IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BeatBlox - Xbox Live community game, Now available!
rmz
post Jan 16 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #1

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

UPDATE: The game is now approved and is listed on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for only 80 Microsoft Points! To check out the game, you can do so via the Xbox LIVE web marketplace, or via the Xbox 360 marketplace interface by browsing to "Community Games" (soon to be "Indie Games").

In addition to the Marketplace page for the game, I've also set up a web page that contains a more extensive overview as well as a couple web-exclusive things like a soundtrack download.

Thank you to EVERYONE for your ideas and support over the past three months!

You can also join the Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=63311289291&ref=mf
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Jan 16 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #2

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I have a friend who might be interesting in contributing music. He's a member of the community (not VJA specifically) and does some decent stuff. I'll let him know. (Bong, if you see Fernando tell him to check this topic out tongue.gif )

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Jan 16 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #3

Banned Routine

can I make an ambient/amusical loop for the options screen or something

or for the game over screen :>>>

--------------------
I respond so fast I might break the prison glass.
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
QUOTE (_ηρα @ Jul 13 2008, 05:15 AM) *
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
djplaeskool
post Jan 16 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #4

Wolf in a box

DJ Battle This User

I'm totally down for contributing to this.

PM sent btns.gif

--------------------
Now Playing:
miqo'te montessori / SHARLAYAN DISCO / Lominsa区 / SP☆3 5 8 / DP☆5 8 10
Emergency Code Aibou / ARKZ TECHNO / The Oracle Fleet / SP☆7 10 12 / DP☆8 11 12
Foliage Ocean / CELCETA-STEP / DJs from Ys / SP☆6 9 10 / DP☆7 10 12

+Quote Post
rmz
post Jan 16 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #5

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Axem Rangers @ Jan 16 2009, 03:00 PM) *
can I make an ambient/amusical loop for the options screen or something

I will also need a menu music track or two (or three), so sure

+Quote Post
Spiritsnare
post Jan 16 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #6

make some noise daaadaadada

PM'd regarding graphicswork.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post Jan 16 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #7

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Wow I've uhhhhh already gotten 3 PMs about graphics work, and 2 about music. Unless something goes wrong (someone drops out or delivers something sub-par), I think that I'm more than good in terms of artists for now with the people that have PMed me.

I still need more people for music creation; there are two committed so far, and I want 6 songs total, so at most I will need 4 more people. If I get less than that, I will try to talk at least one of the contributors to contribute more than one song.

+Quote Post
DJ SymBiotiX
post Jan 17 2009, 03:23 AM
Post #8

Evergreen

Yes sir, I am very interested (I am the person Mazrim was talking about biggrin.gif). I will PM you with my contact details.

Also thanks Brent for the heads up

+Quote Post
rmz
post Jan 17 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #9

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Thanks to everyone who's inquired; I think I've got four songs spoken for (either in process, or already submitted), so I've got room for two more people. The genres that have been spoken for are listed in the first post.

I've also loosened some of my guidelines for track productionn, to give each artist more creative freedom. The only things that I ask now is a specific song length, and no BPM shifts. (BPM doubles/halves are technically OK, but nothing besides that because I've already made some coding assumptions about steady BPM.)

Regarding artwork, I've sent out some details on what needs to be done to one person, and based on what he does/doesn't want to do, I can pass out the remaining work to the other people who have inquired if they are interested.

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Jan 17 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #10

Banned Routine

I'm just going to send you a bunch of short things later thiscoming week and if you can make use of them that's great.

If that's okay with you.

--------------------
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Jan 17 2009, 08:59 PM
Post #11

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Sounds good. smile.gif

+Quote Post
rmz
post Jan 23 2009, 03:44 PM
Post #12

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

If you're working on producing a music track, please PM/e-mail me to let me know how much longer you think it might be before it's completed. The graphic designers are (at least partially) dependent on the songs being completed so that they can make certain graphics match the songs that they go with, and just an estimate on your estimated completion timeline would be helpful so that we can plan a schedule. Failing that, if you can just provide a 15-30 second sample, that'd probably be enough for the designers to work off of while you finish up the track.

Additionally, I still have two songs available -- if you submitted an already-completed song right off the bat, or if you otherwise just wouldn't mind doing two instead of one, let me know if you'd be interested in doing a second one.

Graphics team, look for a PM coming soon with some info.

+Quote Post
Catastrophe
post Jan 27 2009, 12:32 AM
Post #13

Human Sequencer Wannabe

DJ Battle This User

I missed this before! I'm interested in playing your game when it's done. And I like that it's now kind of a VJA game.

I'm not allowed to have personal projects and I'm a programmer anyway. So it doesn't matter that I missed it. But yeah, vague encouragement for you guys! Go hobby developers!

--------------------
Life is short. Don't YOLO too hard. :P

+Quote Post
rmz
post Jan 27 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #14

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Catastrophe @ Jan 26 2009, 10:32 PM) *
I missed this before! I'm interested in playing your game when it's done.

Do you have a 360? If so, it's going to be on the XBLA Community Games section when it's finished.

If not, I might consider releasing a Windows version at some point, but that would come after the 360 version is out.

+Quote Post
Eggman of the St...
post Jan 27 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #15

Lost Odyssey Defense Squad

DJ Battle This User

I've been wondering about pricing on things for XBL. Do you get to set the price for your game within their pricing structure or will Microsoft tell you whenever it's finished? I guess I just want to know who to blame for XBLA games that cost $15-20 now.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Jan 27 2009, 02:53 PM
Post #16

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Rowen of the Strata @ Jan 27 2009, 12:18 PM) *
I've been wondering about pricing on things for XBL. Do you get to set the price for your game within their pricing structure or will Microsoft tell you whenever it's finished? I guess I just want to know who to blame for XBLA games that cost $15-20 now.

Community games under 50 MB can be priced at 200, 400, or 800 points. Games over 50 MB can be priced at 400 or 800 points. The vast majority of the community games that I have seen go up for review lately have been 200 points, which is what I imagine I'll price mine at, assuming the final package size comes under 50 MB.

Non-community (commercial) XBLA games are a whole different animal, so I have no idea about that.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Feb 1 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #17

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Took the evening off from working on this to take a short preview clip. Obviously a bunch of graphics are missing (white backgrounds etc) but you can get a basic idea. I'll make another one once things come together a little bit more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQrWVAEBXTw

Click High Quality because youtube sucks

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Feb 1 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #18

Banned Routine

I'll get those loops to you in the next 18ish hours I swear

also looking good

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eggman of the St...
post Feb 1 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #19

Lost Odyssey Defense Squad

DJ Battle This User

Oh my god does this play like a 2-D musical Bombastic like it looks like it does?

+Quote Post
Deets
post Feb 1 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #20

all jew (about damaging it)

Oh hey my muzak

I was totally planning on putting together something specifically for this game but that works too!

(I still want to, by the way. I was waiting on seeing what the game actually looks like, first)

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 09:29 PM