Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Evolution 2010
loluralimey
post May 9 2010, 07:29 PM
Post #1

Tranoid

So anyone going Evo this year? Ill be going down. First time ive been to the motherland since 12.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BBH
post May 10 2010, 12:43 AM
Post #2

Beginning of Life (THE GROUND PULSE MIX)

DJ Battle This User

ya

--------------------
BBH's Waste of Bandwidth - shitty reviews of obscure arcade games

+Quote Post
briankun
post May 10 2010, 09:20 AM
Post #3

Dazzlin' Darlin

DJ Battle This User

I've been debating on going this year. :3

Just depends if I have the time/money.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post May 10 2010, 12:40 PM
Post #4

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (BBH @ May 9 2010, 10:43 PM) *
ya

Portland representin' in Jackie and FHD!

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
loluralimey
post Jul 6 2010, 06:03 PM
Post #5

Tranoid

BBH: Should try play some games at Evo.

+Quote Post
BBH
post Jul 6 2010, 10:05 PM
Post #6

DJ Battle This User

I'm down.

man my SSF4 pool is looking nasty. Eita (gdlk Japanese Akuma), Gootecks, Henry Cen, KDZ, among others. Gonna have to unleash BEAST MODE to make it to semis.

--------------------

+Quote Post
over there
post Jul 6 2010, 11:17 PM
Post #7

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Haha wow BBH, good luck. You can take 'em down!

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Jul 7 2010, 01:14 AM
Post #8

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (BBH @ Jul 6 2010, 08:05 PM) *
man my SSF4 pool is looking nasty. Eita (gdlk Japanese Akuma), Gootecks, Henry Cen, KDZ, among others. Gonna have to unleash BEAST MODE to make it to semis.

Good luck, man! That sounds like it's going to be a ROUGH time...but you're no slouch, either.

--------------------
QUOTE (IIDX Clock @ Jan 31 2009, 08:21 AM) *
actually, Japan has REALLY high technology.

heck they even have predecessors to HD already

+Quote Post
sir nabsalot
post Jul 7 2010, 08:54 PM
Post #9

oh now I can do this

fuck yeaaa SOO HYPE for EVO best of luck bbh!!! and anyone else who's going!!!!

--------------------
beep boop beep

+Quote Post
DDRaHolic
post Jul 10 2010, 10:41 AM
Post #10

Tranoid

Hype hype hype!!! ssf4 Semis is gonna be incredible matches today. I guess I really don't care about Tekken, but I'll watch Melty Blood and MVC2 and stuff like that.

--------------------
QUOTE (Marlie Tang @ Jun 3 2011, 09:07 PM) *
ddraholic is so dumb (and is established as being dumb)

+Quote Post
djplaeskool
post Jul 10 2010, 05:30 PM
Post #11

Wolf in a box

DJ Battle This User

Watching BBH on the EVO stream right now.
Getting Dhalsim'd...

--------------------
Now Playing:
miqo'te montessori / SHARLAYAN DISCO / Lominsa区 / SP☆3 5 8 / DP☆5 8 10
Emergency Code Aibou / ARKZ TECHNO / The Oracle Fleet / SP☆7 10 12 / DP☆8 11 12
Foliage Ocean / CELCETA-STEP / DJs from Ys / SP☆6 9 10 / DP☆7 10 12

+Quote Post
rmz
post Jul 10 2010, 11:04 PM
Post #12

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Jason Cole is one of the best Dhalsims around though so no shame in that

Was curious why you were using Chun, though...is Bison/Sim a bad matchup? I don't know ST/HDR that well.

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Jul 10 2010, 11:06 PM
Post #13

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (rmz @ Jul 10 2010, 09:04 PM) *
Jason Cole is one of the best Dhalsims around though so no shame in that

Was curious why you were using Chun, though...is Bison/Sim a bad matchup? I don't know ST/HDR that well.

I know in ST it was a bad matchup, but I thought some of the Sim nerfs and Bison buffs made it a better matchup, at least. And Chun was nerfed more than Sim was, too, I always figured that made the matchup harder for her in HDR.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BBH
post Jul 12 2010, 09:22 PM
Post #14

DJ Battle This User

In case you didn't know, Jason Cole is from Seattle and I'm from Portland, so ya know we're sort of in the same area. And I've had to play him in quite a few local tournaments (both regular ST and HDR), usually with both of us making it to the finals... but the results were always the same. His Dhalsim just rapes the fuck out of my Bison. Like, he's just really on point and it's hard as fuck for Bison to do anything about intelligent drill pressure - Bison has crap anti-air normals, and pretty much any drill ends up stuffing scissor kick or psycho crusher. It's really nasty.

So I figured I'd play Chun because someone tells me "just do lightning legs and you'll rape Dhalsim" (and also because Chun was my main in ST before I picked up Bison). Just mashing lightning legs doesn't really work against Cole. Also when I saw him building meter with upflames I thought "hey I should try to stop him from doing that" but of course that's exactly what he wanted me to do. So... yeah.

I could have TRIED Bison for one game maybe but figured it would be a waste. As it turns out my lack of playing any ST/HDR lately really bit me in the ass (really you should have seen the very first game I played in pools, I almost lost), and especially lack of ST/HDR Chun... so I played like crap in my one match on the stream. Oh well!

Also, I DID make it out of my HDR pool in winners but my next match was not played on the stream but one of the side stations, it was against a T. Hawk player. Yeah, I lost to T. Hawk. He was pretty on point with his ticks and the only thing Bison can do without meter if Hawk is ticking into SPD is a perfectly timed devil's reverse. It was a really close match that came down to the last round of the 3rd game though, so it wasn't a total blowout. I still wish I could have moved on, I don't even know who the Hawk player lost to after he beat me since like... they were going through all the ST semis on the side stations and then they stopped so they could stream SSF4 semis. And hell I thought there wasn't going to be any HDR stream time outside of top 8 so that was a surprise.

ummmm

I'm still catching up on some things, let me go post in the other thread now...

--------------------

+Quote Post
DDRaHolic
post Jul 13 2010, 12:58 AM
Post #15

Tranoid

Wow, BBH, thanks for the detailed response! I love getting insight like that into why something happened, a certain character choice or whatever. But don't let it get you down!

I don't know how long you've been playing ST, but I've seen Jason Cole's name in things as far back as I've seen recorded tournaments, which is 1996's B2. (But I don't know your actual name, so I might have seen it too).

Did you enter SSF4? I am always looking to play people in SSF4, so if you play, add me on XBL! I might not be able to stand up to you very well (if you play with Jason Cole you're most probably much better than me).

--------------------
QUOTE (Marlie Tang @ Jun 3 2011, 09:07 PM) *
ddraholic is so dumb (and is established as being dumb)

+Quote Post
BBH
post Jul 13 2010, 05:50 AM
Post #16

DJ Battle This User

yeah I entered SSF4 and posted about it in the SSSSSSSSSSSSSFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf4 thread. Basically I did well for a while and then lost two Bison mirrors and felt like shit about it.

I would add you on XBL if my friends list wasn't full sad.gif and... if I was actually interested in playing SSF4 right now. I was HELLA grinding out online in preparation for EVO and now that it's over I really don't want to play the game for a while. I don't even know if I'm going to bother going to local sessions unless people are playing other games because I have little motivation right now outside of local tournies, and I don't think we have one of those for another month. There is still a lot of shit in the SF4 engine that pisses me off, and I kinda want to take things easy for a bit and focus on other things for a while.

I've been playing fighting games since SF2 World Warrior in 1991 but I've never been a big name in the "scene" so to speak because I was never really traveling to major tournaments. This is something I definitely regret and wish I could have started doing sooner because EVO is a fuckin blast.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post Jul 13 2010, 09:48 AM
Post #17

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (BBH @ Jul 13 2010, 03:50 AM) *
I would add you on XBL if my friends list wasn't full sad.gif and... if I was actually interested in playing SSF4 right now. I was HELLA grinding out online in preparation for EVO and now that it's over I really don't want to play the game for a while. I don't even know if I'm going to bother going to local sessions unless people are playing other games because I have little motivation right now outside of local tournies, and I don't think we have one of those for another month. There is still a lot of shit in the SF4 engine that pisses me off, and I kinda want to take things easy for a bit and focus on other things for a while.

BBH is going to take up melty blood you heard it here first btns.gif

+Quote Post
Buffalo
post Jul 13 2010, 11:11 AM
Post #18

The Shadow

i did ok in pools for my first year

i got 2 byes in my pool because nobody can wake up for 9 am pools for ssf4

i almost made it on the big screen for HDR

yea

--------------------
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Jul 13 2010, 05:54 PM
Post #19

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

I went 2-2 in SSFIV and my pool wasn't too bad outside of Ryan Hart (sp?). Otherwise I got to play Jackie Chan, Goal Goal Goal, Martial Masters, and FHD

rmz your XBL sig avatar thingie is currently one of the major reasons I'm even considering getting back into BB when CS comes out in the States.

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Jul 13 2010, 07:14 PM
Post #20

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Schlagwerk @ Jul 13 2010, 03:54 PM) *
FHD

I've been watching videos of this on Youtube lately, and wow, I hope there's another voted game next year (doubt it, if Ono's new game comes out before Evo, too - that'll be Tekken 6, BBCS, SSFIV, HDR, MvC3, and that game, more than likely - but we can hope!), because I would love to see Fighter's History Dynamite or Fists of Fire. Seriously, FHD is the most ridiculous fighting game I've ever seen. Everything from Marstorius being shortened to MARSTRIUS for the victory text to the BOI-OI-OING for the stun sound effect to Zazie's ridiculous hand bullshit just blows my mind with awesome. If I could get my stick to work properly on my computer, I would totally be playing that game.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 10:50 PM