IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favorite of the Sensational Six, Current big-name IIDX composers, that is.
Which of the current "big six" is your favorite?
Place beats now.
dj TAKA [ 2 ] ** [6.45%]
DJ Yoshitaka [ 1 ] ** [3.23%]
L.E.D. [ 1 ] ** [3.23%]
Ryu* [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
kors k [ 9 ] ** [29.03%]
Sota Fujimori [ 3 ] ** [9.68%]
All of the above [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
None of the above [ 2 ] ** [6.45%]
Why the hell aren't wac / SLAKE/ Tomosuke / Nekomata Master / etc. on here? [ 13 ] ** [41.94%]
Other [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 31
Guests cannot vote 
Tropical Pallete
post Oct 11 2010, 08:34 AM
Post #1

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Of the dozens of artists in IIDX, six of them are currently highlighted more than the rest. Vote for your favorite and why, etc.

--------------------
QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 19 2010, 02:30 PM) *
2 steps to naming a yoshitaka song

1. Turn on capslock
2. Roll face across keyboard

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
over there
post Oct 11 2010, 09:34 AM
Post #2

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

None of them are consistent enough to say I have a favorite, but it's definitely not Yoshitaka or Ryu*. Probably not LED either considering how bad he's been since like HS.

+Quote Post
*NYAA
post Oct 11 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #3

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

questioning the lack of people that had a much greater influence on iidx and bm1
anyway, yoshitaka when not involved in boss songs

ow i missed the word "currently"

--------------------
Sound/kors k

The super director L.E.D., said "I like American-based resorts", and felt that there wasn't enough black music and told me to fix that.

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Oct 11 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #4

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

kors k is definitely the best of the bunch, but he's not as consistently good as Tomosuke or SLAKE.

--------------------
QUOTE (IIDX Clock @ Jan 31 2009, 08:21 AM) *
actually, Japan has REALLY high technology.

heck they even have predecessors to HD already

+Quote Post
rmz
post Oct 11 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #5

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Of the six, kors k I guess, with Sota, L.E.D., and Taka all reasonably close behind.

+Quote Post
Tropical Pallete
post Oct 11 2010, 01:27 PM
Post #6

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

My vote went to kors k, too. Though my favorite songs in IIDX nowadays are either from outside artists (Dirty Androids, DJ Mass Mad Izm), or are from Konami artists who don't work directly work on IIDX outside of providing songs (Tomosuke, Seiya Murai).

--------------------

1. Turn on capslock

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Oct 11 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #7

they keep referring to me as that

I voted for kors k solely because of D and Bad Maniacs, looks like everyone here more or less agrees with me.
Nekomata/wac/tomosuke can just do their thang, seems like pop'n takes up a lot of their time...

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
Ryujin
post Oct 11 2010, 03:17 PM
Post #8

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (IT medalion @ Oct 11 2010, 01:10 PM) *
Of the six, kors k I guess, with Sota, L.E.D., and Taka all reasonably close behind.

Yeah, pretty much this.

When I get down to Sota, L.E.D., and Taka, they've each done some really cool songs, but then they also have the habit of creating a song that sounds like a copy of one of their other songs - and usually not in a good way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Oct 11 2010, 08:27 PM
Post #9

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

I figure the obvious "the non-core artists are way better" thing is kinda the point of the question. "Which of these mediocre choices is your favorite?"

I assume there's some degree of recentness factoring in though. I mean, if you're counting all their IIDX songs, none of them are going to beat Taka (DJ Setup songs except Spiral Galaxy, quickening, OutPhase songs, Lion Musashi songs, vivi songs, and that's just for starters). Even now, he's still been basically putting up one really great song a style, and I'll take that over a couple okay ones. I don't care about bad songs. I'd say, if we're talking since DJT or before, Taka would definitely be my choice. Rage against Empress and four pieces are really good, and things just get better with Golden Cross, Samba de Janeiro, Mei...

kors k has been best since Sirius I guess, but there hasn't been a lot of competition. Programmed Life is the only really good song from the six so far on RA, and D and Bad Maniacs beat out G59 and LED's songs. And as much as I enjoy Sota's general style (Synthesized and Synthesized2 are my favorite out of the group's albums), he only really stands out with his "different" songs - Arabian Rave Night, Hybrid Landscape, minimoog, though Electrorgasm and Electrified are pretty good too. If You've Got 2 Get Me was in IIDX I'd probably vote for him though.

Not that I don't like Do it!!, but Ryu has only had one song I really love since Red (H&L). And the less said about Yoshitaka the better.

+Quote Post
Tropical Pallete
post Oct 11 2010, 10:13 PM
Post #10

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

The thing I notice about Yoshitaka is that he either writes really good stuff or absolute crap - very little in the average range. I feel the same way about Tatsh.

--------------------

1. Turn on capslock

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Oct 11 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Tropical Pallete @ Oct 11 2010, 08:13 PM) *
The thing I notice about Yoshitaka is that he either writes really good stuff or absolute crap - very little in the average range. I feel the same way about Tatsh.

i think evans, colorful cookie, and some of yoshitaka's collabs are enjoyable. might be 12* stockholm syndrome but whatever
close my eyes for me and fetish paper are his best contributions i guess

that thing about tatsh is spot-on, he made scripted connection and he made reunion and some hentai game music. what a guy

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

+Quote Post
adammm
post Oct 12 2010, 05:29 AM
Post #12

Rising in the Sun

Okay wow I'm the only person who voted Sota

WITH ME?!

This post has been edited by adammm: Oct 12 2010, 05:31 AM

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Oct 12 2010, 10:42 AM
Post #13

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

This could have been a "favorite beatnation artist" poll, although this works!

I think kors k has consistently been the best of the artists for the last few styles. He certainly seems to excel at whatever genre he chooses to work in, where some of the artists haven't really deviated from what they're good at (HI LED!) in a while. He's also the most creative when it comes to his long versions. I'd put Nekomata Master up there too.

+Quote Post
Gorrum
post Oct 12 2010, 12:04 PM
Post #14

Rising in the Sun

If I grouped by the number of songs that I like, pre DJT would have to be Taka. Anything after would have to be kors k. I kinda miss the days when Taka had the majority though so number of songs have something to do with it.

And wow, thought I was the only one about only loving one Ryu song after Red, and its not even in IIDX! (Sakura Sunrise). Everything he has done has not struck gold to me except DO IT of course.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
ErAseRmoTor maXi...
post Oct 12 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #15

The Shadow

everyone's voting for kors k so I think I'll go with L.E.D he made lots of good songs

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Oct 12 2010, 01:31 PM
Post #16

all the LED songs on sirius are really good. i mean most of the current bemani artists' songs tend to run together, but at least no one is as predictable as ryu☆. passionate fate is disgusting

...but i like mermaid girl @.@

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

+Quote Post
BigC
post Oct 12 2010, 10:29 PM
Post #17

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

Definitely kors k at this point. D and Bad Maniacs were my top favorites in Sirius and I like how he experiments with a variety of genres. dj Taka is a close second since he's made a bunch of good tracks over the years. L.E.D makes decent songs but he seems to stick with a narrow range of genres. Sota songs usually range from average to good, I don't think he's ever made a song I hated. Yoshitaka makes some good songs occasionally especially if it's a collaboration but he still makes too many mediocre songs. Ryu* has been on a decline lately (he made light shine even though bass 2 bass existed lmao) but he still makes some enjoyable songs like vertical. (Which some people in bemanistyle don't like apparently so that's how you know it's good)

--------------------

+Quote Post
adammm
post Oct 13 2010, 11:09 PM
Post #18

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE (BigC @ Oct 12 2010, 11:29 PM) *
Definitely kors k at this point. D and Bad Maniacs were my top favorites in Sirius and I like how he experiments with a variety of genres. dj Taka is a close second since he's made a bunch of good tracks over the years. L.E.D makes decent songs but he seems to stick with a narrow range of genres. Sota songs usually range from average to good, I don't think he's ever made a song I hated. Yoshitaka makes some good songs occasionally especially if it's a collaboration but he still makes too many mediocre songs. Ryu* has been on a decline lately (he made light shine even though bass 2 bass existed lmao) but he still makes some enjoyable songs like vertical. (Which some people in bemanistyle don't like apparently so that's how you know it's good)

light shine owns the the fuck outta bass2 though

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Oct 14 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #19

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Tropical Pallete @ Oct 11 2010, 09:13 PM) *

I'll definitely agree about Tatsh, even on RA he's keeping up his pattern of having one of the best songs and one of the worst. But Yoshitaka...well, it's not that I think all of his songs are equally bad, but I find myself just as irritated by his "good" solo songs as the really hated ones. He's got such a vapid and formulaic style...but then, I do kinda like Nijiro so I probably shouldn't complain about that. Almost all his collabs are okay at worst, though. quell's bad, Himiko and Claiomh Solais are alright, but Fetish Paper and Close My Eyes for Me are pretty awesome and the C/Galdeira songs rule.
light shine owns the the fuck outta bass2 though

I like light shine a little better I guess. The fact that it has the best generic video helps, lol

+Quote Post
*NYAA
post Oct 14 2010, 01:52 AM
Post #20

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

people like light shine more because isnt fucked up with scratch

--------------------
Sound/kors k

The super director L.E.D., said "I like American-based resorts", and felt that there wasn't enough black music and told me to fix that.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2018 - 10:07 PM