2. Roll face across keyboard

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigC
post Sep 4 2013, 08:39 PM
Post #2

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

This already looks better than Aero Synth.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tropical Pallete
post Dec 2 2013, 02:16 AM
Post #3

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Why hello there, Slake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAIJsmV52Zc

--------------------
QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 19 2010, 02:30 PM) *
2 steps to naming a yoshitaka song

1. Turn on capslock
2. Roll face across keyboard

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 2 2013, 09:48 AM
Post #4

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

My ID is 90102030 if anyone's playing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
sync
post Dec 6 2013, 11:06 PM
Post #5

The Shadow

I need this game.

Edit: Got this up and running. heh. Added you Xythar. (I'm Aurum) If anyone else wants to add me my ID is 74495470. I'll probably accept even if I don't know who you are because I think friends add points towards the unlock challenge or something. Idk, I don't really understand japanese.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 7 2013, 03:28 AM
Post #6

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Yeah check your "Unlock Challenge" section every now and then and if someone's currently playing one you can help build their multiplier by playing the same song, which also gives you support points.

Unlock challenges last <20min though so I almost never catch any :<

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deets
post Dec 9 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #7

all jew (about damaging it)

This game seems like awful social game garbage but I went ahead and sent you guys requests!!!

MY ID: 15217149

+Quote Post
Kirby Kirby Kirb...
post Dec 10 2013, 05:10 PM
Post #8

Cosmic Cat

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

It differs from all the other social music games out there by actually being really good and not resorting to the usual Puzzle & Dragons card collecting bullshit.

ID's 48037065.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 10 2013, 06:14 PM
Post #9

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

My complaint with this game isn't really any kind of social game aspect as much as the fact that it basically costs the same as playing an arcade game except you're at home. I'm trying not to think too much about that, because honestly I spent way more on Technika back in the day, but it kinda stings.

That and the fact that some unlocks are basically designed to be limited edition (new RAM song but only to the top 300 people in the next event, lol) though I'm hoping they'll become more widely available in the future.

The game itself is really fun and the soundtrack is fantastic so no problems there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sync
post Dec 10 2013, 08:00 PM
Post #10

The Shadow

Yeah, the song list sounds great, the UI customizations look cool, and the charts are well done. (They actually know how to implement hold notes!) You can keep free going decently for a while if you're really patient and hold off on spamming premium tickets except to make up for the additional cost of hard and master charts. (Or to help with an unlock challenge.) I really want an offline song-pack or one-price free-play version though. Not quite willing to pay to delay the inevitable.

Sadly, I ran out of premium tickets today. I'm just happy that I got to play a Go-qualia song in a music game though. Much thanks to Canon_chan and Kirby^3 for enabling me to spam the standard and hard charts respectively. :>

Btw, the Tatsh song owns.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 11 2013, 04:11 AM
Post #11

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Okay Break Down makes me very mad about its shittiness. I'm just not going to bother unlocking past the standard chart and pretend that it doesn't exist.

The other songs are good though!

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 11 2013, 07:21 AM
Post #12

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Azitate MAS: Good Lord.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deets
post Dec 11 2013, 01:59 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Kirby Kirby Kirby @ Dec 10 2013, 03:10 PM) *
It differs from all the other social music games out there by actually being really good and not resorting to the usual Puzzle & Dragons card collecting bullshit.

ID's 48037065.

Man, really? Groove Coaster, jubeat and tonesphere don't make you pay/wait just to play them. Like yeah okay they clearly put some money into this thing, but it's still awful exploitative garbage.

Also, Puzzle & Dragons is extremely generous and takes a long time to get to the point where you'd feel compelled to spend money. This game is like "OH YOU WANT TO PLAY MORE THAN TWO SONGS AN HOUR? BETTER PAY UP HOLMES"

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 11 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #14

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

More like one song every three hours.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirby Kirby Kirb...
post Dec 11 2013, 10:06 PM
Post #15

Cosmic Cat

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (Deets @ Dec 11 2013, 01:59 PM) *
Man, really? Groove Coaster, jubeat and tonesphere don't make you pay/wait just to play them. Like yeah okay they clearly put some money into this thing, but it's still awful exploitative garbage.

Also, Puzzle & Dragons is extremely generous and takes a long time to get to the point where you'd feel compelled to spend money. This game is like "OH YOU WANT TO PLAY MORE THAN TWO SONGS AN HOUR? BETTER PAY UP HOLMES"

We're talking about different things. (I agree with everything you've said.)

I said other social music games; Groove Coaster, jubeat, and Tone Sphere are all solo operations unless something changed since I last played them. I was referring to stuff like Capcom's Otoranger (which had me real excited for CxB because of the polish that went into it), the LoveLive music game, TicTac Concerto, etc…

And my complaint isn't about Puzzle & Dragons' monetization model, it's about the card collecting/leveling/evolving system that many F2P games feel like they need to copy for no good reason. Otoranger was exceptionally frustrating; you could perfect combo a song and still fail because you hadn't levelled your dudes enough. LoveLive's is actually a lot more reasonable; IIRC, your party of characters will impact the grade you get (and bonuses you get for obtaining that grade) but if you clear a song, you clear a song. I'd rather they just ditch the card collecting crap altogether and give me a straight up music game where skill in the music game alone impacts the score and clear status. CxB does exactly that.

(TicTac was interesting; its card collecting system was the unlock system. Each chart was a card, and you could merge two Bronze (Easy) charts into a Silver (Medium), and merge a Silver and a Bronze into a Gold (Hard). That felt acceptable to me because it didn't screw with your clear status or score at all. The problem was that most of the songs weren't that good.)

+Quote Post
sync
post Dec 11 2013, 10:34 PM
Post #16

The Shadow

"Hey my tickets should be recharged, I think I'll play CxB."

"Wait, the score event starts soon. I'll play after that starts."

Maintenance

Edit: Hey, you don't need to clear the song for your score to count towards the event. I'm ok with that.

+Quote Post
Deets
post Dec 12 2013, 01:34 AM
Post #17

QUOTE (Kirby Kirby Kirby @ Dec 11 2013, 08:06 PM) *
And my complaint isn't about Puzzle & Dragons' monetization model, it's about the card collecting/leveling/evolving system that many F2P games feel like they need to copy for no good reason. Otoranger was exceptionally frustrating; you could perfect combo a song and still fail because you hadn't levelled your dudes enough. LoveLive's is actually a lot more reasonable; IIRC, your party of characters will impact the grade you get (and bonuses you get for obtaining that grade) but if you clear a song, you clear a song. I'd rather they just ditch the card collecting crap altogether and give me a straight up music game where skill in the music game alone impacts the score and clear status. CxB does exactly that.

(TicTac was interesting; its card collecting system was the unlock system. Each chart was a card, and you could merge two Bronze (Easy) charts into a Silver (Medium), and merge a Silver and a Bronze into a Gold (Hard). That felt acceptable to me because it didn't screw with your clear status or score at all. The problem was that most of the songs weren't that good.)

Oh wow, okay. I was completely unaware of these other games. Didn't realize the social music game space was so crowded, geeez

+Quote Post
Kirby Kirby Kirb...
post Dec 12 2013, 02:50 AM
Post #18

Cosmic Cat

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (sync @ Dec 11 2013, 10:34 PM) *
"Hey my tickets should be recharged, I think I'll play CxB."

"Wait, the score event starts soon. I'll play after that starts."

Maintenance

And then post-maintenance: "fuck we screwed up again, oh well"

+Quote Post
sync
post Dec 12 2013, 03:24 AM
Post #19

The Shadow

I was about to make a post laughing at Azitate master requiring 10 tickets to play, but I took a look at their twitter just now and, sure enough, that's the second screw-up you just mentioned.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 12 2013, 04:48 AM
Post #20

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Okay, the secret to making Azitate MAS possible:

1) HS2
2) Watch this: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22379754 (thanks Spiritsnare)

Still trying to get a couple parts down but it went from lolno to somewhat doable.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2018 - 10:01 PM