Post #1

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

what happens when someone that can't handle 12s on dp tries to make a 12 chart

point out impossible/bullshit parts if there are any

http://www.mediafire.com/?i9i84y7mzani17g

--------------------
Sound/kors k

The super director L.E.D., said "I like American-based resorts", and felt that there wasn't enough black music and told me to fix that.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
m335h73r
post Feb 11 2012, 07:05 PM
Post #2

Roll for Tier

DJ Battle This User

HC'd it first try

--------------------

+Quote Post
dog$
post Feb 12 2012, 01:57 AM
Post #3

Rising in the Sun

Oh awesome, it's a BMS. I thought this was a movie that wasn't hosted or something.

I'll try this out tomorrow and see how it compares to the Extra Mode charts and such.

Thank you for sharing this.

+Quote Post
dog$
post Feb 12 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #4

Rising in the Sun

OK.

Just for shits I played it on Extra Mode first - 5396: 1740 1916 1216 0698 2102, new note count: 6948. old note count: 5434. increase: 027.86%

Very interesting in that this note count exceeds the total of the three normal charts in EX (2524+2374+1510 = 6408).

Then I played the normal chart and had this result: 5645; 1873 1899 856 273 819 combo 204 B -392

For comparison, an expert course of the three official A14 charts gave me this: 5559; 2088 1383 308 63 125 combo 282 AA -548.

Overall you managed to make the songs play substantially differently than by their official charts; while there are some pretty bullshitty parts in terms of what's being asked, it's not as bad as the official charts in EX. Some scratch chords were rough, but I did like the percussion hits at the opening of the A mix. I think particularly in the second half of the N mix there's a nice stream where you have the scale roll on one hand while the same rhythm but not note stream runs on the other. Parts like that I enjoyed. I believe that the jacks were more meant to mirror how the 7key Schlong chart is laid but I definitely prefer the flow from having the notes trilled instead.

I'll definitely make time to play it every now and then, as it offers a substantial challenge as well as a different take on the song.

+Quote Post
*NYAA
post Feb 13 2012, 04:37 AM
Post #5

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (dog$ @ Feb 13 2012, 04:54 AM) *
Overall you managed to make the songs play substantially differently than by their official charts;

i made this completely from scratch starting from the sc long sp chart, i don't even know how the DPA of the mixes look like

while there are some pretty bullshitty parts in terms of what's being asked

which ones? i want to make this properly hard, not 5th style dpa chart hard

Very interesting in that this note count exceeds the total of the three normal charts in EX (2524+2374+1510 = 6408).

that's because the long mix has more keysounds compared to the NHA mixes charts, especially the "bridges" between the diferent mixes are just backgound music while in the long mix are actual notes

also are you $TYL on programmed world

--------------------
Sound/kors k

The super director L.E.D., said "I like American-based resorts", and felt that there wasn't enough black music and told me to fix that.

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Feb 13 2012, 05:29 AM
Post #6

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Newcastle Legions @ Feb 13 2012, 06:37 PM) *

$TYL is otaku1313131313 aka over there

+Quote Post
over there
post Feb 13 2012, 06:37 PM
Post #7

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (Newcastle Legions @ Feb 13 2012, 04:37 AM) *

lol dats me

I wanted to dl this but I dunno if it is keysounded and I have no way of playing doubles on anything besides CS/AC (unless I have one of my friends with another adapter over) so I wouldn't be a good critic

+Quote Post
dog$
post Feb 13 2012, 08:51 PM
Post #8

Rising in the Sun

I'm not on PW.

Yeah, it's keysounded.

Second replay without Random: Most of the second half of the H mix has a lot of parts where there's scratch chords with 16th notes running between pairs of scratch chords hits - this is pretty unusual, and I can't handle it well.

I think in the transition between N and H there are scale runs you put in which are straight from one side to the other (right to left I think) and I'd suggest making it more mirror the song's sound in that the string should have a curl in it (ie; instead of 14 12 10 8 7 5 3 1 it should be something more like 14 12 10 8 10 8 7 5).

Third replay with Random: -300 EX off of record. I really can't get very detailed about it without having capture equipment or a way to point out measures. Everything from the second half of H through the first half of A is pretty rough - the jacks on one hand while scales run on the other is not easy. I don't know how better to explain it.

+Quote Post
over there
post Feb 13 2012, 10:37 PM
Post #9

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (dog$ @ Feb 13 2012, 08:51 PM) *
I'm not on PW.

Yeah, it's keysounded.

Second replay without Random: Most of the second half of the H mix has a lot of parts where there's scratch chords with 16th notes running between pairs of scratch chords hits - this is pretty unusual, and I can't handle it well.

I think in the transition between N and H there are scale runs you put in which are straight from one side to the other (right to left I think) and I'd suggest making it more mirror the song's sound in that the string should have a curl in it (ie; instead of 14 12 10 8 7 5 3 1 it should be something more like 14 12 10 8 10 8 7 5).

Third replay with Random: -300 EX off of record. I really can't get very detailed about it without having capture equipment or a way to point out measures. Everything from the second half of H through the first half of A is pretty rough - the jacks on one hand while scales run on the other is not easy. I don't know how better to explain it.

I'll take a look later, probably gonna play CS doubles tonight so I'll at least have a little bit of reference. Also to be fair the H mix is considerably harder than A on doubles in the regular [a] chart, so I can see it being somewhat rougher. I do agree with the use of jacks on the A part though since those are a good technical part of the singles chart that was absent from the doubles, and isn't present in a lot of post-8th Style stuff. I'll write detailed remarks at some ungodly hour later.

+Quote Post
over there
post Feb 14 2012, 03:42 AM
Post #10

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

hard parts:
-End of H mix is unreasonably hard for the general feel of the file (think 3y3s or gobey SPAs) on both hands lmao
-~4200 notes in A mix, right hand is insane but could fit if you made that H mix ending easier
-Final 2 measures or so, left hand has really difficult patterns where you have to move your hand all over the place in 16th notes. Because you need accuracy during the chords on the left hand to pass, try to keep strange chords like 345 or whatever it was to a minimum (especially in 16th streams, those are hard enough alone)

advice:
-"Empty" scratches or scratches w/notes that start from at least a 16th note of rest are okay to stream, but going with 16th notes and scratches at the same time on the same hand is 4th Style DXY! DPA stuff, only do that if you have something that can reasonably be done while scratching, like the 14 13 12 13 14 13 12 part at one point in A mix (I think). Empty scratches would be scratches with no notes on that hand, just a scratch. These are used often in high level charts and are fine, but adding in a note (even if it makes sense to hit 1+S normally) in a 16th stream is just mean
-You seem to be missing keysounds or have the wrong ones in for like 10 notes or so, in separate areas.

I know 12 is a wide rating area, especially on doubles, but you need to decide if this is gonna be like Bad Maniacs DPA or Murmur Twins DPA or something inbetween. As is, there are moments of nothing or simple patterns that lead into massive streams of chording and it just feels wrong because it happens too often; it is bipolar in a sense. Still, I think the patterns you designed are really cool and remind me of an easier version of a TaQ or Tatsh DP chart.

+Quote Post
*NYAA
post Feb 14 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #11

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (dog$ @ Feb 14 2012, 02:51 AM) *

you mean this?

Third replay with Random: -300 EX off of record. I really can't get very detailed about it without having capture equipment or a way to point out measures.

if you want to point out specific measures you can open the bms with an editor (http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~ryang6/iBMSC/ or http://ucn.tokonats.net/software/bmse/)

Everything from the second half of H through the first half of A is pretty rough - the jacks on one hand while scales run on the other is not easy. I don't know how better to explain it.

i didn't understand well, i'll try looking in it

you mean like the top sequence (opposed to the bottom one which is how it's now)?

QUOTE (over there @ Feb 14 2012, 04:37 AM) *
Also to be fair the H mix is considerably harder than A on doubles in the regular [a] chart, so I can see it being somewhat rougher.

indeed, the H part has much more keysounds compared to the A

QUOTE (over there @ Feb 14 2012, 09:42 AM) *
-End of H mix is unreasonably hard for the general feel of the file (think 3y3s or gobey SPAs) on both hands lmao

you mean this part right?

-~4200 notes in A mix, right hand is insane but could fit if you made that H mix ending easier

i have to play all the song from the beginning to find that part so i'll look in it later, if you could point the measure it ould help

--------------------
Sound/kors k

+Quote Post
*NYAA
post Feb 14 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #12

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

-Final 2 measures or so, left hand has really difficult patterns where you have to move your hand all over the place in 16th notes. Because you need accuracy during the chords on the left hand to pass, try to keep strange chords like 345 or whatever it was to a minimum (especially in 16th streams, those are hard enough alone)

i see what you mean, even if i tried to keep everything together indeed to not have the hand moving around too much

-"Empty" scratches or scratches w/notes that start from at least a 16th note of rest are okay to stream, but going with 16th notes and scratches at the same time on the same hand is 4th Style DXY! DPA stuff, only do that if you have something that can reasonably be done while scratching, like the 14 13 12 13 14 13 12 part at one point in A mix (I think). Empty scratches would be scratches with no notes on that hand, just a scratch. These are used often in high level charts and are fine, but adding in a note (even if it makes sense to hit 1+S normally) in a 16th stream is just mean

so stuff like left side is ok while right isnt?

-You seem to be missing keysounds or have the wrong ones in for like 10 notes or so, in separate areas.

actually this is very important, if you could grab an editor and point out the exact area it wote ould be nice because no way i'm going to compare note to note with the SP chart to see where i fucked up, or maybe just point the general area where it happens (eg. second half of A, beginning of H etc.)

there are moments of nothing or simple patterns that lead into massive streams of chording and it just feels wrong because it happens too often; it is bipolar in a sense.

i know, but that's because there are areas with few keysounds and others where many others pop out

--------------------
Sound/kors k

+Quote Post
Krazy
post Feb 14 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #13

Flesvelka

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Newcastle Legions @ Feb 14 2012, 06:09 PM) *

This is not even remotely possible or fun. I know you play doubles so what makes you think someone would actually be able to hit this reliably?

QUOTE (Newcastle Legions @ Feb 14 2012, 06:09 PM) *

Neither works. The one on the left would sort of work if you took out the note right before or after the scratch, but it wouldn't be very fun, especially if it's used a lot.

There are well-done charts with stupid scratching (QQQ [h], Broken Eden [a], First Resolution [a], empathy [h] kind of, etc.) but they just don't work at all in this chart.

+Quote Post
*NYAA
post Feb 15 2012, 02:51 AM
Post #14

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Krazy @ Feb 15 2012, 01:52 AM) *
This is not even remotely possible or fun. I know you play doubles so what makes you think someone would actually be able to hit this reliably?

i play level 7-8, i don't know how 12s look like and what stupid stuff high level players are supposed to be able to hit

if i make that part 8ths (chord-TT-chord-TT) or levae the 16ths but put TT notes as normal notes would it work?

--------------------
Sound/kors k

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Feb 15 2012, 11:40 AM
Post #15

they keep referring to me as that

QUOTE (Newcastle Legions @ Feb 14 2012, 11:51 PM) *
i play level 7-8, i don't know how 12s look like and what stupid stuff high level players are supposed to be able to hit

i haven't actually looked at this whole chart but from what i've seen...well, have you seen the video of EXIT exhard failing route80s DPA? that's what i think of when i see some of the measures you've posted. except scripted connection is 29 bpm faster than route80s

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
*NYAA
post Apr 24 2012, 03:20 AM
Post #16

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

found some time and fixed the most obvious bad placed scratches + some fixes around, end of H mix is still crap tough

http://www.mediafire.com/?4wxi634kfqvd5hc

it's just the bms, drop it in the foldder w sounds

--------------------
Sound/kors k

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2018 - 06:03 PM