post Jan 23 2009, 10:20 AM
Post #1

Tranoid

QUOTE (Brazoliange @ Jan 19 2009, 06:21 AM) *
96.4k Nadeshiko Rock EX
88.2k Percussive 2 EX (6x)
27 misses IDM EX, still pretty terrible

still really horrible at Party timing :<

Party's timing seems pretty much the same as how it was on Adventure. I remember going from Fever->Adventure really screwed me up timing wise, but Adventure->Party was pretty much the same. Though I haven't actively played popn in awhile(I just play every once in awhile) so my timing suck anyway, hehe. I'm looking forward to trying out "The Movie" once it comes out(next month I believe, or at least that's what the flyer I saw at an arcade said)

--------------------
My Pop'n List

President of the SuPa |L�| Fanclub! Oh, YEAH!!!1
QUOTE (Amadeus)
U JUST GOT SHUNZZIED BIZOTCH! :O
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Jul 29 2009, 10:06 AM
Post #2

Tranoid

Well I just starting really playing pop'n again 3 days ago and I'm progressing back up to my old level pretty quickly. (being able to pass some 41's, from like 2 years ago!) Anyway, I'm not quite there yet, but I think I should be able to surpass my old level pretty quickly.

Anyway, cleared 2 new 40's, Folklore EX and Contemporary Nation 2 EX (Beyond the Earth, I think it's CN2 but I don't remember...had only cleared it on CS before)
Border failed another 40 first try(I think it was Cosmo Logical)

Also got my first perfect since starting up again, of course Dark Opera Ex 95.2K (79 greats though)

I had forgotten how fun pop'n is to play! biggrin.gif

BTW is the Super Mario Bros. Megamix (or whatever it's name was) gone from the game now? I was searching for it and I couldn't find it on 17. That was one of my favorite songs, I hope it's not gone... sad.gif

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Aug 4 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #3

Tranoid

Cleared 2 more 40's, Enka Remix ex(only had a CS clear before) and Cosmological ex.

Re-cleared Ancient Euro ex and my first new 41 clear since starting again last week, Symphonic Metal ex, yay! smile.gif (I think I might have cleared it on CS before, but I don't remember)

Started using S-ran on lower level songs (up to the low 30's atm) and damn, it makes those songs a lot harder! Hopefully I can work my way up to harder difficulties after awhile.

QUOTE (Xythar @ Aug 2 2009, 01:15 AM) *
Yeah they took it out as of Party.

Damn, that sucks. Adventure was the last one I actively played before I stopped, so that's why I remember it still being on there...too bad it's gone now. mellow.gif

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Aug 6 2009, 08:39 AM
Post #4

Tranoid

Damn, I was playing a lot of S-random (today is 100 yen for 2 credits day on pop'n at the arcade I go to, luckily they have 3 pop'n 17 machines) and some stuff is tough! I played Natsuyasumi ex (level 33) and the beginning and ending are really hard, I failed the song, haha. I tried it w/o s-ran on my next game and FC'ed it (2 goods) unsure.gif

Anyway, cleared 2 more 41's, Pyramid EX and China Rock EX. happy.gif

QUOTE (Bartz @ Aug 5 2009, 04:59 PM) *
Good thing the AC I'm getting is one that is a Fever, I really want to play that song.

Wow, that's cool. Fever AC is pretty much the machine that got me started on pop'n. Though I had played it at random times before through the years starting from 9 AC, which was the machine out my first time coming to Japan in 2003.

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Aug 6 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #5

Tranoid

QUOTE (Xythar @ Aug 6 2009, 10:21 AM) *
Natsuyasumi is a 37 isn't it? That's a really fun chart.

Yeah, it's a good song!

Unfortunately in my last post I made a mistake, the song was supposed to be Natsu Matsuri(夏祭り), which is a 33. I guess it's a new song from 17.

You can see a video of the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSSofEcmNxw
The chart is easy on normal, but s-ran makes the beginning and ending parts much harder. wacko.gif

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Aug 8 2009, 10:31 AM
Post #6

Tranoid

Re-cleared three 41's from Fever CS: Japameta (aka Craze for you) ex, Hyper J-pop 3 ex, and Ultra Lovelin' Euro ex (also border failed Funk Fever ex, I was wondering why this was a 41 while playing it, as I forgot all about the ending dry.gif cleared it before I stopped playing a long time ago though) This is on my dao pop'n asc.

Also re-cleared Hip Rock 4 ex on AC.

Question: Is it possible to play with cools on games other than Carnival/Fever CS? I only tried out a little of Iroha, but I didn't see the option anywhere?

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Aug 14 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #7

Tranoid

Clear Zen Jazz ex and finally cleared Kendo Rock ex (kept screwing up the ending dry.gif ) and border failed Hyper J-pop 3 ex mellow.gif (all on AC) Still trying to get better at 41's...

QUOTE (osrg @ Aug 8 2009, 03:05 PM) *
Iroha uses cools for taisen mode, and it saves those cools scores for songs unlike other games.

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to try it out the next time I play Iroha.

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Aug 19 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #8

Tranoid

Cleared 3 new 41's on AC today; J-Rock ex, Hyper J-pop 3 ex, and Turban ex. I had previously border failed all 3 of them, haha wacko.gif This brings me up to 11 AC 41's now.
Too bad my old House ex (a love we never knew) clear disappeared when the song was taken out of AC sad.gif

I also tried out Progressive ex (V) and wow, it's so much easier than the other 42's. I was pretty close to actually clearing it! The chart reminds me a lot of V[a] (non-random), hehe. It might be my first 42, if I work on the end a little bit. happy.gif

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Aug 20 2009, 06:01 AM
Post #9

Tranoid

QUOTE (Back Into The Light @ Aug 19 2009, 04:13 PM) *
If you mash chords on all the rolls then it's a really easy 42.

Haha, that did help. I cleared it on my first try today! My first 42, hehe. It was 2 credits for 100 yen day again so I went to the arcade again today.

Cleared a new 41, Loud Mixture Ragga ex. Was surprisingly easy, I got 95.8k my first try on it. smile.gif
Oh and border failed DDR ex. Damn, "bag" part totally killed my bar. I need to practice the song again.

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Aug 20 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #10

Tranoid

QUOTE (Back Into The Light @ Aug 20 2009, 07:36 AM) *
Yeah Loud Mixture & Ragga's the easiest 41 in the game IMO. Really fun though.

It's pretty amazing to even border fail DDR EX, I can't do that song for crap and probably will never clear it.

Well I don't know, besides that ending Circus ex is pretty easy. I think that was my first AC 41 way back when I was playing before on Fever/Party.

DDR ex isn't too bad it's just gimmicky, especially that bag part. I even had my hat, but still playing at 2.5x is so sloooooow, but if I put the speed higher the LOM part screws me up. I've passed the song before on 11 CS, so i know I can do it, but still... dry.gif

The 41 that I'm really terrible at (besides Lamento which is just hard) is damn Chin Don Jazz. I just do horrible on it... sad.gif

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Aug 21 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #11

Tranoid

QUOTE (Back Into The Light @ Aug 20 2009, 09:33 AM) *
Chin Don Jazz is one of those charts that seems impossible at first but gets pretty easy once you get better at chords. It's a lot easier than Lamento which should really be a 42.

Circus isn't too bad but I can't clear it consistently.

Well I'll have to try Chin Don Jazz again once I get a bit better. I hope it gets easier... blink.gif

Anyway, today I played some AC again after work(again!) and had a mini-breakthrough on 41's. I cleared 6 new 41's!

Classic 4 hyper w/random blush.gif (I thought this was a 39/40 before?), Coredust Beat ex, Visual ex, Chiteitanken ex, Japanesque Progressive ex, and DDR ex biggrin.gif (I think I'm up to 19 cleared 41's now on Pop'n 17)

border failed Jam ex huh.gif (I've cleared this before on 13 CS though)

Also cleared two 40's that I was having trouble with Showa Noir ex and Negame Rock ex.

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Aug 24 2009, 09:10 AM
Post #12

Tranoid

Cleared another group of 41's today.

Classic 7 ex, Contemporary Nation ex, Jam ex, Rinsei ex, Balls out Rock ex, and Violin Progressive ex. smile.gif

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Aug 26 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #13

Tranoid

Played a little bit today and cleared 3 new 41's:

Anthem Trance Remix ex, Rockbilly ex and Happy Harcore ex (Sweet Sweet Magic).
28 down and only 15 41's left on PNM 17 AC. smile.gif

edit: just made a mistake it wasn't Rockbilly ex that I cleared it was Hillbilly ex. Damn songs with similar names mellow.gif

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Aug 27 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #14

Tranoid

Yeah, I remember when I passed it before on CS11 I played it at 3x because 2x was way too slow. I did use a towel for the slow parts of the song. I just find a hat much easier to use on AC. I also use it for stuff like the first half of Pyramid ex (fun song!)

I think before I just got used to how the "bag" part is supposed to go by playing it at a high speed(4x) and tried to remember how it went when I tried to pass it on the slower speed.
What I did this time is just try and BS the bag part(though I bombed it), but if you can do the rest of the song alright you can still clear it. I think that maybe my reading speed isn't quite back to what it was before, or since .5x speeds are there I use them instead of faster speeds.

I basically wanted to the "clear" mark on ddr now I'm not planning on playing it again for a very long time. tongue.gif

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Aug 28 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #15

Tranoid

Yeah, I know Sudden+ would be really helpful (I ALWAYS use it on iidx), but I think without Sudden+ on PNM I tend to crank up the HS as fast as I can. (something I don't do on iidx) So my HS reading ability is much better on pop'n compared to iidx.

Occasionally, I do see some people use Sudden on some songs and I just wonder why, since Sudden is so low on the screen. I'd rather just put the HS as fast as I can read it and if there are bpm changes I usually adjust my HS for the fastest part(if it's a long section, not just a stupid ending HS jump) and use my hat for the slower parts.

Well I screwed up in my other post listing a clear on Rockbilly ex instead of Hillbilly ex, but today I played it and cleared Rockbilly ex as well. tongue.gif Also cleared Cyber Western ex (deceivingly difficult at least for me) That's 2 more 41's down(my 30th 41 clear on 17AC biggrin.gif ).
Also border failed Ninja Metal ex sad.gif and did pretty good on Trancerance ex (the second half of this song used to kill me so bad, but I think I can clear it with a little practice).

edit: Forgot that I also cleared DRM'N FRY[h].(first AC clear of it for me) I hadn't played that song in so long that I didn't remember the ending at all, but I cleared it first try. I think playing a lot of Sran helps to make the ending seem not that bad, hehe.

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Aug 30 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #16

Tranoid

Well I only had time to play a little bit as my gf was over for most of the weekend, but...

Today I cleared a new 41 Ninja Metal ex and my 2nd 42 Kaijyuu カイジュウ, yay! biggrin.gif The beginning is hard, but the rest of the song isn't toooo bad. I think I got 90k on it.

This is a video of the chart if you haven't played it(not mine obviously ;-p ): Kaijyuu ex youtube video

edit: Also re-cleared Anime Hero R ex on pop'n 15 HDD happy.gif (had cleared it on CS 10? before, I forgot which game it's on) Why did they take this song out of 17???

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Sep 1 2009, 08:23 AM
Post #17

Tranoid

QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Aug 30 2009, 11:53 AM) *
Cleared Galaxive Rock EX. An actual 40 on The Movie I can do? That's crazy talk

Man I suck so bad at pop'n now sad.gif Still can't do Showa Noir or Girls Alternative Core (which is way harder than it looks sad.gif )

got a bunch of shitty scores on songs i used to be able to score way higher on, whatever back to IIDX

Yeah, some of those 40's can be tough. Showa Noir took me awhile to clear and I still haven't cleared damn Fever Robo Eu ROBO mix ex (border fail sad.gif ) It's one of 3 40's I have left to clear on AC.

As for me, well I finally cleared that damn Spy Remix ex, it was the last 39 I needed. All of them are clear now smile.gif

Also cleared 3 new 41's; Shoegazer ex 92.1k, Classic 10 ex 88.1k hat+random (all lvl 41 classics now clear) and Vivid ex 94.9k(ending seemed much easier playing it on HS4 instead of 3.5).
9 more 41's on AC left to clear including Lamento and Chin Don Jazz. I think I might be able to clear Lamento ex before I clear Chin Don Jazz ex, haha. wacko.gif

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Sep 9 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #18

Tranoid

Haven't cleared anything new (41+), but I am getting slowly better and better. I've border failed Depafunk ex(96k and I didn't clear it! keep screwing up the ending sad.gif , cleared on CS), border failed Chin Don Jazz ex(bastard!), come pretty close to Stories ex, Trancerance ex, Des Reggae ex(think I cleared it on CS before, but I don't remember), and I'm slowly improving on the 42's.

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Sep 14 2009, 06:22 AM
Post #19

Tranoid

Finally cleared Chin Don Jazz ex! yay! Also raised my score a little bit on it to 93.4k. biggrin.gif Only a couple more 41's left on AC now.

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Sep 16 2009, 09:48 AM
Post #20

Tranoid

Damn, I almost had my third 42...Border fail Enzetsu ex sad.gif

I think I can clear it though.

Clear Depafunk ex smile.gif and finally cleared that damn Neji Rock ex, it's only a 40 but still... huh.gif

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post

35 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2018 - 04:21 AM