereas my Cruzer had no problems whatsoever teaming up with the PS2.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Jul 29 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #15

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

I almost think this is funny enough to be left alone, but the Mental Meltdown [b] pages (score entry/score view) list the genre as "Hard Pop"

This post has been edited by spineshark: Jul 29 2009, 03:31 PM

+Quote Post
rmz
post Jul 29 2009, 03:35 PM
Post #16

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

I think that's probably a remnant of the initial data entry -- the list I was referencing had that typo in there, and I think it got corrected on the normal song record but not the [b] record.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd February 2018 - 03:11 PM