11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> jubeat plus
grayfox9996
post Mar 28 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #41

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

Ouch, toll roads - my sister has to deal with those over in Orange County. Doesn't sound fun.

But yeah, I don't know how much gas is there - I pay $3.50/gallon on average right now and I drive 60 miles a day (for work, but still). My poor wallet. :< It just isn't worth it to drive to arcades anymore, when I have to pay more for the gas to get there and back than I would for me to play the few games I want to. That's really the best reason for me to not try this game (insert clever seque here), especially since I'm a few hundred miles from the nearest arcade with a jubeat machine, as far as I know.

--------------------
QUOTE (IIDX Clock @ Jan 31 2009, 08:21 AM) *
actually, Japan has REALLY high technology.

heck they even have predecessors to HD already
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 28 2011, 12:59 AM
Post #42

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

The whole point of jubeat plus is that it's a home version, though. There aren't even any jubeat machines that I know of in Australia, except maybe one in Perth or something.

--------------------

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Mar 28 2011, 01:01 AM
Post #43

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

Oh whoops, didn't notice this was the plus thread. Clever segue into me not being able to afford an iPhone/iPad, gogogo

--------------------
QUOTE (IIDX Clock @ Jan 31 2009, 08:21 AM) *
actually, Japan has REALLY high technology.

heck they even have predecessors to HD already

+Quote Post
Deets
post Mar 28 2011, 04:43 AM
Post #44

all jew (about damaging it)

QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Mar 27 2011, 11:51 PM) *
Ouch, toll roads - my sister has to deal with those over in Orange County. Doesn't sound fun.

But yeah, I don't know how much gas is there - I pay $3.50/gallon on average right now and I drive 60 miles a day (for work, but still). My poor wallet. :< It just isn't worth it to drive to arcades anymore, when I have to pay more for the gas to get there and back than I would for me to play the few games I want to. That's really the best reason for me to not try this game (insert clever seque here), especially since I'm a few hundred miles from the nearest arcade with a jubeat machine, as far as I know.

scoop em up industrial civilization

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 28 2011, 09:41 AM
Post #45

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I should probably play another song now

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 29 2011, 04:39 AM
Post #46

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

this game owns so much

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Mar 29 2011, 07:26 AM
Post #47

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

otaku, you should check out stuff like I'm so happy or any of the newer 10s (air raid, giga break, whatever) because they're basically impossible first try.
That's what I like the least about jubeat and reflecbeat - the harder difficulties just require more memorization, whereas IIDX is "purest" and pop'n similarly pure in training and reflexes and skills holding between songs.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 29 2011, 08:25 AM
Post #48

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I dunno if it changes with the 9s and 10s but I'm sightread clearing basically all 7s and almost all 8s now when a few days ago I could barely make any sense of them. Surely jubeat is even more about reflexes than IIDX or Pop'n?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Mar 29 2011, 08:27 AM
Post #49

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

It's not so reflexey when you have to make giant letters like H, S, and J instantly. I mean, technically you could say that it is kind of, but in the end you'll need to memorize stuff more than you would with other games.

And 7s and 8s in jubeat are basically 9s and 10s in IIDX compared to 12s

+Quote Post
Buffalo
post Mar 29 2011, 09:11 AM
Post #50

The Shadow

QUOTE (Fungi @ Mar 29 2011, 08:27 AM) *
It's not so reflexey when you have to make giant letters like H, S, and J instantly. I mean, technically you could say that it is kind of, but in the end you'll need to memorize stuff more than you would with other games.

yeah i dont like this

technika has alot of the same type of shit too where you cant sight read anything

--------------------
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Mar 29 2011, 09:36 AM
Post #51

they keep referring to me as that

recently i went through the jubeat_analyser tag on nicovideo and pretended to play songs, shit owned
i'd rather spell out words in jubeat than ez2dj or whatever

also i will never play a song by ryu* called "I'm so happy" i don't know what it sounds like and i don't need to because fuck that shit, seriously

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
Trip Machina
post Mar 29 2011, 11:53 AM
Post #52

The Shadow

jubeat plus is the closest thing we'll get to the AC. It's based off the first jubeat's interface with just a few notable yet minor AC->CS changes like score analysis on result screen, background effects pixelation, song selection (which is perfect for iPad), etc.

I love this game and I actually found myself playing it for 3+ hours straight before. Most of the songs are straight out of the arcade versions---jubeat, jubeat Ripples, jubeat Ripples APPEND, jubeat knit, and jubeat knit APPEND.

I still want Only My Overrated Railgun...why did they use it for the Location Test and not include it in the final release? I'd like to call it "Milk Works". We can only hope that it will show up in future song packs.

BTW, I have yet to figure out how to hit the BLUST OF MARKERS in concon [ADV] because it's hurting my scoring bad. =/

--------------------
All you DDRist's, try Trip Machine with the bass turned up!!

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 29 2011, 05:13 PM
Post #53

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (Buffalo @ Mar 29 2011, 09:11 AM) *
yeah i dont like this

technika has alot of the same type of shit too where you cant sight read anything

Actually I got a sightread clear on Fermion HD (a 10) so maybe you can just put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!

I can't believe you guys are falling back into "DUDE DID YOU LIKE, MEMORISE THE CHART" the moment a music game comes around that presents the information a little differently than "notes falling down screen". Especially when i'm pretty sure you've dealt with that question yourselves from other people while playing IIDX. I know I have and I'm not even good.

QUOTE (Junglist King @ Mar 29 2011, 10:36 AM) *
also i will never play a song by ryu* called "I'm so happy" i don't know what it sounds like and i don't need to because fuck that shit, seriously

It's not too bad, kinda like a faster version of Second Heaven or something

edit: actually there's some sakura storm in there too so yeah you'd probably hate it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Mar 29 2011, 09:46 PM
Post #54

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Mar 30 2011, 07:13 AM) *
I can't believe you guys are falling back into "DUDE DID YOU LIKE, MEMORISE THE CHART" the moment a music game comes around that presents the information a little differently than "notes falling down screen". Especially when i'm pretty sure you've dealt with that question yourselves from other people while playing IIDX. I know I have and I'm not even good.

I've played enough of jubeat and reflecbeat to make this call for myself thanks.

+Quote Post
*NYAA
post Mar 30 2011, 02:46 AM
Post #55

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

but RB is about notes falling down!

--------------------
Sound/kors k

The super director L.E.D., said "I like American-based resorts", and felt that there wasn't enough black music and told me to fix that.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 30 2011, 06:04 AM
Post #56

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I meant in relation to jubeat and Technika, I don't really know anything about Reflec beat.

Got my first SS on Sweet Angel ADV, second play ever (first play I was like 4k under the cutoff). This is despite playing a bunch of 2s and 3s on basic before. Go figure. Also cleared the EXT which is my second 9 after Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 30 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #57

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

In my limited experience shadowing watching Reflec Beat videos, I cannot comprehend how you would read those charts. At least in other Bemani games the notes don't overlap. I'm sure it's possible, and I'm sure it's just a matter of practice, but it looks even more intimidating than a typical Bemani game to a casual observer.

+Quote Post
over there
post Mar 30 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #58

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 30 2011, 12:24 PM) *
In my limited experience shadowing watching Reflec Beat videos, I cannot comprehend how you would read those charts. At least in other Bemani games the notes don't overlap. I'm sure it's possible, and I'm sure it's just a matter of practice, but it looks even more intimidating than a typical Bemani game to a casual observer.

It's actually easier than it looks, but when you get the green special side things then it gets kinda difficult. The game just doesn't feel fun to play though, which is its major downfall because it has a nice songlist.

+Quote Post
Buffalo
post Mar 30 2011, 12:30 PM
Post #59

The Shadow

guess ill have to get good at technika to prove my point

edit: http://www.youtube.com/user/prpr164

this dude is my hero. im almost done with this game tho cause the chinese version of ripples has no e-amuse and i dont want to go through the trouble of convincing a chinese arcade owner to let me hack the hdd to unlock everything else.

--------------------
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

+Quote Post
Trip Machina
post Mar 30 2011, 02:44 PM
Post #60

The Shadow

Cleared my first 10!! Far East Nightbird [EXT]...not as hard as other 10's or even certain 9's *cough*SumidagawaNatsuRenka*cough*

--------------------
All you DDRist's, try Trip Machine with the bass turned up!!

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2018 - 05:21 AM