IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Technical issue (disc read)
eternal
post Sep 24 2012, 02:35 PM
Post #1

Hey. Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum but I'm having a technical problem which I think is specific to IIDX. I was playing quasar[H] in DistorteD the other day and the audio cut off part way through the song. Then, when the song ended, the game went black and never loaded the results screen. The same thing happened with quasar[A] when I tried to restart the song. Other songs run fine, but then I stumbled onto a song that refused to start playing after the interface loaded, even though I could press start to adjust the towel and whatnot.

So... what could be causing this? It seems like weird behaviour since it's only applying to specific songs. For the record, the game hasn't failed to load yet.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Buffalo
post Sep 24 2012, 02:48 PM
Post #2

The Shadow

clean the disk or reburn at a lower speed if youre using burned copies

--------------------
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Sep 24 2012, 10:22 PM
Post #3

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

If the disc is really scratched, see if you can find a good place to repair it. We get a used video game store to re-finish our IIDX discs and it makes a huge difference.

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Sep 24 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #4

they keep referring to me as that

fair warning if you're using swapmagic and burned discs, you WILL kill your PS2. i am on my 3rd ps2 now for iidx.

luckily, it died completely. why am i even on this forum. why are any of you

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
eternal
post Sep 24 2012, 10:52 PM
Post #5

Thanks. The disc was clean but turns out it received some of those circular scratches from faulty slim PS2s... guess I'll go burn a copy instead.

EDIT: I have a modchip, not swapmagic. Would that be fine? Also, there are a few game repair stores around here so I can ask, but it'll probably just get scratched again since it's the console that's doing it. Hopefully they'll be able to repair the console too. It sounds like it's the problem described in this thread.

This post has been edited by eternal: Sep 24 2012, 10:58 PM

+Quote Post
BigC
post Sep 24 2012, 11:11 PM
Post #6

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

Where does this "swap magic will kill your PS2" thing come from? I've used swap magic on my PS2 since 2006 or 2007 and it still works fine. I know using the slide card method will damage it but I use flip top instead so maybe that's what's going on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
eternal
post Sep 25 2012, 10:51 AM
Post #7

^ I was wondering that too tbh.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Sep 27 2012, 11:27 AM
Post #8

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

I've been using Swap Magic with legit game discs since 2003, never had any particular issues. It took my first PS2 several years to die (which is probably unrelated), and my second one is still going strong.

Using burned discs, though, yeah, I could reasonably see that doing something bad. At the very least, the games themselves seem to have significantly longer loading times when I use burned discs, but that might be able to be mitigated by experimenting with different types of discs.

+Quote Post
DanAdamKOF
post Oct 29 2012, 05:46 PM
Post #9

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Possibly a bad laser. My PS2 started stopping loading certain songs, or loading forever and cutting out halfway, and stuff like that, when its laser started to go. If it's a 70000 series slim then just find another, I'm convinced the lasers on those aren't meant to last. My 75000 has been rock-solid.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2018 - 04:56 PM