Reply to this topicStart new topic
> jubeat plus
rmz
post Mar 25 2011, 08:06 AM
Post #21

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Mar 25 2011, 05:24 AM) *
given that both of these conditions are now true, how do you like the game btns.gif

Given that it hasn't gotten a US release I couldn't care less! I'm not going to get a JP iTunes account and load it up with money just to buy one app.

And iPads haven't dropped "a couple hundred bucks," the cheapest version of the previous generation is still $400 which is about $100 more than I would ever consider paying for a tablet.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 25 2011, 08:07 AM
Post #22

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

They're still basically cheaper than songs on any other music game I can think of, though. $1.40 or so per song compared to $2 for rock band or like $5 for project diva (ha... ha... sad.gif)

I already got everything, I think it ran me about 90 dollars for 70-odd songs.

QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 25 2011, 08:06 AM) *
Given that it hasn't gotten a US release I couldn't care less! I'm not going to get a JP iTunes account and load it up with money just to buy one app.

And iPads haven't dropped "a couple hundred bucks," the cheapest version of the previous generation is still $400 which is about $100 more than I would ever consider paying for a tablet.

Setting up a Japanese iTunes account took me all of 10 minutes and I see first gen iPads for like $200 on eBay US (I paid $320 for mine locally but that's actually a pretty good deal compared to what they sell for here). Given that I paid something like $400 for my Ransai back in the day it seemed reasonable. They've dropped a lot in price seeing as how the iPad 2 just came out and everyone is trying to dump their old ones. Either model plays jubeat just fine, so...

I mean honestly, on this forum of all places saying that you haven't bought a music game because it didn't get a US release is kind of a poor excuse. Unless the only IIDX game you own is BMUS, too. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 25 2011, 08:19 AM
Post #23

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Mar 25 2011, 06:07 AM) *
I mean honestly, on this forum of all places saying that you haven't bought a music game because it didn't get a US release is kind of a poor excuse. Unless the only IIDX game you own is BMUS, too. tongue.gif

I don't play Bemani nearly as much as I used to (hence why I've been selling most of my ASCs and games, my bimonthly trips to an arcade are enough for me), at least much less so than I did at whatever point in my life where I would have considered buying a $300 device/controller to play what may potentially end up being a one-game series. I hardly buy any DLC for Rock Band, so...making the argument that it's "only $90 for 70 songs" isn't very appealing to me, haha.

I could buy the iPhone version (if one exists yet?) but...I have a feeling it'd kind of suck. Too small of a screen size.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 25 2011, 08:34 AM
Post #24

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Well you don't have to get them all. The game itself is free and comes with three songs initially so if you like those you can get a gift card and pay for more (I assume it's somehow possible to create a Japanese iTunes account without a gift card since a lot of people seem to just have the free songs)

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post Mar 25 2011, 08:37 AM
Post #25

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

I guess one other question I have is how managing that app alongside US App Store apps would work. Do you have apps from multiple regions on one device, and if so, how do you have to manage them all?

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 25 2011, 08:41 AM
Post #26

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I didn't have to do anything special, I just logged into my Japanese account, installed the game, and then I can log back into my Australian account whenever (though I don't really have anything else to install on it right now). I know that works because my friend also logged into his own account to install ESPGaluda 2 and Dodonpachi on it and it worked fine.

I dunno how it'd work with syncing since I just have the 'manually manage my crap' box checked. It doesn't seem like anyone else who downloaded it has had any troubles though?

--------------------

+Quote Post
*NYAA
post Mar 25 2011, 12:37 PM
Post #27

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

my friend has it on iphone and is identical to ipad version, the only thing is that it's nearly unplayable unless you know the charts already as you can't have a clear view of the field, but you can mash out multiple notes at once with just one finger (it doesn't really depend on your will though)

plus on my friends' it had an odd bug where you had to restart the game after each song but maybe that's because it's cracked

--------------------
Sound/kors k

The super director L.E.D., said "I like American-based resorts", and felt that there wasn't enough black music and told me to fix that.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 25 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #28

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Oh cool two new song packs just showed up including SigSig and this "concon" song which was pretty cool but hard as hell

Also there was some Yu Tokiwa song (sounds like wac) called Shonen Ripples from a few packs back that I didn't even realise existed until today.

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 26 2011, 06:15 AM
Post #29

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

SigSig's ADV chart is so fucking good I think I could just play it forever.

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 27 2011, 08:27 PM
Post #30

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

A SigSig ADV, cleared a bunch of 7s and 8s. I don't even know what my hands are doing half the time anymore but it's apparently working so okay! All My Heart is like the best Mitsuru song ever.

Also you should all play this game cos it owns.

--------------------

+Quote Post
over there
post Mar 27 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #31

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I played the hardest song on the jubeat demo at a recent tournament and passed it first try (second time ever playing the game), I still don't see why anyone who is decent at music games already should bother. It's a good entry-level game like rock band but it just doesn't feel like it's worth getting good at :/

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 27 2011, 09:03 PM
Post #32

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Haha well I still can't comprehend anything rated 9 or above (and almost all of the songs on EXT), plus there's a pretty big difference between clearing (ie getting a C or over) and getting an A, S, SS, SSS, EXC and so on. What happened anyway, why can't a music game just be fun instead of "you must play this for years to even get decent"

--------------------

+Quote Post
over there
post Mar 27 2011, 09:43 PM
Post #33

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Mar 27 2011, 10:03 PM) *
Haha well I still can't comprehend anything rated 9 or above (and almost all of the songs on EXT), plus there's a pretty big difference between clearing (ie getting a C or over) and getting an A, S, SS, SSS, EXC and so on. What happened anyway, why can't a music game just be fun instead of "you must play this for years to even get decent"

I don't mind music games being fun and not absolutely ridiculous (Gitaroo-Man has always been my favorite, but some say it's one of the hardest out there; I disagree) and I know clearing is score-based, I am just upset that the game at least seems too easy for me on a first play. I want to at least have a week where all I can pass is 4s or something, you know? I want to have something to look toward doing 5 months from now, not a game where I can do all, or nearly all, the charts and clear them without a problem in the first day.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 27 2011, 10:10 PM
Post #34

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Well that's what happened to me when I played it at the arcade back when it originally came out so maybe you're just too good at music games :<

edit: haha yeah. What happened to Scatman, More More More and Kibun Jojo in jubeat plus anyway

What did you play, out of interest?

--------------------

+Quote Post
over there
post Mar 27 2011, 10:23 PM
Post #35

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Mar 27 2011, 10:10 PM) *
Well that's what happened to me when I played it at the arcade back when it originally came out so maybe you're just too good at music games :<

edit: haha yeah. What happened to Scatman, More More More and Kibun Jojo in jubeat plus anyway

What did you play, out of interest?

Well from what I remember, on AC I played Cutey Honey theme on Basic (4?), Hot Limit on Advanced (6?) then something that was a 7 on Extreme, I forget what. At the tournament recently I played the William Tell song on Extreme.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 27 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #36

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Ah. I haven't even tried that one yet, I think it's a 9 though so the 10s at least would be harder than that. I've heard Evans and Air Raid in particular are pretty difficult.

On the other hand this dude from Bemanistyle could clear Far East Nightbird with a B or so after only like 8 hours of playing so who knows, you guys are probably all just too good at videogames or something >_>

edit: [4] [8] {1} -16-

--------------------

+Quote Post
over there
post Mar 27 2011, 11:09 PM
Post #37

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Mar 27 2011, 11:30 PM) *
edit: [4] [8] {1} -16-

lol

Also if anything you're WAAAAAAAAY better than me at Technika :< I gotta find the cash/time/gas to play it more.

+Quote Post
grayfox9996
post Mar 27 2011, 11:11 PM
Post #38

Ready for mission.

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (over there @ Mar 27 2011, 09:09 PM) *
Also if anything you're WAAAAAAAAY better than me at Technika :< I gotta find the gas to play it more.

i hear they sell this in stations

--------------------
QUOTE (IIDX Clock @ Jan 31 2009, 08:21 AM) *
actually, Japan has REALLY high technology.

heck they even have predecessors to HD already

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Mar 27 2011, 11:14 PM
Post #39

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (over there @ Mar 27 2011, 11:09 PM) *
Also if anything you're WAAAAAAAAY better than me at Technika :< I gotta find the cash/time/gas to play it more.

I suppose, not really a fair comparison though since I have like 3 machines within 10-30 minutes of my workplace and was playing the game for like 2-3 hours every day until just recently. I've probably spent literally like 2 grand on the game by this point.

--------------------

+Quote Post
over there
post Mar 27 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #40

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Mar 27 2011, 11:14 PM) *
I suppose, not really a fair comparison though since I have like 3 machines within 10-30 minutes of my workplace and was playing the game for like 2-3 hours every day until just recently. I've probably spent literally like 2 grand on the game by this point.

It's ok, if I had 2 grand to spend in Japan on IIDX I would have spent it, considering I exhausted about 1000 in the first 3 weeks lol.

grayfox: Jersey Turnpike is expensive :< And gas is too much for me to go more than like 30 miles a week right now, let alone 200 or so to 8 on the Break.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2018 - 07:54 PM