IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question about IIDX 13 arcade timing
eternal
post Jun 29 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #1

Sorry for the beginner question, but something is puzzling me about the local DistorteD machine in my city. For some reason, the timing feels different than when I play Empress at home; I have to press the buttons slightly later at the arcade, waiting for the notes to fall slightly closer to the red line. Since I haven't been into the series for too long and I don't have DistorteD at home, I'm not sure if this is a difference in the games, a difference in controller (Japanese KOC vs arcade), or a difference in TV (LCD vs CRT). Does anyone know what's causing this, or am I just imagining the difference?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*NYAA
post Jun 29 2010, 02:42 PM
Post #2

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

the reason is that the timing IS different itself and the different monitors add to it (most of the times LCDs have lag, CRTs dont)

just play what you have and don't mind the differences, unless you play both a lot

--------------------
Sound/kors k

The super director L.E.D., said "I like American-based resorts", and felt that there wasn't enough black music and told me to fix that.

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Jun 29 2010, 05:38 PM
Post #3

I♥prat fall

yeah the buttons make a difference, the tv makes a difference, and the iidx version itself makes a big differencceee

--------------------
[21:17:43] <+Jadin> sry I fell asleep making spaghetti

+Quote Post
Buffalo
post Jun 29 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #4

The Shadow

also arcade hardware makes a difference as most likely the hardware you're playing on isn't the official bemani pc as those are very hard to obtain due to konami's strict poliicy on what they allow arcade owners to do with their hardware (you get blacklisted if you are caught selling recent hardware/upgrades from them). the way iidx ac is programmed is very specific to its bemani pc hardware so any slight change can introduce even more problems.

playing iidx ac outside of asia is pretty shitty imo

--------------------
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Jun 29 2010, 07:56 PM
Post #5

I♥prat fall

it really is :<

--------------------
[21:17:43] <+Jadin> sry I fell asleep making spaghetti

+Quote Post
*NYAA
post Jun 30 2010, 08:24 AM
Post #6

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

in what means is shitty?
according to the records posted in the main italian community, there aren't many differences in score between ac and cs with people who is able to play both
and when a cs user of ours manages to reach a cabinet usually the scores are the same as they did at home (except they don't pass ristaccia A anymore)

--------------------
Sound/kors k

The super director L.E.D., said "I like American-based resorts", and felt that there wasn't enough black music and told me to fix that.

+Quote Post
Buffalo
post Jun 30 2010, 09:45 PM
Post #7

The Shadow

theres a few exceptions but the main consensus is most iidx machines in the us are complete garbage

mainly because of the reasons listed above

--------------------
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

+Quote Post
Fake-ass John Tr...
post Nov 24 2010, 08:39 AM
Post #8

betty spaghetti

DJ Battle This User

BUMP plus didn't DistorteD and below have tighter timing? I thought that Gold is when timing was made CS equivalent or at least close to it.

+Quote Post
over there
post Nov 24 2010, 08:57 AM
Post #9

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

10th through DistorteD AC all have tighter timing windows, and some songs on 9th do as well. Not to mention LCDs and Plasmas will increase the probability of your scores suffering.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 06:31 PM