Reply to this topicStart new topic
> beatmania IIDX INFINITAS, R.I.P. SIRIUS CS jokes
DanAdamKOF
post Sep 10 2015, 07:01 PM
Post #21

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

they were more like "well we'll see"

I mean you pledge "We, Konami, will support PS2 controllers via converters" and then you actually have to support them and take reports and pledge fixes/deal with customers based on old PS2 controllers and whatever usually garbage Chinese hardware detangles PS2 and parrots it into a USB stream, or have egg on your face and say "no actually you're on your own" after enough complaints (I could see USKOC owners complaining a lot since with few exceptions they produce glitchy timing with converters).

Probably more likely they would allow for input from USB game controllers and if you so happen to have a PS2 controller through it and it works, great, and if not, you complain and they say "we support the manner of inputting to Infinitas that you're using, but your controller setup is wack, sorry try another one".

Like put it this way, assuming they'll support more than just keyboard, they'd have to go out of their way to purposefully not support PS2 controllers thru converters and create some sort of blacklist of VID/PID used by converters just so they could say they don't and mean it. I'm sure there's not some database already of said devices up for purchase so they'd have to buy up all that they can and make their own, I do NOT see that happening lmao.

As for actually making controllers that's of course pretty daunting and I don't blame them for not having a definite answer. As a hardware geek I would love to see it happen though. But as a tinkerer I'll say that with USB input boards out there designed for IIDX controllers, anyone with a soldering iron and KOC can USB-itize their controllers, so you're not totally stuck if you were hoping for a KOC USB controller.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rmz
post Sep 15 2015, 11:04 AM
Post #22

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

The user survey they put up had a question about controllers. It asked "how do you plan on playing this" (keyboard, PS2 controller with adapter, etc), and if you'd be interested in purchasing a new official controller if one existed. If not, why not, if so, what's the most you'd be willing to pay, etc.

+Quote Post
1st Samurai
post Oct 26 2015, 02:37 PM
Post #23

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

Holy shit, glad I logged in after a long hiatus.

Am assuming this is PC only and not Mac?

+Quote Post
Tropical Pallete
post Oct 27 2015, 12:00 PM
Post #24

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

It's only on PC, yes.

--------------------
QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 19 2010, 02:30 PM) *
2 steps to naming a yoshitaka song

1. Turn on capslock
2. Roll face across keyboard

+Quote Post
Thunderbird
post Nov 5 2015, 10:08 PM
Post #25

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Looks like there were a couple multi-day test periods, though the last one ended on the 28th. Wonder if there will be any more...or if there will be a release date given.

+Quote Post
Thunderbird
post Nov 15 2015, 08:29 PM
Post #26

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

I took a look at the TOS on the website using Google translate, and noted a couple sections in there:

The service is only available to those who registered a Japanese Konami ID (I mistakenly registered a US one).
There is a reference to PASELI in there.

Also, there seems to be something about needing an e-amusement pass for some reason? I'll paste the supplied Google translation of the relevant sections, trying to paste the original Japanese is causing some weird issues.

QUOTE ("Google Translate")
2. When the use of this service, you will need the following customer information as a general rule. It should be noted that, depending on the type of this service, you might your information is required in addition to other than the customer information that is listed below. In addition, the Company might acquire individual identification number of your mobile terminal with respect to the use of this service by the customer, hardware, software, information of the online connection.
(1) KONAMI ID (it contains the user information you provide to us at the time of KONAMI ID registration)
(2) e-AMUSEMENT PASS card number

+Quote Post
Trip Machina
post Nov 29 2015, 10:47 AM
Post #27

The Shadow

beatmaniaIIDX INFINITAS....
Hey Konami, instead of making this whole thing complicated with PASELI and e-Amusement CLOUD, why don't you give us what your LOYAL fans want?! Let us pay top dollar for the full game (unrestricted access), then implement your monetization!

From what we know, the game's initial songlist will have songs from beatmaniaIIDX 1st style up to beatmaniaIIDX 17 SIRIUS. Now, as you can see, there is already enough potential to monetize right here:

-You can charge for CUSTOMIZE content, even GOLI art!
-You can charge for new CS exclusive songs or new beatmania 5-Key revivals.
-You can implement an unlock system and allow us to pay to instantly unlock songs/content.
-You can charge for entire styles (18th and up)
**If you charge 5,000JPY for each style thereafter, you're already looking at a guaranteed 30,000JPY profit per player!

...I'm being as humane and generous as possible because I'm willing to pay for another true beatmaniaIIDX ConsumerSoft game!

PLEASE ALLOW PLAYERS TO:
1. Play the full game OFFLINE
2. Be able to save score data OFFLINE

beatmaniaIIDX INFINITAS Konami Official Controller
In your survey, you did ask the question, and it's likely that 99% agreed to have a beatmaniaIIDX controller made for the game, so we expect a controller or at least compatibility with existing beatmaniaIIDX controllers to play beatmaniaIIDX INFINITAS.

Your revenues in the arcade are plenty enough....paying to play and unlock songs on beatmaniaIIDX copula (arcade) in the day, and then paying to play and unlock songs on beatmaniaIIDX INFINITAS (home) at night IS JUST ASKING TOO FUCKING MUCH!! Konami, please make this game a game that will make your loyal fans EXTREMELY happy!!!

beatmaniaIIDX INFINITAS has seemingly finished all Alpha testing with the final build release imminent. I suspect the release to be before summer 2016.

EDIT: Made this.

Although I spent a couple hours on this, I still doubt KONAMI would listen, but at least it's worth a try! I need you all to at least try to spam the hell out of KONAMI with this.

DOWNLOADABLE FULL IMAGE FILE HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldaez21iyc3gh2a/I...INITAS.jpg?dl=0

It may be last minute, but it'll at least give them something to look at.

This post has been edited by Trip Machina: Nov 29 2015, 04:19 PM

--------------------
All you DDRist's, try Trip Machine with the bass turned up!!

+Quote Post
Deets
post Nov 30 2015, 04:07 PM
Post #28

all jew (about damaging it)

Although I spent a couple hours on this, I still doubt KONAMI would listen, but at least it's worth a try!

Hey man maybe try getting a native japanese speaker to proofread that thing before sending it off, just a thought

+Quote Post
Trip Machina
post Dec 1 2015, 05:32 AM
Post #29

The Shadow

QUOTE (Deets @ Nov 30 2015, 05:07 PM) *
Hey man maybe try getting a native japanese speaker to proofread that thing before sending it off, just a thought

Absolutely, especially if I want Konami to take us seriously.
In other news, INFINITAS service has officially started today.

....gone is the excitement of the old CS days; oh how I miss those days dearly. I'd be more than happy to physically chase UPS or FedEx trucks again.

EDIT: Already proofread by a native Japanese speaker who also agrees with me, and it's good to go. I will be sending this to Konami of Japan ASAP. :)
Any others who are willing, you may also send a copy to KONAMI in some way or form.

This post has been edited by Trip Machina: Dec 1 2015, 11:19 PM

--------------------
All you DDRist's, try Trip Machine with the bass turned up!!

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Dec 2 2015, 04:04 PM
Post #30

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

So uh, how many hoops does a North American person have to go through to play this game?

+Quote Post
Tropical Pallete
post Dec 2 2015, 04:10 PM
Post #31

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

You need either a Japanese credit card or BitCash to transfer money to Konami's PASELI service to pay the 1590 yen a month fee to play the game.

--------------------

1. Turn on capslock

+Quote Post
Thunderbird
post Dec 2 2015, 10:51 PM
Post #32

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

It appears that the monthly fee for recurring is always charged on the first of the month. So there's less of an incentive to start in the middle of the month.

A little backwards there, Konami. I don't know of ANY MMO that pulls this stunt. Does their basic eamuse subscription do the same thing? (Never looked)

(EDIT)Also looks to be a 1.6GB initial download, plus around a 1.4GB initial update, from the looks of things. The subscription isn't required to do either of these.

+Quote Post
Thunderbird
post Dec 12 2015, 10:27 PM
Post #33

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

I was looking on the INFINITAS site, and noticed a green button there. Turns out, Konami has a trial version which is quite literally just there to see how the game performs. It's a 235MB download. The launcher still requires a Konami ID to log in (and it accepted my US one, though paying the monthly fee to play it could be fairly difficult for non-Japanese IDs), but obviously a subscription is not needed. When started, the game will autoplay 5.1.1 Normal, then return to the title screen.

Probably a good plan on Konami's part here. Those steep system requirements were making me unsure if I would be able to run the game at all, but it appears to run just fine for me.

+Quote Post
Thunderbird
post Dec 25 2015, 05:54 PM
Post #34

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/bemanifactory/index.html

o.O

+Quote Post
rmz
post Jun 7 2016, 03:47 PM
Post #35

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Is there some reasonable method to play this outside of Japan?

+Quote Post
Tropical Pallete
post Jun 8 2016, 11:33 PM
Post #36

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Not unless you own a Japanese credit card.

--------------------

1. Turn on capslock

+Quote Post
rmz
post Jun 9 2016, 09:47 PM
Post #37

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

I'll go on forgetting that this exists, then, I guess!

+Quote Post
Thunderbird
post Jun 10 2016, 10:34 PM
Post #38

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

You can purchase PASELI with BitCash, and use that to pay the monthly fee. I've been doing this since January. This only works with a Japanese registered account, but when I registered mine, it didn't check my actual location.

There's also a trial version which autoplays Miracle Meets [A] and doesn't require an active subscription (just for checking to see if your PC can run the game well). You do still need an account to use it.

+Quote Post
Catastrophe
post Jun 13 2016, 09:48 PM
Post #39

Human Sequencer Wannabe

DJ Battle This User

I buy Bitcash from seagm using Paypal, then I go to Konami's website and use the bitcash (16 letter Hiragana code) to buy equivalent amounts of Paseli. There's a green 'sub' button on the corner of the Infinitas page. Easy.

I've played Infinitas since launch (and both betas), but even I don't think the game is worth it yet. I'm not comparing it to bootleg LDJ, but I am comparing it to copula. No rivals, no UI customizations or website, and really no way to interact with your friend's scores at all. (Which is why this very website exists! Maybe we should enter Infinitas data?) And then of course the songlist is old contains hits like Flowers from Albion and I Was the One. The songpacks have been much better but the initial 40-odd songlist in December was what I called "What they're too embarrassed to try to put into songpacks later".

Then the server is down from 4pm-6pm EST daily.

But it is a really good port of Spada. (That means no R-RAN, combo judge, or HCN.) And the theme is nice. The only trace of Spada left is when you press '3' to switch between SP/DP. The rest of the game is vaguely space themed like whatever. 720p. It runs great. Technically I think the game is perfect. I've been able to stream and play it from the same (old) computer with no issues. It doesn't drift or lose sync or anything, unless your hardware is just really crap or some Firefox tab running in the background hangs your whole computer. (Doh.) But that's not the game's fault. There's an option to disable videos and overlays, and you get this stock graphic in the video area like what the Twinkle games did back when your DVD player was (of course) dead or missing. I think I've managed to experience every bug in the game so far, but to the devs credit, they fixed them all within 48 hours. I guess that's what a monly sub buys you!

--------------------
Life is short. Don't YOLO too hard. :P

+Quote Post
Prims
post Jun 13 2016, 11:46 PM
Post #40

Rising in the Sun

I'm really surprised they haven't come up with any exclusive songs yet. If they did I might bother trying it though I'd have to buy a controller still. As is I'd rather just go play copula. The menu music is super dope though!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st June 2018 - 10:40 PM