IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ground Rules

1. Please only start a thread if it's your course.
  2. One thread per course.
  3. Please include in the thread:
    • Link to coursesession score entry page.
    • List of the songs in the course
    • Which style the course is for.
    • Details about the motivation or theme
  4. Keep it clean. Consider each thread like a rivalry - don't just flame the shit out of each other.
  5. After the course is destroyed, please abandon the thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SCRATCH2 (Empress) + SCRATCH3 (DJ TROOPERS), First ever user made expert course trilogy
BigC
post Oct 13 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #1

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

Spineshark's topics inspired me to post this course that I made for OCotW. (R.I.P. Gone too soon) It's pretty much a sequel to the SCRATCH course that I made for Gold since I am too uncreative to come up with another expert course theme and I also like songs with scratching even though I am bad at them. Also I made another course for DJ Troopers a few days ago when I realized that it has enough songs to make one.

SCRATCH2 - Empress Disc
Really Love [a]
Electrorgasm [a]
naughty girl@queen's palace [a]
Just a Little Smile [a]
One or Eight [a]

SCRATCH3 - DJ Troopers
Sweetest Savage [a] (Why the FUCK can't we use black anothers for expert courses?)
War Game [a]
Digitank System [a]
Brainstorm [a]
Troopers [a]

I can actually make another one of these courses for Happy Sky but that involves dealing with Happy Sky timing and playing JALS's chart again so fuck that.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Oct 13 2010, 08:12 PM
Post #2

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

I think DD is probably the worst CS since 8th (if not more) for making a scratching course. I'm pretty sure you end up with something like:

Attack the Music (49 Music Mix)
Hybrid Landscape
Wana
Solid State Squad
Concertino in Blue

Not that those aren't all pretty cool, but they mostly don't feel like "scratch songs" in the same way that DJ Mass songs, CYO, Scream Squad, etc. do. Also, that's a ridiculous difficulty spread: 6, 9, (easy) 10, 12, 12.

+Quote Post
BigC
post Oct 13 2010, 08:25 PM
Post #3

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

I did get away with using Sense 2007 in the first one but then again all the other songs in that course had more authentic scratching songs.

edit: We could call the DD course SCRATCH? since they fall into that gray area lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Oct 13 2010, 09:08 PM
Post #4

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Oh sure now everyone comes up with their OCOTWs all at once

I might bring it back one day if I can be bothered writing some kind of automated system to handle it (because adding up the notecounts and inserting them into the database manually each week got kinda tedious) but would more than like 3 people actually play them? I think that was the primary issue that led to it going on hiatus in the first place, along with lack of submissions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Oct 13 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #5

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

Both of the topics I posed are courses I sent in like a year ago dry.gif

OCOTW back would be great, but something like the old VJA course function would be fine too. Do you still have that code? I don't even think there are really enough people around to abuse it too bad. Well, I might be able to do it just on my own, but pretend I didn't say that.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Oct 13 2010, 10:47 PM
Post #6

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I don't think the original course mode was ever written for 4.0. I'd have the 3.0 code somewhere but it'd need a lot of work to add it into the site as it is now.

The old original course mode wouldn't work too well for our purposes anyway since everyone was limited to only one course unless each one they made was manually deassigned from them. Not much use unless you're Super Star Mitsuru.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Oct 14 2010, 12:17 AM
Post #7

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

I knew about the limits from VJA 3.0, but I assumed (yeah yeah I know) that those would be the least of the problems.

Played the DD one tonight since I was gonna play DD anyway. Pretty fun, but I used it as a warmup so didn't know what to set for my Sudden+ on this TV. At least I've finally FC'd Attack the Music hahaha

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2018 - 04:13 AM